JLM: Other Possible Victims - #2

Has Anyone seen this?
This is the first time for me seeing this story. I wonder if JLM Jr saw it.

Service for Remembering Samantha Clarke was held September 13th, 2014 at an area Park.
http://www.nbc29.com/story/26526128/...-disappearance
Look at comment number 6. It was made before anyone reported Hannah Graham missing. This event was publicized and sponsored by CUE. AM's aunt was present at the event.

Hannah Graham was not reported missing until Sept 14th. That is Something!

I think they are talking about Marijuana, and it would not be surprising in the least.

Remember, too, JM's priorities in life. I'm still taken that he didn't touch his dreads while trying to escape the rest of his life in Prison. I'm certain that his women-kidnapping and the activities that went with it were what he was living for, it was the hightlight of his life. Where the dreads part of his persona that he believed allowed him to meet and take the girls?

Put girls at ease that he wasn't an undercover cop, too.

moo

Hannah Graham was not reported missing until Sept 14th. That is Something!

I think they are talking about Marijuana, and it would not be surprising in the least.

Remember, too, JM's priorities in life. I'm still taken that he didn't touch his dreads while trying to escape the rest of his life in Prison. I'm certain that his women-kidnapping and the activities that went with it were what he was living for, it was the hightlight of his life. Where the dreads part of his persona that he believed allowed him to meet and take the girls?

Put girls at ease that he wasn't an undercover cop, too.

moo

I hear your MOO and MOO in the same tune.

From a previous thread..."
When Morgan's mother saw the condition of her daughter's remains, there was a measure of relief in realizing what law enforcement suspected: She hadn't lived long after being abducted.~~~~~~~~~~~~

This makes me wonder why LE is stating they believe that HG may still be alive."

Under no circumstances does anyone think she's still alive. I think everyone knows what this guy is capable of and what probably happened. If anything, they are trying to stay positive and at this point, the whole find Hannah" thing is for evidence, closure and out of respect for the family. I don't think it is false hope but for people so desperate, even a one in a million chance is something to hope for. Regardless, I don't think anyone "thinks" she's alive, certainly not LE...but no fault in hoping.

Having once worked in a College Athletics office of a well known University, I can tell you that someone likely persuaded her to "let it go." I feel the same about LU, too. IMO. Those two schools do/did not rank up there with the big area universities. CNU was very new to the competitive athletic scene and was probably doing everything in their power to build and develop their athletics programs as a source of revenue and pride for the University. No way that back in 2003 the Administration wanted that kind of publicity.

And, in my opinion, even if they didn't push her to let it go, they probably at minimum didn't give that supportive vibe of "Let's get him so it doesn't happen to anyone else." Victims of rape usually need a hand to hold, so to speak. If someone is willing to try to be supportive and try take the brunt of the legwork, they would be more likely to pursue it. For someone to say, "Ok, you don't want to prosecute. Be well. Stay away from him. Good luck to you!" often would be the end of story.

I feel sorry for his past victims who chose not to prosecute. No doubt, they are feeling all kind of survivor's guilt and remorse, as well as those feelings of being attacked all over again. It is in nooooo way their fault, but good people feel guilty about lots of things that aren't their fault.

Has Anyone seen this?
This is the first time for me seeing this story. I wonder if JLM Jr saw it.

Service for Remembering Samantha Clarke was held September 13th, 2014 at an area Park.
http://www.nbc29.com/story/26526128/...-disappearance
Look at comment number 6. It was made before anyone reported Hannah Graham missing. This event was publicized and sponsored by CUE. AM's aunt was present at the event.

Who is RD?

http://wtvr.com/2014/10/02/how-easily-was-dna-taken-and-tested-in-hannah-graham-case/

How easily was DNA taken and tested in Hannah Graham case?
POSTED 8:09 PM, OCTOBER 2, 2014, BY JOE ST. GEORGE

RICHMOND, VA (WTVR) — The arrest of Jesse Matthew has raised questions and inquiries as to the nature of DNA, how it is collected and from what is it collected and tested.
CBS 6 reporter Joe St. George spent Thursday with forensic psychologist Mike Banks, who explained how easily DNA is left behind.

“If I put my hand on this car door, DNA is left behind,” Banks said.

Banks said DNA is typically left in cars on seat belts and arm rests getting in and out.

“I’m an old geezer – hair can be falling out,” Banks said. “One single hair can prove the fact at least I was here.”

http://wtvr.com/2014/10/02/how-easily-was-dna-taken-and-tested-in-hannah-graham-case/

Incidents Jesse Matthew Jr. has been connected to:

Oct. 17, 2002 – Alleged sexual assault at Liberty University
Sept. 7, 2003 – Reported CNU assault
Sept. 24, 2005 – Northern Virginia rape (forensic evidence linked to Morgan Harrington case)
Oct. 17, 2009 – Morgan Harrington disappearance
Sept. 13, 2014 – Hannah Graham disappearance

Law enforcement investigating cases for possible connection to Matthew:

July 24, 2003 — Autumn Day in Newport News
Sept. 7, 2003 – Sophia Rivera in Newport News
August 26, 2009 – Heidi Childs and David Metzler, in Blacksburg
Oct. 10, 2009 – Cassandra Morton, not far from Lynchburg
Sept. 13, 2010 – Samantha Clarke, in Orange County

Cases unsolved in the area near Charlottesville

Jan. 24, 2010 – Joan Cook, Roanoke County
Nov. 21, 2011 — Lauren Smith, Madison County
Nov. 20, 2012 — Dashad Sage Smith, Charlottesville
August 3, 2013 – Alexis Murphy, Shipman (Randy Taylor jailed for this, body never
Anyone with info is asked to call the tipline at 434-295-3851. All surveillance videos can be seen here. All reports filed on this case can be found here.

Having once worked in a College Athletics office of a well known University, I can tell you that someone likely persuaded her to "let it go." I feel the same about LU, too. IMO. Those two schools do/did not rank up there with the big area universities. CNU was very new to the competitive athletic scene and was probably doing everything in their power to build and develop their athletics programs as a source of revenue and pride for the University. No way that back in 2003 the Administration wanted that kind of publicity.
Thank you, Just K, from the bottom of my heart. Our family has experienced that this is a fact.

And, in my opinion, even if they didn't push her to let it go, they probably at minimum didn't give that supportive vibe of "Let's get him so it doesn't happen to anyone else." Victims of rape usually need a hand to hold, so to speak. If someone is willing to try to be supportive and try take the brunt of the legwork, they would be more likely to pursue it. For someone to say, "Ok, you don't want to prosecute. Be well. Stay away from him. Good luck to you!" often would be the end of story.

I feel sorry for his past victims who chose not to prosecute. No doubt, they are feeling all kind of survivor's guilt and remorse, as well as those feelings of being attacked all over again. It is in nooooo way their fault, but good people feel guilty about lots of things that aren't their fault.

RBBM, mpnola. Thank you for your astute reasoning; you are so right that none should feel guilty. It takes a huge amount of bravery to even report any sexual assault or rape ~ and, IMO they have assisted by helping to develop the character of his past history.

I pray that they will understand that what they did was very honorable and highly significant. I have no doubt that they gave their all! Bless them.

It's been awhile since I've posted...but have been following the case. Has anyone linked Alexis' ******* account where she asks "Is this LJ"? Can't remember if that even allowed or not.

Wow just wow, all of this is so intense. It seems this predator has been active for so long...the trail he might have possibly left behind him...the stuff you guys have pulled up :(

IIRC, last night there was something about Sept 7 and a sexual assault as well as a missing young lady on the same date?

What about Autumn Day (what a lovely name!)?

eta: just saw post 35

(Way behind, sorry. Doing my best to keep up...So glad things are subcategorized (ugh red line what do you mean subcategorized is not a real word) for easier reference.)

tia

I am hoping that someone with a better memory than mine can help me out with something. A few years back, there was a young lady who was at work. She decided to take a short break and walked out of the building and started off on a little walk behind the building. There was a small river close by and she was seen walking along the riverbank. She never returned to work. Her body was found several days/weeks later farther down the river, but not in the direction that the water would have carried her had she fallen in. You could see the highway from the location of her remains, as well as the place where she was employed. I cannot recall her name, but a couple things I do remember are that she was a lesbian, and that not long before she disappeared she had received some sort of threatening letter in her mailbox at home. I believe it was VSP who determined that she had committed suicide, but her sister was absolutely adamant that she had not, basing those feelings on the number and types of injuries that the missing/deceased woman had on her body. Her sister posted her for quite a while during the searches. I have never felt comfortable with the outcome of this young lady's case--it just seemed to many of us, her sister, and myself, that VSP wanted to just wash their hands of the entire matter.

Does anyone recall this case, and is there any possibility that this could be another potential victim of JLM?

I am hoping that someone with a better memory than mine can help me out with something. A few years back, there was a young lady who was at work. She decided to take a short break and walked out of the building and started off on a little walk behind the building. There was a small river close by and she was seen walking along the riverbank. She never returned to work. Her body was found several days/weeks later farther down the river, but not in the direction that the water would have carried her had she fallen in. You could see the highway from the location of her remains, as well as the place where she was employed. I cannot recall her name, but a couple things I do remember are that she was a lesbian, and that not long before she disappeared she had received some sort of threatening letter in her mailbox at home. I believe it was VSP who determined that she had committed suicide, but her sister was absolutely adamant that she had not, basing those feelings on the number and types of injuries that the missing/deceased woman had on her body. Her sister posted her for quite a while during the searches. I have never felt comfortable with the outcome of this young lady's case--it just seemed to many of us, her sister, and myself, that VSP wanted to just wash their hands of the entire matter.

Does anyone recall this case, and is there any possibility that this could be another potential victim of JLM?

Kelly Catalano Richmond/Chesterfield County in Virginia. Her body ended up on an embankment under some type of bridge. AFAIK, she was not drowned.
http://www.nbc12.com/story/12124783/update-body-found-in-swift-creek-confirmed-as-catalano
Because it occurred in winter it doesn't seem to fit the late summer-November timeframe...but it could still be possible.

Kelly Catalano Richmond/Chesterfield County in Virginia. Her body ended in an embankment under some type of bridge. AFAIK, she was not drowned.
http://www.nbc12.com/story/12124783/update-body-found-in-swift-creek-confirmed-as-catalano
Because it occurred in winter it doesn't seem to fit the late summer-November timeframe...but it could still be possible.

This is it! Thanks SO much! Yes, her body was found on a small island near the interstate bridge, but not under it. Tomorrow, if I remember, I will go to her thread and see if I can find the photograph that shows exactly where her body was found.

Is the area that Kelly died close enough to be a possibility as having fallen victim to JLM? I am not familiar with the locations at all. I have always felt that someone was in the parking lot of either her place of employment or one of the neighboring businesses, and saw her take off on her walk, followed her and then caused her death. I will never believe that she died as a result of suicide.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Soccergirl500
Back