Jennifer Buchanan

Jennifer Buchanan needs to join her local chapter of The Compassionate Friends and be in the company of those who can truly help make a difference in her. This professional group will have the expertise and resources available to meet her high needs. During this extremely difficult time, she has done right by seperating herself from the mob and now she needs to either contact this Chapter for counselling services or read books on loss to help her heal. Her mother avoided this process by returning to work. I am glad JB found her daughter's service uplifting and that she was able to let her go in a blaze of glory!

In my opinion the chapter for "Friends and Family of Victims of Violent Crimes"
is better for people who have a loved one that has been murdered. "Compassionate Friends" is good but it is geared more towards people who have lost a child through an accident, sickness, etc but not necessiarly a violent crime.
"Friends and Family......is for familys who have lost a child violently or even an adult violently. I'm not saying one death is more painful than the other but there really is a difference in the groups. I've tried them both and that was my opinion. The people in both groups were wonderful.

Neither group, in my opinion, is meant to be a therapy group. People get together and different topics are discussed and the people who want to talk do. I think the groups help people process what has happened to their lives and each person has the chance to share feelings and thoughts.
You discover that there are other people who are going through the same thing that you are going through and you find out that some of your feelings aren't abnormal. It helps and I would recommend anyone who has lost a loved one through violence to join "Friends and Family.......

For some reason I doubt that Jennifer would be interested in going to a group like the two above.
Sometimes I wonder if she is even fazed by the murder of this beautiful little girl. I get the feeling that she resented having to check up on her and that this child was interfering in her new found freedom. Where was the gramma? Was she still living with them? Mature for her age!!!! Just how mature can a little 5 yr old girl be for pity sake. This little girl should never have been given back to her birth mother. They didn't even know each other. I'll bet that little girl really was hungary when she said she was but ole LAZY just didn't want to fix her something to eat.

For some reason I doubt that Jennifer would be interested in going to a group like the two above.
Sometimes I wonder if she is even fazed by the murder of this beautiful little girl. I get the feeling that she resented having to check up on her and that this child was interfering in her new found freedom. Where was the gramma? Was she still living with them? Mature for her age!!!! Just how mature can a little 5 yr old girl be for pity sake. This little girl should never have been given back to her birth mother. They didn't even know each other. I'll bet that little girl really was hungary when she said she was but ole LAZY just didn't want to fix her something to eat.[/QUOTE]

Thank you for reminding us that these special services are available because like you said, they extend a life line for many whose lives have been shattered. As far as I know, JB and her daughter lived with SB in a 2-bedroom basement apartment before JB went to prison. Before JB left, SB gained and retained open custody of NB. Thirty-three months later, when JB was released from prison, SB allowed JB to move back in with her and NB probably out of a sense of obligation. JB does not IMO demonstrate an ability to communicate well with others and her life is in chaos. Personally I feel JB should have been released from prison to a half-way house where her integration back into family and community life would have been assessed and controlled and I am angry that she wasn't provided this essential help. After JB was released from jail in Jan 09, NB was attending school so NB would have had a daily routine to follow in order to be prepared for school everyday; however the day NB went missing was the first Sunday of NB's summer holidays and hence the school routine was no longer required and consequently JB let her do as she pleased and she lost track of her daughter. I find it odd that JB knew what NB was wearing the last time she saw her since JB had company and was not giving any personal or quality care to NB.

I wonder if LE has any idea who murdered this little girl? Did they find any evidence that would lead them to the killer? Are they waiting for any tests to come back? I keep thinking about her telling her little girlfriend that she had to go meet George...somewhere. I wonder if that was true and if it was the same day that she disappeared? Of course she would have gone anywhere with George...according to mom he was like her dad...can you even imagine!!

I wish there were charges tht LE could bring against Jennifer. She is the one that brought those perverts into her daughter's life. She is the one who didn't watch her daughter and just let her run....hungary!! I doubt they can arrest her for not watching her daughter and not feeding her when she was hungary but they should be able to charge her if it turns out to be one of those perverts that she allowed in her home that took the life of her daughter. I hope so anyway.

Anyone know where gramma was when the perverts were hanging out in her home and the little girl was doing as she pleased because no one cared?

Parents are all capable of making mistakes. I make them fequently. My parents made many of them as well. One mistake made by my parents was not believing me when I told them that a "family friend" was molesting me. I don't think they intended for me (or subsequently my sister, my bestfriend, my cousin, and God knows how many others) to get hurt, they were just living in denial. There had never been any prior charges against this man that we knew of, there was no indication, other than him being an all around jackarse, that he was capable of such disgusting acts, and I was a known lying teenager at the time that I decided to bring this info to light. Do I think that my parents were in denial? Yes. Do I think that they were negligent? Yes. Do I think that they acted criminally? No. Although I have forgiven my parents for their lack of action against this man, I will never forget, and I think that makes me a better parent to my own children.

Huge difference between my parents' actions and Nevaeh's mother's and grandmother's actions. Both knew that these men had criminal records including sexual offenses against minors. Both knew that these men had served time for said offenses. There is no claiming denial. Both are just as guilty for not standing up for Nevaeh. Were her mom and grandmother in denial? No, they knew exactly who these men were. Were they negligent? Yes, they knowingly put Nevaeh in harm's way. Did they act criminally? Yes, they intentionally allowed repeated contact with known sex offenders. They knowingly endangered the welfare of a child, which may have ultimately led to her death. IMO, they should be charged with neglect no matter who killed that sweet baby girl. If it turns out that one of the known SO killed her, then they should be charged with accessory or negligent homicide or whatever other charge that may apply.

I am sure that there are those who think that the mother and grandmother have suffered enough, but as a survivor of long term child molestation myself, I don't think that any punishment could cause them the same amount of life-long suffering that Nevaeh would have suffered had she survived.

As far as the father goes, he should never have walked away from his child. If he had fought for her the way a good father fights, he would have seen this coming and maybe could have saved his little girl. There is no good excuse to not see your children. Barring a serious criminal record or known child-abuse, most courts will not deny reasonable visitation. He could have been in her life if he really wanted to be; he chose not to fight for her. Just add him to the list of people who failed that precious little girl.

/rant

Parents are all capable of making mistakes. I make them fequently. My parents made many of them as well. One mistake made by my parents was not believing me when I told them that a "family friend" was molesting me. I don't think they intended for me (or subsequently my sister, my bestfriend, my cousin, and God knows how many others) to get hurt, they were just living in denial. There had never been any prior charges against this man that we knew of, there was no indication, other than him being an all around jackarse, that he was capable of such disgusting acts, and I was a known lying teenager at the time that I decided to bring this info to light. Do I think that my parents were in denial? Yes. Do I think that they were negligent? Yes. Do I think that they acted criminally? No. Although I have forgiven my parents for their lack of action against this man, I will never forget, and I think that makes me a better parent to my own children.

I am so sorry this happened!

My sons father was abducted in Minneapolis, MN a block away from his school when he was about 10 years old. The man who took him tried to hang him in a garage. He got away and went home and even had marks on his neck. His mom and brother did not do anything about it. My sons father is 45 now and he struggles. I see photos when he was young after what happened and you can tell in his eyes that he looks very very sad.

I don't understand not believing a child.

I am so sorry this happened!

My sons father was abducted in Minneapolis, MN a block away from his school when he was about 10 years old. The man who took him tried to hang him in a garage. He got away and went home and even had marks on his neck. His mom and brother did not do anything about it. My sons father is 45 now and he struggles. I see photos when he was young after what happened and you can tell in his eyes that he looks very very sad.

I don't understand not believing a child.

That had to have been extremely traumatizing for him, not just once, but a second time when he was not believed.

In hindsight I can understand why my parents didn't believe me, but I certainly didn't understand it then. I was on the fast track to trouble and was just plain unbelievable at the time. I lied about a lot of things, and whenever it suited my needs. When my little cousin came forward about 6 years later with an identical story, I think it really shook my mother to the core that I had been telling the truth. We fought to have him put away, but there just wasn't enough evidence and the statute of limitations somehow prevented my statement and my sisters statement from being used against him. He had alzheimers for the last 10 years of his life and an extended family member of mine continued to let him live in her house until just the last couple of years. To this day that family member still does not believe any of us. He finally died about a month ago.

I can just imagine the stories that Nevaeh could have told had she been given the chance to grow up. Poor baby girl. :( I can't even imagine what I would do to anyone who harmed my children. And I also can't imagine living with the guilt I would feel even if I wasn't in any way shape or form responsible.

I wonder if LE has any idea who murdered this little girl? Did they find any evidence that would lead them to the killer? Are they waiting for any tests to come back? I keep thinking about her telling her little girlfriend that she had to go meet George...somewhere. I wonder if that was true and if it was the same day that she disappeared? Of course she would have gone anywhere with George...according to mom he was like her dad...can you even imagine!!

I wish there were charges tht LE could bring against Jennifer. She is the one that brought those perverts into her daughter's life. She is the one who didn't watch her daughter and just let her run....hungary!! I doubt they can arrest her for not watching her daughter and not feeding her when she was hungary but they should be able to charge her if it turns out to be one of those perverts that she allowed in her home that took the life of her daughter. I hope so anyway.

Anyone know where gramma was when the perverts were hanging out in her home and the little girl was doing as she pleased because no one cared?
--------------
I really do not see any difference between Hayley Donathan's mother Candace and Nevaeh's mother Jennifer. Both mothers endangered their little girls by having them in close contact with a convicted sexual predator. I know that Candace helped Potter escape but she was also sought after because she had her little girl with her and Potter. What is the difference in what she did and what Nevaeh's mother did?:waitasec:

Jennifer probably had that dream because she knew where and how her daughter was buried. She wasn't her "everything" and if"everything I did I did for her" means the RSO then she should be horse whipped. She brought those horrible men into her home for her daughter??? This woman is so messed up it wouldn't surprise me at all. Any mother who says a RSO is a father figure to her little girl is really messed up. This woman lies so much it is hard to know what to believe. If she had any sense at all she wouldn't be blabbing those statements all over radio and TV. She should be overwhelmed with grief for bringing those perverts into her daughter's life. She should feel shame too. She doesn't though. I won't be a bit surprised to find out that she was somehow involved in the death of her daughter. Maybe not in the murder but helping to make it possible by letting these men use her little girl or something to that affect. Could have been leaving her daughter alone with them knowing their crimes while she went out or went shopping, etc. She couldn't have been bonded to her daughter and that makes all of the difference in the world.
-----------
Jennifer reminds me of Casey Anthony in a lot of ways. Rough around the edges and not of the same social circle but cold hearted and self centered, like Casey. I have not seen Jennifer even fake grief over Neveah's murder. Casey would at least stick her finger in her eye trying to incite at least a red eye and maybe a couple of tears. Jennifer acts as if her neighbor's cat died. This is a cold hearted woman and IMO the "dream" she had about Neveah is BS. I think she knows exactly how Neveah died.

That had to have been extremely traumatizing for him, not just once, but a second time when he was not believed.

In hindsight I can understand why my parents didn't believe me, but I certainly didn't understand it then. I was on the fast track to trouble and was just plain unbelievable at the time. I lied about a lot of things, and whenever it suited my needs. When my little cousin came forward about 6 years later with an identical story, I think it really shook my mother to the core that I had been telling the truth. We fought to have him put away, but there just wasn't enough evidence and the statute of limitations somehow prevented my statement and my sisters statement from being used against him. He had alzheimers for the last 10 years of his life and an extended family member of mine continued to let him live in her house until just the last couple of years. To this day that family member still does not believe any of us. He finally died about a month ago.

I can just imagine the stories that Nevaeh could have told had she been given the chance to grow up. Poor baby girl. :( I can't even imagine what I would do to anyone who harmed my children. And I also can't imagine living with the guilt I would feel even if I wasn't in any way shape or form responsible.

When no one believes you its like being victimized a 2nd time. Also a person can sometimes continue to be a victim. My sons father has also been jumped, beat up and robbed 4 times when walking around the city, but he still refuses to stop walking in bad neighborhoods- its almost a form of self hate.
I am sure that Nevaeh had no one on her side to listen and pay attention. Was there ongoing abuse before she was killed? who knows.
Something so awful should always be listened to regardless of a child's believability.

Yes, under these circumstances the killer knew the family well enough to make this conclusion. No, I haven't identified who the killer is and I am waiting like the rest of us for the forensic reports to be released on the evidence collected at Raisin River. If the killer's motive was to save JB from hopelessness, the fact NB's body was discovered wearing clothing and did not show signs of forced trauma and/or sexual assault support this theory. JB is under intense public scrutiny at the moment and she is experiencing a backlash of anger because in the community's eyes, she hasn't reformed and they don't feel safe with her there especially without no parole conditions. JB chose to engage in criminal behavior without considering how her actions would effect members of the community and they want answers from her before they will be willing to accept her back....but JB refuses to acknowledge and validate the community's concerns with her and she is possibly living in fear of what will happen next. She refuses to consider the pain she is causing others and perhaps someone in the community killed NB for this reason.
----------
You post as if you know JB personally. JB endangered Nevaeh by parading her under a sexual predator's nose. She is already guilty and has admitted to knowingly allowing these predators to hug and play and no telling what else with her little girl. She should be under intense public scrutiny right now. IMO, she should be back in jail.

Jennifer Buchanan needs to join her local chapter of The Compassionate Friends and be in the company of those who can truly help make a difference in her. This professional group will have the expertise and resources available to meet her high needs. During this extremely difficult time, she has done right by seperating herself from the mob and now she needs to either contact this Chapter for counselling services or read books on loss to help her heal. Her mother avoided this process by returning to work. I am glad JB found her daughter's service uplifting and that she was able to let her go in a blaze of glory!
==========
I think that JB let her daughter go way before the funeral service. What do you think the "Compassionate Friends" would think about JB after they find out that she paraded her little girl in front of sexual predators because she thought they needed a second chance? How would the "Compassionate Friends' feel about Nevaeh's "Father Figure"?

==========
I think that JB let her daughter go way before the funeral service. What do you think the "Compassionate Friends" would think about JB after they find out that she paraded her little girl in front of sexual predators because she thought they needed a second chance? How would the "Compassionate Friends' feel about Nevaeh's "Father Figure"?

Can it be proven that JB intended to harm or endanger her daughter's life when she brought GK into their lives? JB's motivation for introducing GK into their lives was to enrich Nevaeh's life not bring her harm. I question whether JB knowingly and purposely intended to harm NB. I do not think her intent was criminally motivated.

Can it be proven that JB intended to harm or endanger her daughter's life when she brought GK into their lives? JB's motivation for introducing GK into their lives was to enrich Nevaeh's life not bring her harm. I question whether JB knowingly and purposely intended to harm NB. I do not think her intent was criminally motivated.

It doesn't have to be proven that JB intended to endanger Nevaeh when she brought GK into her life. By very virtue of GK being an SO, she had to know the danger was there. I will never think otherwise.

----------------
I must admit your posts are beginning to make me nauseous. How on earth can you hope to "ENRICH" a little girl's life by allowing her to be involved with a felony sex predator? This is really sick to even think that someone could define "enrichment" as being exposed to sexual predators. And by the way, I never accept ignorance or stupidity as excuses for "not knowing" that your child is being placed in a risky environment. I doubt that JB even loved her daughter. She hasn't been a mother to her and most probably resented her existence and hated having to even take care of her so that the GM could work. JB is despicable and a poor excuse for a human being. I strongly suspect that she is heavily involved with Neveah's death. IMO, she did the deed and one of her SO friends helped dispose of her body afterwards. Until further evidence comes forward, that is what I believe.

----------------
I must admit your posts are beginning to make me nauseous. How on earth can you hope to "ENRICH" a little girl's life by allowing her to be involved with a felony sex predator? This is really sick to even think that someone could define "enrichment" as being exposed to sexual predators. And by the way, I never accept ignorance or stupidity as excuses for "not knowing" that your child is being placed in a risky environment. I doubt that JB even loved her daughter. She hasn't been a mother to her and most probably resented her existence and hated having to even take care of her so that the GM could work. JB is despicable and a poor excuse for a human being. I strongly suspect that she is heavily involved with Neveah's death. IMO, she did the deed and one of her SO friends helped dispose of her body afterwards. Until further evidence comes forward, that is what I believe.

BBM
This is what I believe also, lonetraveler.

It doesn't have to be proven that JB intended to endanger Nevaeh when she brought GK into her life. By very virtue of GK being an SO, she had to know the danger was there. I will never think otherwise.

IMO JB suffers from many mental disorders and that's why I don't think she is responsible for her decisions at this point in time. I think she should be in a psychiatric hospital receiving treatment.

Have we heard JB's response to the autopsy report? I just want to hear her say she was WRONG and that it IS dangerous to let your child hang out with registered sex offenders!!!

Have we heard JB's response to the autopsy report? I just want to hear her say she was WRONG and that it IS dangerous to let your child hang out with registered sex offenders!!!

Hi Kimster ~

In this case, I'd say a pictures worth a thousand words. Based on the most recent photo (take that back...it's a file photo) of JB, I'd say she's doing a little soul searching. How ever this turns out, I wouldn't want to be in her shoes for all the money in the world.

http://www.freep.com/article/20090715/NEWS05/90715030/1001/NEWS

Bolded by me.

Is this a joke?

If you want to enrich your kid's life you put them in music class, read them a book, spend time with them, play with them, take them to a museum etc. You don't introduce them to sex offenders.

Please explain to me how letting known offenders around a little girl is enriching. I would love to hear the reasoning behind this one. :rolleyes:

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Soccergirl500
Back