Jesse Leroy Matthew Jr - Plea Agreement Hearing - March 2, 2016

I'm so glad that Hannah and Morgans parents won't have to go through a trial.
This strikes me as being the one thing approaching decent JLM has ever done.
Good riddance to bad rubbish.
I suppose ... but then part of me thinks he just wanted to avoid the death penalty. But yours is a much better way of looking at it! Perhaps there is the tiniest bit of decency in JM.

Mike Murillo ‏@MikeMurilloWTOP 2m2 minutes ago Charlottesville, VA
Sue Graham tells court that daughter was dumped like a bag of trash to be picked up by buzzards. #wtop from @AugensteinWTOP

Mike Murillo ‏@MikeMurilloWTOP 4m4 minutes ago Charlottesville, VA
#JesseMatthew made no statement to the judge and was sentenced. #wtop
Well, I take that back. No expression of remorse in court from JM? Ugh.

Mike Murillo ‏@MikeMurilloWTOP 3m3 minutes ago Charlottesville, VA
2 counts of murder and 2 counts of abduction with intent to defile. #wtop

Mike Murillo ‏@MikeMurilloWTOP 4m4 minutes ago Charlottesville, VA
#JesseMatthew was sentenced to 4 consecutive life sentences in Prison. #wtop

No capital murder charges for #JesseMatthew as a condition of the plea agreement. #WTOP

My thoughts and support to the Graham and Harrington families. I can only imagine what it was like to give their victim impact statements in court today.

I suppose ... but then part of me thinks he just wanted to avoid the death penalty. But yours is a much better way of looking at it! Perhaps there is the tiniest bit of decency in JM.

That is more likely. Personally, I find the idea of being imprisoned for life worse than the death penalty, so my way of looking at it is colored by that.
Either way, he is saving taxpayers a load of money, especially with death on the table, and spares the families the pain of sitting in the same room with him everyday while the details of their girls deaths are gone over with a fine tooth comb. Even if it's decency by proxy, I'll take it.

That is more likely. Personally, I find the idea of being imprisoned for life worse than the death penalty, so my way of looking at it is colored by that.
Either way, he is saving taxpayers a load of money, especially with death on the table, and spares the families the pain of sitting in the same room with him everyday while the details of their girls deaths are gone over with a fine tooth comb. Even if it's decency by proxy, I'll take it.
Decency by proxy ... love it!

Yes, I think this was the best outcome for all. Bless those two families. I cannot even begin to imagine all they have been through. But this creep will never hurt another girl.

Well, I take that back. No expression of remorse in court from JM? Ugh.

He is a predator and a murderer and he is absolutely not sorry.
Reading that tweet made me mad at first. But I'd rather he sit down and shut up than hear him talk about how sorry he is when we know darn good and well he ain't.
I'm glad the families were spared his lies.

(I'm sticking to the bright side today!)

People exchanging hugs with Hannah's and Morgan's families. They leave.

A reverend is speaking on behalf of Jesse's family.

Oh my goodness.

Hannah's dad: "she changed the world ... but at a terrible price" (speaking of Hannah putting JM away for good)

So heartbreaking, Mr Graham saying that Hannah did change the world but at a horrible price to pay...

Jesse's defense attorney talking now. Attorney says Jesse decided on his own to make a plea deal so the families could move forward to grieve and heal.

I wonder if his family convinced him that this was the right thing to do.

I don't believe he is at all sorry or thinking of the families. He's had over a decade, including RG, to help these families to move on. This is another lie.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
LitWiz
Back