JLM Charged in Morgan Harrington murder

Jesse Matthew, convicted of killing two Virginia college students, has stage 4 cancer

News of Matthew’s transfer came as a surprise to Gil Harrington, whose daughter was abducted and murdered by Matthew in October 2009.

She was alerted Tuesday morning of his illness and transfer.

“He doesn’t loom big in my mind,” Harrington said. “He is contained and our mission is to help save the next girl, so I take comfort however this plays out. This is justice and perhaps karma.”

From the same article:

During the phone interview with CBS 6, Matthew was evasive when asked if he was sorry for the crimes he had committed.

“I don’t think I can answer that question right now truthfully,” Matthew said. “Maybe in another interview.”

From the same article:

During the phone interview with CBS 6, Matthew was evasive when asked if he was sorry for the crimes he had committed.

“I don’t think I can answer that question right now truthfully,” Matthew said. “Maybe in another interview.”

Yes, I think that was a strange answer. It's almost like he is a narcissist and wants to make a confession at a later time if attention is kept on him. Very strange.

Scroll up thread, stage 4 colon cancer.

ETA, sorry I was being lazy. Here is the link

Jesse Matthew, convicted of killing two Virginia college students, has stage 4 cancer

He wouldn’t provide any additional details, but Harrington says that officials have informed her that Matthew has stage four colon cancer, meaning the disease has spread to distant parts of the body.

Thanks. I hope his treatment is miserable if he's getting chemo and radiation. If he's taking the easy way out of prison with no treatment then I hope his decline suits his crimes.

Colon cancer is one cancer where I have no personal experience with to be able to say treatment or death would be horrible. Hopefully someone else has experience with it

Morgan Harrington disappearance was the first trial I followed. Her parents suffered so not knowing if she was alive or dead.
Finding her body on that farm. Burying her. Searching for who killed her.
A very sad case about a wonderful family.

Morgan Harrington disappearance was the first trial I followed. Her parents suffered so not knowing if she was alive or dead.
Finding her body on that farm. Burying her. Searching for who killed her.
A very sad case about a wonderful family.
First case I followed here as well.

I’m trying to bring the following post over from @Doghairrules over from the “plea agreement” thread (hope you don’t mind Doghair!). Not sure if I’m allowed to bring over a post from another thread (?), so mods please advise.

I listened to the podcast yesterday after Doghair posted and found it interesting, mainly because it had been so long since I’d mentally revisited the case. Not a lot new but I actually did hear a couple of things I’d not heard before.

It sounds like they will come out with a second podcast next week that explores potential JLM connections to other crimes.

I wasn’t sure what thread to post this on, but this one looks like it has the most recent postings. There is a new podcast Episode out about JLM on The Murder Squad. Looks like they are trying to crowd source other crimes he may have committed, especially between the college assault accusations and Morgan’s murder. Morgan’s mom is on there as well.

‎Jensen and Holes: The Murder Squad: Jesse Matthew, Serial Predator/Serial Killer on Apple Podcasts

First case I followed here as well.

I’m trying to bring the following post over from @Doghairrules over from the “plea agreement” thread (hope you don’t mind Doghair!). Not sure if I’m allowed to bring over a post from another thread (?), so mods please advise.

I listened to the podcast yesterday after Doghair posted and found it interesting, mainly because it had been so long since I’d mentally revisited the case. Not a lot new but I actually did hear a couple of things I’d not heard before.

It sounds like they will come out with a second podcast next week that explores potential JLM connections to other crimes.

Another podcast done by the reporter is going to talk to one of JLM’s ex girlfriends. That podcast is called first degree, i think.

thanks for moving this over!

Another podcast done by the reporter is going to talk to one of JLM’s ex girlfriends. That podcast is called first degree, i think.

thanks for moving this over!

Oh thanks- I’d love to listen to that one too. I can’t seem to find it because I’m admittedly not great at navigating Podcasts... Is there a link or maybe a specific way I should search? I looked for Jensen and Holes first degree” and didn’t find it.

Oh thanks- I’d love to listen to that one too. I can’t seem to find it because I’m admittedly not great at navigating Podcasts... Is there a link or maybe a specific way I should search? I looked for Jensen and Holes first degree” and didn’t find it.

If you have an Android phone, go to Google playstore and download the app "Google podcasts". Then you can search And subscribe and download if you want to listen to it while you are offline, it is so easy to keep track of everything. There is a thread here on this forum of favorite crime podcast channels. I'll be right back to edit this and post the link.

Looking for podcast recommendations

Here you go. Some interesting background of JLM, as well as some theories about if and why he changed. I haven't finished it yet.

PodcastOne: Jesse "LJ" Matthew

Part of me wonders why we are treating him?

As far as I know he's still alive.

https://www.wtvr.com/news/local-new...om-sussex-i-state-prison-to-richmond-hospital

updated Dec 12, 2020

"Jesse Leroy Matthew Jr., the man responsible for murdering Virginia Tech student Morgan Harrington and University of Virginia student Hannah Graham, has been moved from Sussex I State Prison to a hospital in Richmond.

Gil Harrington, whose daughter was abducted and murdered by Matthew in October 2009, was alerted Saturday afternoon by corrections officials that Matthew was moved from the prison to "MCV Hospital Security Care and remains in the custody and control of the Virginia Department of Corrections."

"We are not sure exactly why he was transferred from the maximum security prison," reporter Laura French said in a Facebook update Saturday evening. "He does remain in the custody of the Virginia Department of Corrections, so they have a very secure area within the hospital where he is getting care."

Right now, about 650 people are missing in Virginia and more than half are children

“Missing is tough. For the families, they’re straddling the great divide,” explains Jill Harrington. “They’re trying to maintain hope, but at the same time they’re bracing for the most devastating news.”

Harrington is the founder of Help Save the Next Girl, an organization dedicated to serving missing persons and their families. She is also the mother of Virginia Tech student Morgan Harrington who vanished during a Metallica concert in Charlottesville at UVA on Oct. 17, 2009. Her body was located in a field three months later.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Zerofoxgiven
Back