Jodi Arias TAKES THE STAND #22 *may contain graphic and adult content*

Status
Not open for further replies.
I think you are right-and she will end up curled in her chair trying to fend off big bad Juan Martinez. I hope he pulverizes her!

I hope he takes the same tone with her that the detective did. If he comes off aggressive ... One if those jurors are going to want to protect her.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

So what time does court start this morning? Or has it already? I have my phone ready to go with the AZfamily live stream, but I got so frustrated yesterday because of those darn commercials that interrupt that stream.

Alright ya'll, jumping in here...

Jodi spoke about how Bobby dressed like a character from The Crow, starring Brandon Leigh. And also that she found this fascinating and beautiful. I decided to google this movie, as I have not seen it.

As it happens the main character and his girlfriend have been murdered (shot and stabbed) and through a supernatural event he comes back to avenge their murders by shooting and stabbing the perpetrators.

Keep talking, Jodi! :wink:

I personally expect her memory to be phenomenal only concerning aspects that don't incriminate her. ;)
For everything else, I think you're right and we're going to hear a lot of "I don't remember"-variations...

It was so fast it was all a blurr!

What is the over/under on whether or not JA breaks down and cries during cross? As if she is being attacked, cowering from the big evil man trying to do her harm?

I'm secretly hoping some button, any button, gets pushed and we see the EVIL side come out!! Forget the tears ~ I'm praying for RAGE!!! :furious:

Is that wrong?? ;)

So what time does court start this morning? Or has it already? I have my phone ready to go with the AZfamily live stream, but I got so frustrated yesterday because of those darn commercials that interrupt that stream.

Are you using Ustream on your phone ?
Thats what I use and there are no commercials, Live Stream

well hells bells -

I just got moved up front..... I cant watch the trial this afternoon.

Im going to stomp around pouting all day. :(

Ill need you guys to get me through today PLEASE!!!! Of all days! boooo

Aren't you feeling the beginnings of a screaming bout of diarrhea? Have any sick days? Lol

I think like yesterday we are going to hear a lot of dribble complete with smiles again and Nurmi cutting her off again to ask another question.

yes - I too loved my parents and did not want to disappoint them.

I'm 41 years old and still don't want to disappoint them! If one of them gives me the stink eye I still get scared!!

While we wait for today's testimony to begin, I'm wondering what my fellow 'sleuthers think about the second-chair attorney examining Jodi instead of her lead (female) counsel? Seems to me that this is going to be key testimony in Jodi's defense, and I'm not enamored with this attorney and how he's allowing her to ramble on relentlessly. If I were on the jury, I would have a difficult time staying awake. :moo:

I'm secretly hoping some button, any button, gets pushed and we see the EVIL side come out!! Forget the tears ~ I'm praying for RAGE!!! :furious:

Is that wrong?? ;)

IMO her rage is expressed only by the death stare

I am 62 yrs old--my father disciplined both my brother and myself with a belt....and it wasn't just 1 strike--it was multiple--it left bruises. In those days it was termed discipline--now it would be called abuse. Despite this my brother grew up to be an architect and now owns his own company...Poor abused me grew up to become an MD---been a Pediatrician for 33 yrs. Neither my brother nor I have ever killed anyone. W are all responsible for own lives and our own decisiones...For JA to focus on this is a cop out. Her worse mistakes in her formative years appears to be her behavior around men--Always had to have a BF--left High Schiool to move in with a guy...her behavior in these events scream ::Borderline" to me--that plus a mixture of other issues...So she needs to place the blame where it trully belongs--on herself--on her own choices--don't balame everyone else--especially poor Travis!!!!

Most of us that grew up in the 60's, 70's, 80's were spanked, grounded, or yelled at. I'm heading towards the big 5-0 and remember being disciplined. The worst was when I shoplifted (never did that again). But for the most part, I didn't want to dissapoint my parents. I didn't have a hissy fit when they never came to my Cross Country events, or sent me to church every Sunday while they stayed home in bed. It's just the way it was in our house. My mom wasn't a beater or a spanker, but let me tell ya, she was a great slipper thrower! I could be running for the hills, and she'd hit me in the head every time. If there was an olympic event for taking off your slipper and hitting someone in the head - mom would have won the gold. I laughed every time, and that only upset her more!

So you can understand why I have no sympathy for Jodi on the stand. Millions of kids grew up the being disciplined...or worse. Wooden spoon or not, it gives her NO excuse to slaughter another human being. Most of us went on to be kind and respecful citizens because our parents made it clear what was right and what was wrong.

MOO

Mel

I brought this up to my sister (the spanking part of JA testimony) -- she mentioned my mom throwing shoes--she also wasn't scared of spanking us either---even in her later years she felt the RIGHT to hit us (this is when dementia hit really hard--I had to testify against her to keep her as a "ward of the state")---she would say "I'm your mother---" I also remember road trips and all of a sudden my dad would say "goodnight" and a hand would be outstreched towards the back seat where us kids were----or him unbuckling the belt...we knew....WE KNEW----but no murders--- :waitasec:

While we wait for today's testimony to begin, I'm wondering what my fellow 'sleuthers think about the second-chair attorney examining Jodi instead of her lead (female) counsel? Seems to me that this is going to be key testimony in Jodi's defense, and I'm not enamored with this attorney and how he's allowing her to ramble on relentlessly. If I were on the jury, I would have a difficult time staying awake. :moo:
:floorlaugh: Last night I fell asleep at 9pm during her testimony! Can't tell you the last time I went to bed that early. (And I know I am not alone!)

As a psychopathic murderess she's rather anti-climactic. I cannot wait for the cross though - no way I'll fall asleep then.

Something I realized in the middle of the night last night. We never hear about her cat again after she takes him the morning after packing her car all night, falling asleep on the couch after pretending to be asleep on the couch, and moving out while her mom cooked breakfast. Cats live a long time, but we never hear about her cat again. Hmmmm... interesting.

Alright ya'll, jumping in here...

Jodi spoke about how Bobby dressed like a character from The Crow, starring Brandon Leigh. And also that she found this fascinating and beautiful. I decided to google this movie, as I have not seen it.

As it happens the main character and his girlfriend have been murdered (shot and stabbed) and through a supernatural event he comes back to avenge their murders by shooting and stabbing the perpetrators.

Keep talking, Jodi! :wink:

last night, someone else pointed out the movie The Lost Boys, (a movie about vampires) and how similar it is to things she said about meeting Bobby.. i will try to find that post, because it was spot on..

JA does mention how she perceives things on TV and movies and relates them to her reality. she did it on the stand yesterday when she was talking about one of the exes being chivalrous.

Are you using Ustream on your phone ?
Thats what I use and there are no commercials, Live Stream

when I go to AZfamily and click on the live stream...it gives me a commercial to start with then goes to the trial. But yesterday (and maybe it was because I was dropping the stream or something), it would smack a commercial right in the middle of the testimony. I almost threw my phone out the car window. :floorlaugh:

they both do......its painful:banghead:

We don't know why Jodi was held back in kindergarten. Nurmi never asked.

For all we know Jodi's parents may have requested it and that might be the reason it wasn't asked.

Parents can request it but if it isn't warranted, the school district won't do it. It costs the district $$ to retain each child. If children in K are not developmentally ready for 1st grade, if they lack good fine motor skills, if their attention span is nil, if their maturity level is low--among other things, then they are not likely to have success learning in 1st grade. As a teacher, I have seen more parents OPPOSE retention than accept it - much less request it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member