JLM: Morgan Harrington/Fairfax Rape Victim - *Forensic Link* to MH #2

Status
Not open for further replies.
Was JM employed as a taxi driver in 2013? Seems likely this could have been him:
http://wtvr.com/2013/02/20/morgan-harringtons-family-urges-student-to-go-to-cops/

Wow! I hadn't heard of this incident. I wonder if the young lady recognized her assailant when she saw JM's photos?

I've always been hesitant to get into a taxi. To me, it went against all I had been taught as a young girl--Never get into a car with a stranger. I sure don't know the taxi drivers--so in my mind, they qualified as strangers.

When I have had to get into a taxi--hubby has always been with me. Once, when hubby was highly intoxicated, I begged him to try to at least "Look" somewhat aware of our surroundings. :shame: Thankfully, we made it home safely that night.

With the quick step LE has been doing since they saw the man in the dreds on video...and how quickly the FBI came in to help... this looks more and more like LE actually HIGHLY SUSPECTED that JM was the culprit in the MH murder since he was a taxi driver, he looked like skdetch, he worked the night of her disappearance and, no doubt, the girl that complained that she was almost abducted in 2010, probably gave the same descrpition.. BUT maybe LE did not have enough evidence to charge him with a felony (thus, correct me if I am wrong), get a sample of his DNA to rule in or rule out the Fairfax rape and MH murders. In hindsite, it sure looks like LE thought it was JM and when he was involved in HG disapearance, they all snapped into action because they knew they had their man!

Also, I recently watched the Disappeared episode about MH and they talked about her being seen on the bridge hitchhiking (possibly) and I thought a van or taxi was mentioned. However, Discovery Channel pulled all their programming from Netflix a few days ago so I can't watch it again to double check. I'll see if I can find the episode on YouTube.

I watched the episode last weekend, paying particular attention to what the last sightings they gave on her were. They only said 2 people said they saw her hitchhiking on the bridge - that was the last sighting info mentioned on the show.

I don't know if its ever been said by officials that she was getting into a van or taxi, I think those are just persistent rumors (most likely based on the truth).

I watched the episode last weekend, paying particular attention to what the last sightings they gave on her were. They only said 2 people said they saw her hitchhiking on the bridge - that was the last sighting info mentioned on the show.

I don't know if its ever been said by officials that she was getting into a van or taxi, I think those are just persistent rumors (most likely based on the truth).

This morning on Good Morning American, they mentioned that she was seen getting into a taxi. Whether or not that has actually been released by officials, I'm not sure. But, that is what they reported.

It would seem that if LE had released the information that MH was seen getting into a cab, there would have been a lot more scrutinizing of the activities of the 20 cab drivers who were on duty that night. If people would have known that information, they may have had heightened awareness of related activities.

I don't think LE or anyone else ever said in 2009 for certain that Morgan was seen entering a cab the night she disappeared. Not once since she went missing has it ever been said definitively that she WAS SEEN entering a cab. All of that came about after JM was linked to her murder.

We already have seen how Longo works. If that was remotely true at the time he would have come out and let the public know that along with photos of typical cabs in the area at that time and so would the Va-State police.

Imo, what Carter is doing is searching for his 15 minutes of fame. If LE suspected a cab driver at the time the last person they would tell would be a cab driver (who would have been seen as a potential suspect at the time himself.)

Imo, the investigation into the cab service during the time Morgan went missing is happening now. They are going back to where JM worked to see if he was on duty. They NOW know he was driving a cab when Morgan was abducted. At the time she disappeared they did not know that, imo.

The police have no reason to lie and they have refuted they interviewed JM back then and I believe them. They were trying very hard to solve Morgan's case and would have let it be known they knew for certain that she was seen by an eye witness entering a cab that night. No one has ever said in all these years that she was seen when abducted or even seen entering a vehicle. Imo, there is no eye witness to her entering a cab and at that time LE had no idea who had taken Morgan, imo.

And they said there are about 75 cab drivers in this area.

Of course now that LE knows for certain who took her.........then yes, they are interviewing anyone who may have seen JM that night while on duty.

I believe what Carter has said is either being taken out of context and he never said it was in 2009 that JM was interviewed or he is putting two and two together now that he knows JM was on duty that night and is now tied to Morgan's murder.

What I firmly do not believe is anyone saw her getting into a vehicle much less a cab.

JMO

This morning on Good Morning American, they mentioned that she was seen getting into a taxi. Whether or not that has actually been released by officials, I'm not sure. But, that is what they reported.

That appears to be grossly negligent reporting. During the time frame of Morgan going missing, there is no reference (that I can find, or remember reading/hearing) that Morgan was seen getting into a cab. It was however widely reported that tracking dogs lost her scent on Copley Bridge, therefore, investigators surmised that she must have gotten into a vehicle. After JM was identified as a POI in HG's case and the subsequent forensic link to MH, once it was revealed that Matthew was a taxi driver, many of us speculated that it would have made sense for MH to get into a cab - what safer way home when you're stranded without a vehicle with no one to call?

The Va-State Police acknowledged that? Who said she was seen getting into a taxi?

thanks in advance

That appears to be grossly negligent reporting. During the time frame of Morgan going missing, there is no reference (that I can find, or remember reading/hearing) that Morgan was seen getting into a cab. It was however widely reported that tracking dogs lost her scent on Copley Bridge, therefore, investigators surmised that she must have gotten into a vehicle. After JM was identified as a POI in HG's case and the subsequent forensic link to MH, once it was revealed that Matthew was a taxi driver, many of us speculated that it would have made sense for MH to get into a cab - what safer way home when you're stranded without a vehicle with no one to call?

Thank you.

Sadly no one knew back then that she entered JMs cab or any cab for that matter. If that had really been true it wouldn't have taken five years to find out who kidnapped and murdered her. Yes, they lost her scent and knew she must have been picked up by someone but they had no clue or eye witness seeing this happen. imo

IMO

If JM owned the cab, is that why he had a D/B/A set up in 2010 at the Ponderosa Trail address?
I've seen mention that he was an independent contractor when he worked at the cab co. in Charlottesville. If this is the case, then yes, that would explain the d/b/a name. In Virginia, a sole proprietorship is not required to register at the state level, only locally (city/county). The d/b/a name is a one-time thing. He would have also needed a business license in Albemarle County or the City of Charlottesville, records from those may still be on file. It might be helpful to know how long his "company" was licensed. It seems he may have worked for more than one cab company during the time he was working as a cab driver, and may have even continued to operate independently after being employed with one of the companies. At issue would be the state for-hire transportation license, which requires a surety bond and minimum thresholds of insurance coverage. I'm assuming the company would have held those items, and JM could benefit from them while he worked there. Once he left work at a larger company, he would have had to obtain those things on his own in his "company's" name, or he would not have been licensed to be a for-hire transportation company.

Wow! I hadn't heard of this incident. I wonder if the young lady recognized her assailant when she saw JM's photos?

I've always been hesitant to get into a taxi. To me, it went against all I had been taught as a young girl--Never get into a car with a stranger. I sure don't know the taxi drivers--so in my mind, they qualified as strangers.

When I have had to get into a taxi--hubby has always been with me. Once, when hubby was highly intoxicated, I begged him to try to at least "Look" somewhat aware of our surroundings. :shame: Thankfully, we made it home safely that night.

I found this story yesterday too, and in another thread they posted that it was NOT JM. It was a man of Indian descent with a thick accent. Sorry I can't link to it, but it's on here. :)

Do we know if tracking dogs have been use to try and trace Hannah?

What I firmly do not believe is anyone saw her getting into a vehicle much less a cab.

JMO

I had watched the MH case very closely and totally agree with your review of the facts. At NO time was it ever mentioned she was seen getting into a cab. There was a father and daughter who saw her when the father was dropping his daughter off, but when the father came back over the bridge on return she was GONE.

Some have even mentioned that they feel the actual assault took place in the JPJA parking lot where her handbag was found. and JPJA choice to use the Bridge as to remove any liability for their refusal to allow her back in. I would hopr they are checking the presence of a cab that entire night--anywhere near JPJA to cover these basis.

So as it stands now They have found the car/cab. They did not interview JM in 2009.

Still not clear on this:
Did they interview cabbies in 2009?..and is the story about his co-workers thinking JM looked like Sketch?
Was anything found in the cab to link him to the MH case?

....and if this is posted in the wrong forum , forgive me. I am sooo confused.

Thanks

I don't know if that's where they found the van. I'm asking what you all think that object looks like. I was using Google Maps to see if I could see where he'd hidden the van, which might tell us something about the tricks he uses to hide things and/or the way his mind works.

I can't get a detailed view of it from my phone, but.if I had.to guess, I would say it looks like a little trailer or a structure. Hunting lodge type thing? But its not very far off the road...what do you think it looks like?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Adrian33