Jodi Arias Trial Watchers Thread #1

Status
Not open for further replies.
There is something I noticed right off last week while watching opening statements and talk about this thread and rope... TA's bed really has no place to tie someone up. What I mean is it doesn't have posts or anything. So if the defense is going to state that JA was tied up at some point during their sex then it would have had to be with a big piece of rope and not some tassel. That is how people do it, you don't just tie their hands together and their feet together. not just moo lol

That may be so....:laugh:

However, there was what looked like twisted fabric, like upholstery cord, found in the blood evidence in the bathroom. It doesn't look like what *some people* might play tie-up with, but what was it doing there? Did he grab a pillow with cording during the struggle? How will the defense explain no rope or tie-up material (which was allegedly cut with a knife) found at the scene? I can't believe the defense would try to convince the jury that tassel material was used to play 'tie me up'!

However, there was what looked like twisted fabric, like upholstery cord, found in the blood evidence in the bathroom. It doesn't look like what *some people* might play tie-up with, but what was it doing there? Did he grab a pillow with cording during the struggle? How will the defense explain no rope or tie-up material (which was allegedly cut with a knife) found at the scene? I can't believe the defense would try to convince the jury that tassel material was used to play 'tie me up'!

Hi, Boodles. I haven't seen or heard the evidence, if the cord or whatever was found in the bathroom, it seems more likely that it was used by Jodi to immobilize the fallen Travis. (Some people thrash even after they are for all intents and purposes dead.)

I think it's possible that the guy was Mormon, a virgin and met her and experimented. He thought she was attractive and wanted to have sex. It's not a crime. She thought she was set for life with an attractive, well-to-do guy who had morals and would take care of her. He probably realized he was in too deep, so he cut it off. Due to his religious up bringing and his childhood, it was hard. Who hasn't dealt with a guy that's said "I'll call you" and surprise- dude didn't call? I know I never stalked the dude, moved a few states to be close to him, stalked his new girlfriends, and I sure as hell never ever killed the guy. I moved on. Of course he was immature to sleep with her after. But that doesn't mean he deserved to be murdered brutally- worse than an animal. She didn't just murder him- she butchered him. The things that Arias did before she murdered Travis Alexander, during the murder of Travis Alexander, and after the murder of Travis Alexander scream "this girl deserves the death penalty." It's a slap in the face of a human being who died way too young. She snuffed out a light before its time. LWOP is too good for her because she's too delusional to believe she did anything wrong.

Yes, Tiger09, this thing she did was somehow beyond mere murder -- she killed him three times. Seems to me, it would be a bit hard to get a jury to believe this was self defense -- IMO, if you were truly defending yourself in a life-and-death situation, you'd shoot him in the face (as she apparently did) and GTH out of there.

And even tuffer to explain, IMO, would be if she were just going over there for a visit, WHY THE GUN??? (I guess it's not safe on those streets -- that's the best I could offer, anyway.)
icon8.gif

I am very curious about this as well. Because the prosecution did not send the pieces out to an outside lab for further analysis, I am really hoping there is a reason for this. Such as they already know where it came from.

I think that the part that the gun plays is that this was the premeditation. I think that she went there with the purpose of killing him if he wouldn't cancel the trip to Cancun and go back to Jodi. I think that the knife just happened to be a lucky break for her in that it was available and she used it when the opportunity arose.

Is that true of all murderers? Sounded good in their head at the time? I don't buy it. She murdered him in cold blood. She brought weapons 1,000 miles in order to do it. When he didn't cancel his plans with another woman, she killed him.
End of story. If she couldn't have him on her terms, no one could.

bbm

Plain & simple, IfIMay. You nailed it.

The Prosecution rests, Your Honor.

Period.

It really doesn't make it more complicated. Having poor judgement nor not being able to say no to sex aren't criminal acts. The only issue that complicates matters is the murder in self-defense claim and that Travis was an abuser. She and her defense team have created the bad/good scenario. It wasn't that one was good and the other bad. It was just that one had poor judgement and the other is an enraged psychopath. There is only one victim in this case and it isn't Jodi.

bbm

ITA, pip.

I am in no way defending Jodi
, but since the defense is not an insanity plea, what else have they got?!

bbm

ITA, pip.

I am in no way defending Jodi
, but since the defense is not an insanity plea, what else have they got?!

Hi borndem!

That's the million dollar question! They must have something, right, or they wouldn't be in court. We know there are emails, phone recordings and a DV expert.

I'm wondering whether the prosecution will be brief in its case in chief, the defense will then attempt to bring in lots of stuff to prove "abuse" and chronology, which they will argue about, and then the prosecution will do a lot of refuting the defense assertions.

But I can't imagine how the defense can present a plausible explanation to support that she feared for her life based on a series of events without JA testifying. Who else is there to offer the defense's version?

Did anyone catch NG tonight? A friend of TA - Taylor Searles was on answering questions about TA telling Jodi about anal and oral sex being not as much of a sin as vaginal sex. Taylor confirmed that many Mormon men have rationalized how to circumvent the actual "letter" of the sin. NG gave Taylor an "out" by saying "if" Travis even told Jodi that - Taylor agreed but that was not his first (or most paramount) answer to her question.

I wonder if Jodi has been excommunicated from the church even today? I can guarantee you that Travis never was. Furthermore, Mormons believe in "time and eternity" and do baptisms for the dead. That is the focus on geneology and family history. Mormons believe that all people (living or dead) will not be allowed into the highest degrees of heaven unless they are baptised Mormon. They have "members in good standing" be appointed to a "temple recommend" to go to the temple and be baptised for usually up to 10 deceased people by proxy. The person who is baptised for the dead, is dunked for each name they are representing..... (ie: I baptise you Travis Alexander in the name of Joe Blow who died in 1858 - dunk).

ETA - I felt the need to add tags . . . . maybe I was feeling the need to do some sort of penance. ;-p

There is something I noticed right off last week while watching opening statements and talk about this thread and rope... TA's bed really has no place to tie someone up. What I mean is it doesn't have posts or anything. So if the defense is going to state that JA was tied up at some point during their sex then it would have had to be with a big piece of rope and not some tassel. That is how people do it, you don't just tie their hands together and their feet together. not just moo lol

She could have been tied up on the bed, not to the bed. It is possible that only her hands were tied. Still tied up, would take less rope.

She could have been tied up on the bed, not to the bed. It is possible that only her hands were tied. Still tied up, would take less rope.

It very well could be, I was just stating what I noticed and know. :)

Did anyone catch NG tonight? A friend of TA - Taylor Searles was on answering questions about TA telling Jodi about anal and oral sex being not as much of a sin as vaginal sex. Taylor confirmed that many Mormon men have rationalized how to circumvent the actual "letter" of the sin. NG gave Taylor an "out" by saying "if" Travis even told Jodi that - Taylor agreed but that was not his first (or most paramount) answer to her question.

I wonder if Jodi has been excommunicated from the church even today? I can guarantee you that Travis never was. Furthermore, Mormons believe in "time and eternity" and do baptisms for the dead. That is the focus on geneology and family history. Mormons believe that all people (living or dead) will not be allowed into the highest degrees of heaven unless they are baptised Mormon. They have "members in good standing" be appointed to a "temple recommend" to go to the temple and be baptised for usually up to 10 deceased people by proxy. The person who is baptised for the dead, is dunked for each name they are representing..... (ie: I baptise you Travis Alexander in the name of Joe Blow who died in 1858 - dunk).

ETA - I felt the need to add tags . . . . maybe I was feeling the need to do some sort of penance. ;-p

Why would Travis have to "rape" her? She had sex with him more than willingly, it sounds like.

Did anyone catch NG tonight? A friend of TA - Taylor Searles was on answering questions about TA telling Jodi about anal and oral rape being not as much of a sin as vaginal rape. Taylor confirmed that many Mormon men have rationalized how to circumvent the actual "letter" of the sin. NG gave Taylor an "out" by saying "if" Travis even told Jodi that - Taylor agreed but that was not his first (or most paramount) answer to her question.

I did not see NG but my gosh, How refreshingly honest for Mr. Searles to admit that tidbit about some Mormon men. (Not that he is not honest, but IME info like that is kind of hushed up) How embarrassing to talk about TA and JA sex life in public. I wonder where it is all going. Unless some huge, huge, bombshell about TA gets dropped during court I am not so sure why they are talking about it. Does not sound bad enough for JA to over-kill him. :moo:

Not sure how any of this sexual innuendo leads to death by slaughter...

norest. . . . I caught that I had typed "rape" instead of "sex" and I went back to edit it quickly - apparently not quick enough. NG was also talking about the case of the young girl who was roofied and raped @ a highschool party by football players. Sorry - I didn't mean Travis "raped" Jodi - in fact I am sure it was just the opposite.

After watching Trutv today I am reminded of how much better it was watching courtv during the OJ Simpson case. I think I will stick to watching this case online.

Not sure how any of this sexual innuendo leads to death by slaughter...

I was replying to Popsicle's post upthread about fiber found in TA's house and discussed in court. Fiber from a possible rope, or tassle.

I honestly don't believe that Jodi cared about Travis's inner struggle regarding premarital sex. If anything, it probably made the seduction of Travis even more exciting to this monster. Perhaps SHE pointed out to him that oral/anal sex wasn't as bad in hopes that she could lure him in with this and then move on to full intercourse. I think that we can't figure out a lot of this because we are not able to get into that psycho head of hers...thankfully!

No court today?

I'm sure by now, O-L-G, that you've been told this 5 times, but In Session stops its daily coverage at 3:00pm EST.
ETA: And Arizona Criminal Court only has trial testimony, etc., on Tuesday -- Friday.

I just got caught up on this thread and most of what I think about this case (so far) many of you have already verbalized. The only thing I may have to add is I'm not sure she went ahead with it because he wouldn't cancel the trip. I can see it going down that way but I don't think that ultimatum is even necessary to explain the night and following day she spent with him. I think she was obsessed with TA and that she went there with the intent to murder him. I think she is crackers and I can totally see her spending "one last day with her Precious" before she plans to shoot him. Of course, she ended up doing so much more than that.

I've been surprised to see some excuses being offered here as to the "why" of it. She stabbed him 27 times, SLIT his throat and shot him in the face. WHAT could make anyone who isn't a monster do all of that? Very few things, and most would have to involve your children. He did not bring THAT on himself. He did not contribute to it. She is psycho.

FWIW when someone qualifies a statement like "play with fire and get burned' with "I'm not saying he deserved to die" it reads like "I'm not trying to be mean, but you're ugly"

JMO

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members