Jim Carrey's girlfriend found dead of apparent suicide

When I read about this I understood why he is suing. That's a really crappy thing that Carey did, especially getting drugs under different names. I have no doubt he gave them to her and then realized he was in trouble and tried to cover it up. It's especially telling that he said he paid for her funeral but didn't.

The estranged husband, who was living in Oregon at the time of her death, is a $cientologist. This is undoubtedly a money grab attempt. And ironically, even if the guy gets money out of this, he'll never get to keep any of it. The "church" will take it all from him.

As for Jim Carey and his prescriptions being in a different name, it seems many of the Hollywood stars do this. It can be perfectly legal to use an alias in lots of situations. I do not know the California laws about this, but think it is doubtful that any DA is ever going to prosecute Carey for this.

The Cherch of $cientology does not like Jim Carey. Because they tried to recruit him and he did not join. And he has made derogatory public statements about them during interviews.

Not sure how I feel about this. She and her husband weren't together anymore, so I don't think it's right that he should financially benefit from any suit, regardless of how far their divorce or separation proceedings had progressed. As for Jim Carey, aside from this issue, he deserves all of the derision in the world for propagating anti-vax propaganda. That's dangerous, and unforgivable.

Not sure how I feel about this. She and her husband weren't together anymore, so I don't think it's right that he should financially benefit from any suit, regardless of how far their divorce or separation proceedings had progressed. As for Jim Carey, aside from this issue, he deserves all of the derision in the world for propagating anti-vax propaganda. That's dangerous, and unforgivable.

It's an opinion. And an increasingly popular one at that. Some would say injecting toxic substances into their toddlers is also dangerous and unforgivable.
JMO

It's an opinion. And an increasingly popular one at that. Some would say injecting toxic substances into their toddlers is also dangerous and unforgivable.
JMO

Well, sure. You're always going to have those who don't understand, or deny science due to ignorance, paranoia, conspiracy theory etc. But, negligence due to ignorance is still negligence. It's just a shame he has such a visible platform from which to sell his snake oil. It makes most rational people question the veracity of anything else he might have to say. Anyway, it's a very sad situation all the way around. I just don't think her ex should be able to profit if in fact Carey does wind up with financial penalties.

Oh my, at this link below is a letter CW wrote to JC & it's heartbreaking. Also some texts that show JC in a very negative light, IMO he comes off as very selfish and uncaring. He was pushing her away and she's clearly hurt. So sad.

"Jim Carrey’s late girlfriend Cathriona White was ‘degraded’ and ‘called a *advertiser censored*’ after she confronted actor about STDs: letter"

http://www.nydailynews.com/entertai...d-degraded-std-claim-letter-article-1.2803036

Oh my, at this link below is a letter CW wrote to JC & it's heartbreaking. Also some texts that show JC in a very negative light, IMO he comes off as very selfish and uncaring. He was pushing her away and she's clearly hurt. So sad.

"Jim Carrey’s late girlfriend Cathriona White was ‘degraded’ and ‘called a *advertiser censored*’ after she confronted actor about STDs: letter"

http://www.nydailynews.com/entertai...d-degraded-std-claim-letter-article-1.2803036

With all due respect, lots of people have experienced bad break ups. Fortunately, it rarely results in suicide, but I have known 2 people, one a childhood friend that was, literally, like a brother to me, that have killed themselves over this. It is a tragic waste and seems ludicrous to most of us. But, the idea of blaming someone else for the choices of an adult. Sorry, just can't go there.\

That said with the caveat that I think JC is a jerk and I also think what he and that bimbo Jennie McCarthy did with the anti vax nonsense is reprehensible. I really have no sympathy for him as person, but I still think this suit is just a money grab and I hope it is thrown out.

In reading this article, the estranged husband claims that Catriona White had been "tested for STDs" just prior to the time she began dating Jim Carrey, thus she had to have contracted these STDs from Carrey.

My question would be WHY was this woman being tested for STDs prior to her relationship with Carrey? Just for the fun of it, or did she think she had something then?

I have no respect for Jim Carrey's views on vaccination. But I do have respect for him if he stands up to these money-grubbing people who are obviously attempting to cash in on the unfortunate death of an obviously disturbed woman.

And it never ceases to amaze me how lawyers can get away with slandering people within a lawsuit and never have to pay any price for doing so.

IMO he looks awful!
I hope that he is still around when this goes to trial. Some of the statements he has made lately make me think that he is in a really bad place right now.

I don't even know what to say about the STD's. Why 3?
Many are treatable if not curable. I find this hard to believe. I didn’t know that an STD panel was run at autopsy, perhaps it was requested by the family?

This feels like a very slippery slope!

MOO

MOO

This leaves a bad taste in my mouth. There are many media stories about this young woman's suicide and her relationship with Carrey and her husband. I feel for her, for her family, for Mr Carrey, but not so much for her legal husband at the time of her suicide.

I may be naive but if her boyfriend had given/supplied her illegal drugs, LE would have been all over that?
She could have easily taken the pills without displaying the name on the bottles. IMO she wanted everyone to know where/who they came from.

MOO

No winners in this one.

I do wonder if Catriano came to believe her claims that he gave her STDs (I'm of course assuming she already had them or she wouldn't need the forged test results), and it accelerated her other issues. I've seen similar happen to people who carry shame and doubt. Still, how ugly to discover that someone you were intimate with over long periods of time would do this.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
butiwantedthatname
Back