Joel Brodsky Is Demanding Drew Peterson's Release From Jail!

During the June 18th pre trial hearing, the defense requested a ban on Stacy's name during Peterson's trial. Does anyone know if this was granted?

I'm not sure about the ban on Stacy's name being mentioned, but the Judge was going to allow some portions of Pastor Neil Schori's testimony in regards to what Stacy told him, so Pastor Schori would have to mention Stacy's name in order to repeat what she said.

What the prosecution is concerned about is that important pieces of direct hearsay evidence is not being allowed, and that's what the prosecution is taking before the appellate court. The prosecution is hoping the appellate court will look at all the testimony given at the January pre-trial hearing and rule that significant portions of the hearsay evidence can come into the trial.

The good news is that there must be "compelling" reasons in order to keep Drew locked up under the law. There is a lot of evidence under seal that we don't know about and I have to believe that it has something to do with a case against the murder of Stacey. I base that all on the Peoria activity.

JMO

The good news is that there must be "compelling" reasons in order to keep Drew locked up under the law. There is a lot of evidence under seal that we don't know about and I have to believe that it has something to do with a case against the murder of Stacey. I base that all on the Peoria activity.

JMO

Closeobserver.....................I agree. I think it's likely that a lot of the sealed material is in regards to the search for Stacy and the facts surrounding her disappearance. I'm hoping that the appellate court will have the whole package to look at and will deem the bulk of the hearsay testimony be allowed in the trial.

One of the things that Judge White denied is under the "prior bad acts" category, and that's the testimony of Eric Peterson, Drew's oldest son. Eric testified at the pre-trial hearing that he and his brother, Steven, then young teenagers, were at the house the day Drew dragged Kathleen into the house by her hair and beat her up over a period of hours. While they didn't witness the fight as they had been ordered to their room, they heard Kathleen's screams and the sound of things being knocked over. The next morning Kathleen was gone.......probably to a family member's house.

Since Kathleen was eventually murdered, I think Eric's testimony is important as it shows that Drew was physically abusive toward Kathleen.

http://cbs2chicago.com/local/drew.peterson.appeal.2.1888113.html

An Illinois appeals court has turned down a bid to let Drew Peterson out of jail while appeals in the murder case against him are sorted out.

The 3rd District Appellate Court gave no explanation in turning down Peterson's request. Defense attorneys were notified of the decision Monday.

http://abclocal.go.com/wls/story?section=news/local&id=7641482

August 31, 2010 (WLS) -- Accused southwest suburban killer and retired Bolingbrook police sergeant Drew Peterson is staying in a Joliet jail while appeals in his murder case are sorted out.

The state's 3rd District Appellate Court on Monday shot down Peterson's effort to be released.

Peterson has been in jail since May 2009 when bond was set at $20 million after he was arrested for murder in the 2004 death of his third wife, Kathleen Savio. He's pleaded not guilty.

http://www.wlsam.com/Article.asp?id=1936575&spid=

Justice isn't cheap.

Or it doesn't seem to be for Will County State's Attorney Jim Glasgow.

Perhaps that's because his office has been handling some unusual cases lately: the prosecution of Drew Peterson, the former Bolingbrook police sergeant charged with the death of his third wife while also suspected in the disappearance of his fourth wife; the investigation of the 2008 murders in Tinley Park of five women inside a Lane Bryant clothing store; and the death penalty prosecution of Christopher Vaughn, an Oswego man charged with killing his wife and three children in 2007, among others.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Buffalosleuther
Back