Jewelry

I was talking with my grandma and she said she owns a ring that she got from Minnesota that looks just like Jane Does 3rd, I’ll see if I can get a photo of it.

If it is the same maybe it has a hallmark.

I took my SO to a jewelry store today to buy her something for her birthday. I was looking at a collection of jewelry from an estate, and this pair of earrings and a ring caught my eye. Similar though not exact.

Attachments

• AD2572AB-493E-4083-81A9-7FD97784AF70.jpeg
    AD2572AB-493E-4083-81A9-7FD97784AF70.jpeg
    87.4 KB · Views: 24
I was thinking about “Jock” Doe’s ring, and I think the JPF may be a manufacturer’s mark instead of a monogram, especially if it is inside the ring. From what I understood, the JPF marking is inside. A monogram is often - but not always - on the outside of a ring, where people can see it. A maker’s mark is inside. The JPF mark, if it’s the maker, may be traceable if it’s a North American manufacturer. The maker may be a company that made less expensive or costume jewelry, because jewelry with synthetic sapphires and rubies was inexpensive in the 70’s. A synthetic stone in a gold setting would have been far cheaper than today, because gold prices only started to rise after 1971 in the US, and did not come close to pricing in the last decade. If the ring was a few years old, it might have cost less than $150.00 in the late 60’s or early 70’s. A look in a jewelry collectors handbook might show a JPF.

I was thinking about “Jock” Doe’s ring, and I think the JPF may be a manufacturer’s mark instead of a monogram, especially if it is inside the ring. From what I understood, the JPF marking is inside. A monogram is often - but not always - on the outside of a ring, where people can see it. A maker’s mark is inside. The JPF mark, if it’s the maker, may be traceable if it’s a North American manufacturer. The maker may be a company that made less expensive or costume jewelry, because jewelry with synthetic sapphires and rubies was inexpensive in the 70’s. A synthetic stone in a gold setting would have been far cheaper than today, because gold prices only started to rise after 1971 in the US, and did not come close to pricing in the last decade. If the ring was a few years old, it might have cost less than $150.00 in the late 60’s or early 70’s. A look in a jewelry collectors handbook might show a JPF.

If you have a ring with feathers and peyote flower that's older it's usually navajo... zuni work is usually inlaid stones turquiose, red coral,mother of pearl and onyx are their main stones used...if someone can link me a pic of the rings I can tell you from the pic ...also working on the Mark's now they are most likely the artist or family that made the ring...I do jewelry and COINS...vintage,antique and collectables at shows,expos, outdoor fleas.

If you have a ring with feathers and peyote flower that's older it's usually navajo... zuni work is usually inlaid stones turquiose, red coral,mother of pearl and onyx are their main stones used...if someone can link me a pic of the rings I can tell you from the pic ...also working on the Mark's now they are most likely the artist or family that made the ring...I do jewelry and COINS...vintage,antique and collectables at shows,expos, outdoor fleas.

The ring I’m referring to was worn by the unidentified male victim, and is a simple gold ring likely made in a factory, with a single synthetic stone. That ring has a JPF marking that some interpret as a monogram. I think it’s a maker’s mark. Many years ago, I worked for a jewelry manufacturer in the Northeastern US, and the ring looks like a commonly produced item of the time period. If the manufacturer can be identified, perhaps it can help to narrow the possibilities of where it was purchased.

The unidentified female victim was wearing Native American style rings, with silver and semi-precious stones. I was not referring to those rings. I claim no special knowledge of that kind of jewelry.

Last edited:
The ring I’m referring to was worn by the unidentified male victim, and is a simple gold ring likely made in a factory, with a single synthetic stone. That ring has a JPF marking that some interpret as a monogram. I think it’s a maker’s mark. Many years ago, I worked for a jewelry manufacturer in the Northeastern US, and the ring looks like a commonly produced item of the time period. If the manufacturer can be identified, perhaps it can help to narrow the possibilities of where it was purchased.

The unidentified female victim was wearing Native American style rings, with silver and semi-precious stones. I was not referring to those rings. I claim no special knowledge of that kind of jewelry.
Is the male ring also handcrafted? If it is JPF is the artist and if old enough it is considered old pawn...vintage or older...the pic links are red x out so I can't see the ring pics .o am looking now for other links to the pictures.
I have a couple people I can send pics to if I can't locate an artist for them myself.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Soccergirl500
Back