Jeff Ashton -Retired? Not if he has anything to say about it! ;) ***Updated***

Hey LC :seeya:

Usually I agree with your posts but just want to interject here. I don't see JA as 'rough around the edges' at all, but rather passionate, principled, and bold in asserting himself. Wish more men would be like him. JMO.

Of course, there is always the possibility, I am just enamored by him :loveyou:

Now if you want to talk about 'rough around the edges' JB brings new meaning to the description. In fact, he could be it's poster child. lol! :cow:

LOL....I was addressing the "laughing" part of JA's behavior in court. Afterall he is human but apparently there are those who view that as a sign of weakness. That somehow an SA is suppose to pull the rabbit out of a hat at the right time and save the day. Sort of "superhero" time. But let's face it the man is human.

He is brillant and I admire his ability to be able to cross examine these witnesses right off the top of his head and manage to turn the defense witness testimony around. That takes a very smart man. He would be a great asset to Orlando if he should win the election because of his knowledge. Think about the range he was able to cover in forensics. It's really amazing. He has so much more knowledge than the whole defense team combined. His knowledge alone demands respect. It would be a waste if he were to retire completely as he still has a lot to contribute. I hope Orlando realizes that and votes him in. jmo

With all due respect to those who have differing opinions, I believe one reason the jury came back with the not guilty verdict was because they picked 12 people who either did not follow the case on NG, or some of them already had their minds made up. The media, specifically NG and others on HLN, hyped this case for 3 years, and the prosecution thought there was no way they could lose. They were over-confident.
I agree that she should have been found guilty. FWIW, I do think the prosecution did a good job, but JA did act a little arrogant and unprofessional at times. Still... they should not have held that against him when deciding their verdict. I do agree with him on one thing, as he said in his book, somewhere along the way everybody forgot about Caylee and lost sight of what this case was all about. It turned into being about Casey, and it should NOT be about her at all. It should be about Caylee and the justice she was denied. I think that verdict shocked all of us, but there is nothing we can do to change it, what's done is done.
I wish they had found her guilty... because then it would have been over and we would finally hear the last of it. As it is, the media just will not let it go. We will be blasted with news and videos of her from now on, until somebody at HLN finally decides that's enough and just loses interest. Hopefully that will be sooner rather than later.
And also, every case that comes to our attention is compared to this one, and that is just getting old. People have been killing people since time began, and they will keep on until the world is gone. And a lot of them have got away with it, so as far as I'm concerned, we can all forget about Casey. She doesn't deserve the attention she's getting and I wish the news media would finally get that, and let it go.
JMO.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
fesmike
Back