Jodi Arias TAKES THE STAND FOR 8TH DAY #44 *may contain graphic and adult content*

Status
Not open for further replies.
Frankly I'd like to see Juan go through each and every lie or outrageous claim she made on the stand. He will move through it all quickly. He will require yes or no answers. The jury will be awake, interested, and engaged.
All of the things we've said REALLY?! to from her testimony and marvelled over will be asked rapidly and while they may not be disproved, they will expose her as completely unbelievable.

Buh-bye JA. Nice try. :bricks:
Psst...don't tell Mr. Nurmi this but that would be the CORRECT way of questioning a psychopath. You don't allow them to set the stage for prolific lying the liar's curse will ultimately trap them in.

Unless, as so many have suggested, that was Nurmi's intent. I personally don't buy he's, um, quite so, um, well you know what I mean, I'm sure. :angel: I don't believe he'd risk malpractice for certain. JMO though.

It is blowing my mind that there are still people who believe her! Seriously?

Anyone that could possibly believe her is not thinking rationally. Guys that can't imagine a evil woman maybe? I should present some of my exes as corroborating witnesses

In anticipation of a PTSD expert being called by the defense to defend dear JA, I'm compelled to say this- Of all the people I've worked with who experienced blackouts or memory loss to traumatic events, it has been traumatic events that happened to them that the mind protects them from, not trauma they inflicted on others. It's also been my experience that with PTSD, people can't get the trauma they've witnessed, caused or experienced out of their minds causing them to relive the trauma daily. They wish it could be blacked out so they can experience a moments peace.
Had to get that off my mind before I blow a gasket over this defense.

Thank you for putting this so eloquently. I have PTSD. I remember every single second of my brother lying on the stretcher with the GSW to his head. It is a video that is on a continuous loop in my mind's eye. I can recall it perfectly 30 years later. I remember sounds, people, faces, actions of everyone and the sound of my voice screaming. SHE forgot nothing. IMO

What boggles my mind is she took the stand in self defense and led us down this path of lies only to get to "I can't remember"? To point out what the talking heads are alluding to PTSD? After all these years to create a defense and they came up with this? I really expected more, but I guess the evidence speaks for itself and in the end it's a senseless callous murder of a woman who couldn't get what she wanted.

Classic "if I can't have you no one will"

A guard might have talked JA into doing an interview. After all, Sheriff Joe put on that horrible Christmas carol contest..JA was a winner and he taped it and released it to the media. Where I live, some prison guards smuggle in cell phones and drugs for the inmates. Not defending JA but I do not trust the US prison industry.

Well, I'll agree that guards do those things because a brother of one of my friends sent me a friend request on FB and after awhile I realized he was posting from jail when he'd say stuff like "won't be posting for a while because the guards found my charger, I'll be gone til I get a new phone" lol

I still don't believe her because she's a known liar. If her mouth is moving, I'll think she's lying without proof.

I think Jodi's testimony today came as a complete surprise to her lawyers too. I do not believe they had heard that version before -- and I'm pretty sure they had never heard the story she broke into right in the middle, about her social security card and Travis banging his head and chasing her down the hall.

She is improvising because she is desperate. The problem is, she has no idea how she comes across, she has no idea how to convincingly portray herself as a victim because she has never been one. And she clearly has no regret or remorse for killing Travis or compassion for the devastation she has caused.

If she weren't arrested, I don't think she would have spent a single minute thinking any more about Travis.

IMO she choked under the pressure. Which would require her to have nerves and/or fear, which would indicate some level of humanity so I doubt that. Maybe I should rephrase. She got flustered and went off script.

I can't wait for Katiecoolady to post about her observations/insights.

Second, I wish Dr. Drew or another show (JVM) would have her on as a regular commentator because she has so much to offer viewers both as a trial watcher and a fierce advocate/defender of victim's rights.

Which movie is it where the monster is shot through the eye, but continues to chase/attack the heroine? Halloween?

Is it possible that the issue the judge was addressing this afternoon was photos JM will be using during cross?
Could he refresh her memory loss about the use of the knife by having her describe what's in some graphic photographs in court? She is the only living witness who was there, it wouldn't be unreasonable to assume she could explain some of the wounds.

I don't know if that would be permitted, it would surely be disturbing, but it would be one way to get her to address what seemed a convenient memory gap. She might have a hard time glossing over it, wouldn't she?

Good thing she wasn't shaking like a chihuahua. She might have missed.

I just read the transcripts of what I missed today and wanted to come on here and just say OMG. That whole bit of 'having to make it seem like a normal day so no one would know' came to her on her way to Ryans. Not before. She wakes up in the desert somewhere. FOOORRRR RREEALLL???

While I do believe traumatic things can cause SOME memory loss, I can't believe this at all.

So if I understand correctly from the transcripts, she shot the gun, it ricochet against the tile and hit Travis. But wouldn't there have been evidence at the scene? Would a bullet traveling at such a high rate of speed not shattered something?

Off to see if there is somewhere I can youtube today's testimony.

Kelly

I think Jodi's testimony today came as a complete surprise to her lawyers too. I do not believe they had heard that version before -- and I'm pretty sure they had never heard the story she broke into right in the middle, about her social security card and Travis banging his head and chasing her down the hall.

She is improvising because she is desperate. The problem is, she has no idea how she comes across, she has no idea how to convincingly portray herself as a victim because she has never been one. And she clearly has no regret or remorse for killing Travis or compassion for the devastation she has caused.

If she weren't arrested, I don't think she would have spent a single minute thinking any more about Travis.

that was so totally BIZARRE. we've heard every second that transpired between these 2 and right in the middle of the murder story, she starts in on a time he 'almost killed' her that we never heard about before!!

so obvious to me what she was doing. it wasn't sounding scary enough so she threw that in at the last minute. SURELY everyone else found that as jarring and out there as i did!

AZLawyer,

Do they really allow inmates to have dangerous weapons (double sided razors) from the commissary?

Especially a cold blood murder whom stabbed someone 28 times and almost decapitated their victim.

I can't believe I am going to miss tomorrow mornings cross. :mad:

I am going to try and convince my DH that we should take to 2 cars to the mortgage brokerage tomorrow---so I can go right to the Starbucks and plug in my lap top and watch Juan go to town on her. Otherwise, I have to wait and drive home 45 minutes in traffic, before I can watch.

My DH thinks I am nuts, btw. :floorlaugh:

I said ' Can't we postpone the meeting?'

No, the interest rates are rising--we could lose money instead of save, if we don't refinance now."

" And...." :wink:

That sound kind of like my DH. Not only that, I can only watch stuff like this on television when he's not home, or at least watch it in a separate room if he is. He hates it and thinks it's a waste of time. What's so funny, is he'll watch just about anything else that's on television. He doesn't really care what it is, which is a much bigger waste of time, imo.

Ok now ... the prude in me prevents me from thanking humor posts that skirt the lines of decency, cleanliness, sinking toward potty humor ... and you know who you are. :eye:

BUT ... be aware that I'm LMAO at each and every one of them! Thanks all for the gift of humor in these awful cases! :tyou:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Soccergirl500