Jeung/Lish

I emailed Maureen O'Hagan, the Seattle Times reporter, to ask if anyone from LE ever contacted Jeung and if not, why. I'll let you know if she replies. Not holding my breath!

Now I feel bad for saying I wouldn't hold my breath; she was very gracious!
Regarding whether or not LE contacted Kathleen Jeung, she said she didn't know if they did or not.

She also answered a question of mine regarding the lock box and whether it not it contained other documents. I'll post that info in the thread for the note page.

(Also posted in the other thread:)

Does she mean that her given name is Il Seuk and she changed it to Kathleen?

Her legal name that she never uses is Kathleen; everyone knows her as Kathy. That's how I'm reading this, anyway.

In(g) Seuk is a different person. There's not much information on them (in English anyway), so I'm wondering if maybe they only lived in the US for a short time.

I think Lori must've called 411 asking for a listing for Jeung in Hollywood and the operator gave her both names. The question is why she was searching for a Jeung in the first place.

If you google the phone number she wrote for the hollywood police you will see this link https://www.google.com/url?sa=t&rct...30p0TYYrPrcu-R0k0DZzfhQ&bvm=bv.50165853,d.eWU

Whoever found the link the first time only mentioned that the number was for a detective named Martinez. However the number is provided twice in the document. Kimberly Cypert also is listed by that number. The program they worked with was to keep kids out of gangs and it started in 1992. Kim was born in 1963 and is now a homocide detective for the LAPD. It probably means nothing but it would be interesting to know if anything about Lori would be familiar to her. If Lori needed to contact someone in LE a young woman close to her own age would be the least threatening option. Its just interesting if you think of the reasons why she would have that number written down and why she would want to contact the LAPD.

Was pinterest even a thing when she was alive? Lets tread carefully here. Also the Top Beat Records or wwhatever is categorized as a title abstract company. That would mean they search public records like deeds mortgages etc. Possibly divorce probate wills and such. It has nothing to do with music records. If they had that phone number in 1988 then this is interesting indeed. If not its an interesting coincidence but a dead end.

Has anyone seen photos of a "Devyn Lish"? She has many of LEK's features, especially the nose. Curiously, she is an aspiring model, lives outside of Boise, ID, attending a college for design and she is a vegetarian. On one website, she states she is 5'9', brown hair, hazel eyes. Her build is much like LEKs as well. Please google the name. She also has a Facebook page.

The name Catherine D'Lish (the famous burlesque performer originally from Seattle, Washington) came up in this forum in July 2013 (first mentioned in post #13).

I found this interview with the burlesque performer (warning: slightly racy -- burlesque-style -- images), in which she discusses how she started stripping as a teenager (presumably in Seattle in the mid-1980s):

http://www.appletonpinupgirl.com/2013/03/interview-with-us-burlesque-performer.html

Catherine D'Lish seems to have come on the LA scene in the early 1990s. If she was stripping in Seattle just before that, in the mid- to late 1980s, she may have encountered the "Lacey" who went missing from the Seattle gentleman's club scene around 1988 -- and/or the woman who would later become FLEK. Her interview gives insight, anyway, to one of the opportunities that would have been available to a runaway, a foster child, or any young woman looking to make money in the Seattle area at the time.

I came across the interview as I was trying to learn D'Lish's name. She evades the question, I think, of how she got her name in the interview -- but I'd been wondering whether her name might, in fact, just be "Catherine (or Cathleen) Lish" -- "Lish" appears to be a common enough name in the Seattle/Tacoma, Washington, area -- maybe what's funny (to her) about her name is that it's a play on her real last name -- i.e., the double entendre "of Lish" and "tasty." Maybe FLEK got to LA and was trying to look up an old acquaintance -- or a contact given her by a mutual friend -- Catherine (d') Lish, from her stripping days in Seattle.

Are there a PA connections to LEK? The number on the note scrawled next to library corresponds to a library in Tredyffrin Public Library in Strafford, PA. The number under "These Eyes" corresponds to King House (an Asian take-out food place), located in the same area code as the library number (610), but in Ridge Pike, PA.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Zerofoxgiven
Back