Jodi Arias Trial Watchers Thread #1

Status
Not open for further replies.
Travis's supporters who run that Facebook page posted a pic of Jodi in court last week. It's from the day she wore the green blouse. The point: JODI'S FINGERNAILS ARE BEAUTIFULLY MANICURED FRENCH TIPS!!

What kind of jail is that she's in, a BEAUTY SPA?! :jail:

Is that true of all murderers? Sounded good in their head at the time? I don't buy it. She murdered him in cold blood. She brought weapons 1,000 miles in order to do it. When he didn't cancel his plans with another woman, she killed him.
End of story. If she couldn't have him on her terms, no one could.

When you are a sociopath it does.

The parts that don't make sense[/U] are:

2. her and her defense team's belief that she/they can say (and convince anyone) this was a killing due to self-defense.

Self Defense is when you do the bare minimum to get away and get help by calling 911.

In Session ‏@InSession

48 Hours Correspondent Maureen Maher will join us at 2 p.m. ET to talk about her one-on-one jail interview with murder defendant #JodiArias.

I'm listening to the defense's opening statement on In Session. Defense says in "one minute," Jodi dropped camera, Travis went ballistic, and then she attacked him in self-defense...

So how is it that Jodi gets her hand on a knife "in one minute?" They were just having photo fun, right? So why would a knife be RIGHT THERE, in the bathroom?!

What's more, why would Travis want a before & after weight-loss picture taken of him IN THE SHOWER? Plus, the pic I saw of him wet in the shower doesn't even show his new body well. That was NOT a before & after shot!!

So... Where did Jodi find a knife in the bathroom, defense lady? Why was the knife even in the bathroom for a before & after photo session?

The defense is just regurgitating yet another of Jodi's cockamamie tales. Such a shame the State of Arizona has to waste time and money entertaining this goofy, rigged-up defense story.

After listening to the opening statements, this is how I think the defense will try to "explain" the events of the murder, as they have set things up to fit the following scenario:

-JA dropped the camera while TA was in the shower
-TA lunged out of the shower at her, enraged
-JA, fearing for her life, ran down the hall and into the bedroom
-TA continued toward her, verbally threatening to kill her
-JA picks up the knife which was lying near/on the bed
-JA stabs him repeatedly trying to fight him off. He goes down. (This explains the blood in the bedroom hallway)
- Seeing his injuries, she tried to then help him by dragging him into the bathroom (I know, this makes no sense, but you have to explain the "dragging the body" photo)
-In the bathroom, he "revives" miraculously, and she again fears for her life
-She runs to her purse and gets the gun
-She runs back and shoots him to make sure he can't get up and attack her again

Why did she have a gun in her purse? She brought as protection for herself while driving alone on her trip from CA to UT

Why was the knife so conveniently handy? Because TA had tied her up during their previous sex play and used the knife to cut the "rope" (aka upholstery tassles)

Sorry for being so graphic, but I didn't know how else to phrase what I think the defense will attempt to portray.

This is going to be quite a challenge for the defense, IMO. I wonder if anyone can show that the camera was, in fact, mechanically damaged, as in by being dropped onto tile. If not, how will they explain the lack of damage?

Travis's supporters who run that Facebook page posted a pic of Jodi in court last week. It's from the day she wore the green blouse. The point: JODI'S FINGERNAILS ARE BEAUTIFULLY MANICURED FRENCH TIPS!!

I googled the Maricopa County jail and found the contracts for the canteen items. I think she used colored pencils to do that. You can moisten the tip and the colored lead is like paint.

The inmates can also purchase foam rollers, eyeliner, eyeshadow, mascara and Wet n Wild lipstick. :google:

Watching TruTV coverage of this first day of trial. On the stand is the woman who TA asked to go to Cancun with him. She states he won the trip @ work but they were going to be staying @ an LDS member's home and she would be sleeping in the family's girls bedroom.

Mimi (?) the witness is discussing excommunication in the church. She states that pre-marital sex is considered a serious sin and both male and females would be held to the same standard. If the LDS member's indescretions are found out, they could be excommunicated from the church (meaning their names would be removed from the church roles, they would need to repent and have to be re-baptised).

This information just solidifies how much TA and JA needed to keep their sexual escapades secret from everyone. TA would not be inclined to boast about his sexual affairs with JA with his friends - due to this very reason. Keeping secrets and telling lies are the only way to survive as a Mormon in good standing (in my experience). As long as there are no others that can prove you are doing something against the church - you can continue to hold your head high and pretend to be without sin.

It should be noted, in my experience - Men were held to a completely different standard than women. Men were often "disfellowshipped" vs. being "excommunicated" for the same discretions. Disfellowship means they cannot hold an "office" (ie: be an elder, a priest, a bishop, etc) until they have been forgiven by the "Quorum" members in power of their ward (church). It is a step down from being ex-communicated. Often, if members continue to pay their 10% tithing and continue to be involved in the church - they will be forgiven quite quickly and be reinstated from their "disfellowship" within a much shorter period of time.

These are my experiences and my opinions on this and not meant to offend anyone.

Joining....I am in AZ and oddly I had never heard of this case until today when I was flipping channels. Usually big time stuff makes news all over the state but not this one...don't know how I missed this.

I noticed that on In Session today. Can you really get that in Jail!?

I don't believe in the "dropped Travis' new camera and he got mad" theory. I do believe she was lying in wait with her weapons and camera until she knew she had him in a vulnerable position, took the pic of him in the shower, where he looks kind of stunned and promptly exited the shower. I would guess the stab wounds to the back were the first ones she delivered (he may have turned his back to her to try and find his own defensive weapon, then he swung around and she continued to stab him in the chest and heart. Cold blooded murder, simply!

With all due respect I am in the middle of a psych degree .I am fully aware of the biological reasoning behind why men are more likely to be less emotionally invested when sex is involved and why women are more apt to think
twice. There being a reason for it does not change the fact that
it is present and because "it is reality", it is glazed over by society.

It is ok if he continues to bed a "psychopath" because he is a man and
cannot help himself? His sex drive is so strong that he can ignore
her slitting his tires, her threats to friends and her apparent breakins?

He did nothing but accept sex from a psychopath? So he didn't
talk to her on the phone as witness by phone records? He didn't email
back and forth with her as discussed in court already?
He did not enter into a financial contract with her also represented in court?
While I do not think she's innocent I do think there is more to the
story. For those who think its cut and dry and all he did was objectify
the woman and that's fine. That's where I see a double standard.

Oh poor guy all he did was have sex with an unstable woman and pull her strings. While we are talking about biology I guess that means if she killed him out of jealousy ( a biologically motivated response as well) then she is hardly
responsible for her actions.

It all depends on when all this telephone and email activity took place doesn't it?

I lean towards believing that early on in the relationship both probably were emailing one another like mad. Same for spending hours on the telephone.

But once it got to the slashing tires and threatening new girlfriends is where I believe TA's responses to JA may have been to the point and maybe even brutal. Me, I would have been filing a restraining order against anyone sneaking into my house thru the pet door. But Travis was a man and maybe had that 'a man can take care of himself' attitude. Or maybe he was trying not to get her in trouble with the law.

I know JA can lie with the best of them so at this point until I see supporting evidence I don't believe that Travis gave her that T shirt, I don't believe that he gave his passwords to her, I don't believe the french maid outfit.

And I don't believe he wasn't 100% innocent in having that berserk monster stab him 29 times, shoot him in the face and slash his throat from ear to ear.

Is that true of all murderers? Sounded good in their head at the time? I don't buy it. She murdered him in cold blood. She brought weapons 1,000 miles in order to do it. When he didn't cancel his plans with another woman, she killed him.
End of story. If she couldn't have him on her terms, no one could.

Totally agree!:furious:

I have just started following this case, but can't figure out why the media is portraying this cold, plain looking woman as a brunette "beauty"? Am I missing something? :waitasec:

being in prison has kinda dampened her looks....but I agree:what:

It will be interesting to see how this plays out. I do hope justice is served.

Does anyone know, Is court in AZ always Tues - Thurs? Thanks

That's what I remember from an Arizona criminal trial a while back. I've wracked my brain & cannot remember which one it was, however (doesn't matter, other that driving me crazy due to my lack of memory). I watched that one, as I am the Arias trial, on IS....

Yes, trials (at least criminal or murder trials) are in session from Tues--Fri. Monday is a "paperwork-" type day, and time is used for hearing discussions with the principals, without the jury present, etc., etc., so that, as much as possible, jury time won't be wasted.

I don't have cable TV or access to cable TV. Is there somewhere online that I can listen to opening statements since I missed those last week? Thanks in advance.

I don't believe in the "dropped Travis' new camera and he got mad" theory. I do believe she was lying in wait with her weapons and camera until she knew she had him in a vulnerable position, took the pic of him in the shower, where he looks kind of stunned and promptly exited the shower. I would guess the stab wounds to the back were the first ones she delivered (he may have turned his back to her to try and find his own defensive weapon, then he swung around and she continued to stab him in the chest and heart. Cold blooded murder, simply!
Rage and emotion filled....geez louise. Getting caught up and I am just...wow. This is incredibly ugly.

That's what I remember from an Arizona criminal trial a while back. I've wracked my brain & cannot remember which one it was, however (doesn't matter, other that driving me crazy due to my lack of memory). I watched that one, as I am the Arias trial, on IS....

Yes, trials (at least criminal or murder trials) are in session from Tues--Fri. Monday is a "paperwork-" type day, and time is used for hearing discussions with the principals, without the jury present, etc., etc., so that, as much as possible, jury time won't be wasted.

It was that way for the Dr. Bradley Schwartz trial I remember....it may not be the one you are remembering but it used to drive me nuts through that trial until I learned how AZ trials seem to work in general.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Aegon_the_Conqueror