Jodi Arias recorded statements and interviews

Jodi accidentally dropped Travis’ camera, and as that camera was falling, that was enough for Travis, because he lunged at Jodi in anger, knocking her to the ground in the bathroom where there was a struggle. Jodi’s life was in danger. In just under a minute, in just a minute we go from this picture we go to the next picture, where it’s Travis’ body – he’s clearly injured already. In a minute. Now that very brief moment of time – a minute – is not the result of premeditation. It is not the result of a planned-out attack.

I do hope the jury noticed that as that camera was falling the shower door was being opened. That would mean it was impossible for Travis to react that fast. It can only mean that Jody was the one who "lunged".
This whole opening is all about Jody. She has turned it around saying it's Travis but it's herself she is talking about.

Now despite the attention Travis paid to Jodi in private, he treated her far differently in the public eye. You’ll hear how Travis degraded Jodi to his friends. You’ll hear that he often referred to her as a stalker or claimed that she was crazy. And if she did anything, like speak with another man or text another man, he would further degrade her by calling her names like “*advertiser censored*” and “*advertiser censored*.” He would text her these things and email her these things. The more that Travis distanced himself from Jodi to his friends, the easier it was for him to keep control of her and to keep her his own sexual needs

Did I miss something? I have not heard any of Travis's friends say anything like this about Travis, infact just the opposite.

I'ts not a problem for me, but just FYI, I cannot play videos on threads #40, 41, 42 and 43, unless I open in a new tab, then it goes to the website that hosted the vid. Maybe it is my browser, I am using safari, anyone else is experiencing the same issue? Thanks.

Jodi accidentally dropped Travis’ camera, and as that camera was falling, that was enough for Travis, because he lunged at Jodi in anger, knocking her to the ground in the bathroom where there was a struggle. Jodi’s life was in danger. In just under a minute, in just a minute we go from this picture we go to the next picture, where it’s Travis’ body – he’s clearly injured already. In a minute. Now that very brief moment of time – a minute – is not the result of premeditation. It is not the result of a planned-out attack.

I do hope the jury noticed that as that camera was falling the shower door was being opened. That would mean it was impossible for Travis to react that fast. It can only mean that Jody was the one who "lunged".
This whole opening is all about Jody. She has turned it around saying it's Travis but it's herself she is talking about.

Now despite the attention Travis paid to Jodi in private, he treated her far differently in the public eye. You’ll hear how Travis degraded Jodi to his friends. You’ll hear that he often referred to her as a stalker or claimed that she was crazy. And if she did anything, like speak with another man or text another man, he would further degrade her by calling her names like “*advertiser censored*” and “*advertiser censored*.” He would text her these things and email her these things. The more that Travis distanced himself from Jodi to his friends, the easier it was for him to keep control of her and to keep her his own sexual needs

Did I miss something? I have not heard any of Travis's friends say anything like this about Travis, infact just the opposite.

She tells the reason he had two different groups herself in the tapes. Even though she was staying with someone who lived close to Travis they were assigned to different Wards. So he would have associated with those from his Ward and she with her friends in her Ward. They would have been separated in the functions they attended. Travis would also have social evenings in his homes in which JA included herself or may have been invited. It could be Travis invited her because he felt she might meet someone else through these social events he hosted. I think at this point he may have been interested in trying anything to get rid of her. jmo

Lost my first post after I completed what I've done so far...grrrrrrr. So I will continue with shorter posts.

July 15th - First Interview at police headquarters in CA w/Det. Flores:

Exh 350 - Jodie states she wrote a long personal letter on Facebook to TA but she ended up taking it down.

Exh ?? - Jodi talks about moving to Mesa and the friend who let her stay with them and described the woman as "flighty". She goes on to say the roommate said she was getting married and Jodi needed to find another place to live. Jodi called all over the place to find a place to live and found a place near TA. She claimed that at that time she did not know about he and Lisa.

Exh 355 - Jodi tells Flores she did not go with TA prior to her baptism, only that they made out. (Opening statement claims first time she had sex with Travis it was oral sex and that was the weekend she was at the Hughes home in CA. This was months before she her baptism.)

Exh 356 - Jodi claims she rented a car on Monday, June 2nd and then returned to her brothers home for a nap before leaving for Santa Cruz to meet someone. She spent the night in Monterey while visited at friend (DB) and then went on to Pasadena to meet DB's sister which did not happen. Jodi continues that she was on RT15 and got lost. Somehow she ended up on RT40 going east. She has a GPS but it was in her personal car and she did not bring it. Jodi claims she didn't go anywhere near Mesa. Flores points out she got to Utah on Thursday. That is 48 hours that are unaccounted for and with sleep there are still 20 hours missing. Flores tells her TA was killed on Wednesday. That her cell phone was turned off outside of LA on I93 and turned on again just outside AZ but because of the tower it hit inside AZ.

Exh 357(?) - Flores confronts her with the blood, dna, hair evidence. Jodi said she lived there. Her hair, blood, dna would be all over the place. Flores talks about photos from the shower. Jodi said he would not allow photos of him taken in the shower. Jodi then asks Flores if she can see the photos. Jodi asks Flores if he found the gun.

Exh 578 - Jodi tells Flores her pants are a different color. Flores explains the photo shows up in a different color because of the restoration process. Flores then tells her that her bloody hand print is on the wall. Jodi immediately looks at her left hand and turns the palm up. (Flores never told her which hand, never told her which wall). Jodi goes on to say TA never raped her, never hurt...... Flores tells her a neighbor saw you, they know who you are. She said she never saw the neighbors and that if they saw her she had blond hair then. Flores tells her the neighbors did not see the car. She agrees they did not see HER car. Flores asks Jodi if she is aware the newer cars have GPS on them for police purposes. Jodi answers quietly, "Oh."

Exh 359 - Jodi tells Flores she is all for the Ten Commandments. Thou shall not kill.

July 15th - Det. Flores interview with Jodi at Police Hqtrs, CA

Exh 367 - Jodi tells Flores she is trying to put Travis' death behind her. Flores goes on about all the evidence and she needs to tell him why she did it. Jodi tells him "if" she did it. Flores then tells her it's not an "if" to him and then asks her if she is blocking what happened out. Jodi answers, "No, I tend to write things down." (I really don't know what keeps Det. Flores from coming out of his chair) Jodi then said if she had anything to do with his death she would be more remorseful (or resourseful?) Flores tells her she will be facing charges. Jodi then tells him she does not know why he was killed, all her ex's are still alive. Flores then tells Jodi that she is not acting right, she's acting like someone who is guilty. Jodi replies, "How so?" Jodi goes on to ask, "Is it because I'm not crying? How is it different?"

Exh 368: Jodi tells Flores, "He's never......always been good to me, no reason why....." Then goes on to say, "I really do love Tarvis. I need to move on." Jodi then starts to talk about his family, he has brothers and sisters, she has brothers and sisters. She further states that she knows he's (TA) is in a good place and he's fine. She knows his family misses him but it's only temporary. (Feeling a definite chill in the air here)

July 15th - Det. Flores interview with Jodi at Police Hqtrs, CA

Exh 367 - Jodi tells Flores she is trying to put Travis' death behind her. Flores goes on about all the evidence and she needs to tell him why she did it. Jodi tells him "if" she did it. Flores then tells her it's not an "if" to him and then asks her if she is blocking what happened out. Jodi answers, "No, I tend to write things down." (I really don't know what keeps Det. Flores from coming out of his chair) Jodi then said if she had anything to do with his death she would be more remorseful (or resourseful?) Flores tells her she will be facing charges. Jodi then tells him she does not know why he was killed, all her ex's are still alive. Flores then tells Jodi that she is not acting right, she's acting like someone who is guilty. Jodi replies, "How so?" Jodi goes on to ask, "Is it because I'm not crying? How is it different?"

Exh 368: Jodi tells Flores, "He's never......always been good to me, no reason why....." Then goes on to say, "I really do love Tarvis. I need to move on." Jodi then starts to talk about his family, he has brothers and sisters, she has brothers and sisters. She further states that she knows he's (TA) is in a good place and he's fine. She knows his family misses him but it's only temporary. (Feeling a definite chill in the air here)

I think this is also where she goes on to say -- I know Travis is ok and in a better place, "he's doing great". That stuck out to me, like she thinks she was doing Travis some kind of favor by killing him, so it's unfair that Jodi has to suffer and feel anything unpleasant.

July 16th - Jodi is in an orange jumpsuit, Interview w/Det. Flores still in CA

Exh 381 - Jodi tells Flores she was planning to also stop and see a friend in San Diego but changed her mind. They talk about the dog and how she use to play with him and under her breath it sounds like "he's still alive". (not sure) Flores asks her what timeframe she arrived at TA's. Jodi guesses between 2 and 3. Flores tells her the roommate left at 6am and said he did not notice anything different. Jodi said when she arrived TA was watching a video with dancer who had boxes on their heads.

Flores tells Jodi he is surprised TA allowed her to take pictures of him in the shower. No response. She immediate changes the subject by asking Flores what he's going to do with the rental car and is he going to leave it there (at the station). Flores asks her if she were planning on doing this the whole time. Why take a gun with you. Jodi answers that she didn't. Flores then asks her where she got it and then asks if Travis had a gun in the house. Jodi said he did not have one. Flores then asks, "Who had it?" Jodi is now actively involved with playing with her hair. Flores, "Are you protecting someone else?" Jodi, "I don't know." Flores, "Someone catch you there?" Jodi says she will tell him everything she can remember. Flores asks what happened after the last picture was taken? Jodi, "It's better every thinks it was me." Flores tells her that is not what he wants to hear, he wants the truth. What did she see. Jodi reports that she did not see but she heard it. Tells Flores they know my address. I was an element of surprise. I was a witness but I really didn't see much. (Oh brother!!!) Jodi starts to say, "He went......" and then stops. She starts crying and says she will take the rap for her family. Flores tells her she does not need to do that and then says go ahead. Jodi replies, "Well, anyway." (Good thing you can't hear me.)

Jodi tells Flores she has pictures on her other hard drive but it is broken. (Interesting she refers to her computer at home as her "other" hard drive. She had 3 disks of pictures and they were looking through them. (OS said he had trouble and could not open them) Jodi then tells Flores that when she got there Travis had moved the furniture and was about to clean the floor. She then makes a comment about the picture of TA in the shower sitting down and how she thought the picture was very good of him. Jodi said TA was standing in the shower and she was sitting on the floor and she received a knock to the head but not completely out. Jodi compares it to when her father banged her head against the wall and she was dazed, not really knocked out but immediately changes it to her dad really pushed her and her head it the wall. (Guess she did not want to paint dad in a bad light, considering.)

Jodi then shows Flores where the ninjas cut her hand and she said her finger has not been the same. (Yet one of her ex BF's claims she told him TA had broken her finger)

I think this is also where she goes on to say -- I know Travis is ok and in a better place, "he's doing great". That stuck out to me, like she thinks she was doing Travis some kind of favor by killing him, so it's unfair that Jodi has to suffer and feel anything unpleasant.

Thanks for catching that. I'm trying to write it all down as I listen so I know I am missing important statements she has made. This is what is so great about this thread. We can go back through those tape and catch those little signifcant mistakes she makes.

Some of her comments??? It's like "whatever". If nothing else let's hope this exposure will make parents wake up when they have a child with issues and get some help before they do something very wrong.

Well, back in I go.

Thanks for catching that. I'm trying to write it all down as I listen so I know I am missing important statements she has made. This is what is so great about this thread. We can go back through those tape and catch those little signifcant mistakes she makes.

Some of her comments??? It's like "whatever". If nothing else let's hope this exposure will make parents wake up when they have a child with issues and get some help before they do something very wrong.

Well, back in I go.

I appreciate you doing this. I was going to do something similar with portions of the defense opening statement.

I have used this case as a teaching example to my sons. IMO young men are especially vulnerable to this type of lunatic because it is very well hidden at first.

My take on the self- defense claim as laid out in the defense opening statement:

Defense starts out with a bold assertion that Jodi was "forced" to kill Travis. Even bolder is the statement that Travis would have killed Jodi if she hadn't defended herself:

Jodi Arias killed Travis Alexander. There is no question about it. The million dollar questions is: What would have forced her to do it?

Throughout this trial you will hear that Jodi was indeed forced...
In just those 2 minutes, Jodi had to make a choice. She would either live or she would die.

Wilmott then implies that she is about to explain a long history of violence committed by Travis that will it make it all clear that Travis was going to kill Jodi on June 4 and "forced" her to kill him instead:

And so what would have forced her to have to take Travis' life on that awful day? In order to answer that question, we have to go back to the beginning. Back to before -- just before -- she and Travis first met.

At this point the jury is ready to hear all about the long history of sexual or physical assaults committed by Travis, so let's take a look at each instance of Travis' bad behavior the defense actually mentions, and for the sake of this inquiry let's go so far as to assume that all of these allegations of past conduct are 100% true:

But the moment that Jodi would ever even text another man or talk to another man, Travis would instantly degrade her, yell at her, embarrass her, and humiliate her. And so Jodi learned very quickly how to deal with Travis’ temper. She learned how to deal with is temper by being humble, compliant and agreeable, and that was one good way to help avoid his temper.

^^ Verbal provocation, no suggestion of violence. Jodi dealt with it by being agreeable -- no need to use physical deadly force.

...despite having sex with Jodi and saying things like he loved her, he was pursuing other women, and so because of that Jodi broke up with him.

^^ Pursued other women -- no suggestion of violence. Jodi handled it by breaking up without needing to use physical deadly force.

Now despite the attention Travis paid to Jodi in private, he treated her far differently in the public eye. You’ll hear how Travis degraded Jodi to his friends. You’ll hear that he often referred to her as a stalker or claimed that she was crazy. And if she did anything, like speak with another man or text another man, he would further degrade her by calling her names like “*advertiser censored*” and “*advertiser censored*.” He would text her these things and email her these things.

^^ Treated Jodi different in public, and called her names in text messages. No suggestion of violence by Travis.

Now the best evidence of Travis’ manipulation of Jodi is his insistence to others that Jodi stalked him. His insistence to others that Jodi wouldn’t leave him alone, but yet it was always at his demand, and his beckoning that Jodi spent time with him.

^^ Called Jodi a stalker. No suggestion of violence committed by Travis.

In fact, at one point during their relationship, Travis even had a t-shirt made proclaiming his ownership of Jodi. Now I know that in some circles and in some relationships, maybe that would be considered cute or funny. But if you understand the inner workings of the relationship between Travis and Jodi, that t-shirt is a perfect example of how Travis treated Jodi.

Made a t-shirt saying "Travis Alexander's" and this is supposedly the perfect example of how he treated Jodi. No suggestion of violence committed by Travis.

In April of 2008, Jodi had had enough because Jodi found out that once again Travis was pursuing other women, even though he was having her in his bed, Travis was still pursuing other women.

^^ Pursued other women. No suggestion of violence. Jodi dealt with it by moving away -- no need for her to use physical deadly force.

In fact, even though they didn’t see each other from April in 2008 until June of 2008, Travis was still able to use Jodi for his own sexual desires – through the phone and phone sex.

^^ Phone sex -- mutual and consensual. No suggestion of violence committed by Travis, they were 100's of miles from each other. Jodi responded by engaging in phone sex with him, not resorting to physical deadly force.

in this phone call he talks about his fantasies – his fantasies with Jodi of tying her to a tree and putting it – forgive me – in her *advertiser censored* all the way. That’s Travis. And then, when Jodi pretends to climax during this phone call, Travis tells her that she sounds like a twelve year old girl who was having an orgasm for the first time. And then he tells her it’s so hot.

^^ Travis describes sexual fantasies. No suggestion that Travis committed violence or that he threatened to commit violence. No suggestion that he ever acted on the fantasy.

These are comments of a man who has a real problem with the comparison with the person he portrays himself to be and who he is supposed to be versus the person his own private reality and the person who he really was.

^^ Travis kept his private life private. No suggestion of violence committed by Travis.

That's the complete list of Travis' bad acts described by the defense, and then remarkably the defense describes these acts as "continual abuse" that "forced" Jodi to kill Travis. All of these past events of non-violence are supposed to set the stage for why Jodi would have reasonably believed that Travis was going to kill her on June 4, despite never having committed a violent act against her in the past:

So, what would have forced Jodi. It was Travis’ continual abuse. And on June 4 of 2008 it had reached a point of no return. And sadly, Travis left Jodi no other option but to defend herself. On that horrible day, Jodi believed that Travis was going to kill her. He threatened to kill her, and given her experience with him she had no reason to not believe him.

Then we get to the heart of the matter; what actually happened on June 4 and how the many instances of non-violence in the past somehow aligned to force Jodi to believe that Travis was going to kill her:

And so when he tried to pull up these pictures it wasn’t working right. Well Travis’ temper flared and he took this CD and he threw it up against the wall in the den.

^^ Travis threw a CD. No suggestion that he threw it at Jodi.

Travis grabbed her and spun her around, afraid that he was going to hurt her. Jodi was actually relieved when all he did was bend her over the desk, pull her arm up behind her back, pull her pants down, and have quick and rough vaginal sex with her, ejaculating all over her back.

^^ Consensual sex between adults who had a prior sexual relationship. No suggestion that Travis did this against Jodi's will or that he harmed her. (I doubt that this even took place, but we're assuming these things are true for argument's sake)

Jodi accidentally dropped Travis’ camera, and as that camera was falling, that was enough for Travis, because he lunged at Jodi in anger, knocking her to the ground in the bathroom where there was a struggle. Jodi’s life was in danger.

^^ Although Travis had never committed any violence against Jodi in the past, we're to believe that on this one occasion he flipped out and attacked Jodi because she dropped his camera -- from a naked, sitting position from within the shower. Not only did he knock her to the ground, he continued to assault her because she dropped the camera. Even though he handled it so well when she trashed his BWM, he was going to kill her for dropping his camera.

Just one minute from the time you see the camera falling and you see the picture of Travis with blood. One minute. In that one minute, had Jodi not been forced to defend herself,

^^ That makes no sense at all. Even if you assume that everything the defense alleges in this opening statement were totally and completely true -- there's not one thing that suggests that Jodi would have had any reason to fear that Travis would kill her for dropping his camera. And even if it were true that on this one occasion, unlike every other instance in the past, Travis reacted in anger and "lunged" at Jodi and knocked her to the ground ....she could not have so quickly "defended her life" unless she had the gun and knife in her hand as she was being knocked to the ground.

It is safe to assume that the defense will present not one speck of evidence that Travis was ever violent towards Jodi. Presumably their opening statements describes their very best evidence -- and there's never any mention of Travis doing anything violent or even aggressive.

Continuing Exh 381 w/Flores interviewing Jodi, July 16th - This portion of the tape would be from the 8th day of the trial:

Jodi tells Flores she met Matt in Santa Cruiz. She does not think they were Mafia and part of her believes they will not come after her, but....... Flores tells Jodi everything points to her, no one else. Jodi answers that there is no reason and asks Flores, "What's my reason." Flores tells her there are too many motives with her. He knows she had a 25 auto she reported stolen, it's missing. There's prints, blood. Flores goes on to tell Jodi that she shot TA first and then stabbed him. He talks about the gun. Jodi answers with the gun she bought on Friday was never used. (Not sure why she would even think that makes any sense).

Jodi then said "IF" she had it in her to kill Travis she would make it as humane as possible. Flores tells her you shot him first. Jodi, "I think he was in shock, I remember walking up.....he was outside the shower and he said he could not move, could not feel. Jodi also said Travis was not standing up. Jodi states further that she knows she did not take Travis' life. Jodi then states, "As long as I am here someone else is happy." Flores, "So you are going to let them get away with this?"

Flores tells Jodi if she has nothing new to add they are pretty much done and he will see her next in Arizona. Jodi wants to know if she can write to the family, will LE let her. Flores tells her he does not think LE will give her their addresses and she says she has the grandmother's address. Then she ends with she just doesn't want my family to get hurt.

End of tapes

Great job Minor4th. Defense even lied about the t-shirt. According to Travis' roommates on the back of his shirt was the website information. He did not have it made for Jodi. He had it made for himself. I can't believe defense would present that as a fact.

I think you are right, too. If there was any proof we would have gotten by now. The more witnesses defense calls the worse it gets.

Do you guys think we should start transcribing her testimony from today on the stand? If so, I'll volunteer to start on it. We could each take a portion of the testimony.

Do you guys think we should start transcribing her testimony from today on the stand? If so, I'll volunteer to start on it. We could each take a portion of the testimony.

Yes! I will take a portion too

So, I'll start on the first link...is anyone able to take any of the others? Please post here if you take a link so that we don't duplicate work...

TIA!

princess I can take one tomorrow morning (I cannot stomach it right now :eek:)

which one are you doing?

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
butiwantedthatname
Back