John Ramsey may run for MI legislature

IF nothing else, it should bring out the muckrackers and maybe we'll hear something new. Maybe this will be the catalyst that is needed to get the case moving in the proper direction again (that would be toward finding and prosecuting the killer, as opposed to everyone covering their a$$)

Toth I think it would be a refreshing change to have someone in the Michigan legislature who was a successful businessman who lived up to his principles rather than some sneaky lout who has been feeding at the public trough for years and will sell any principles he has left for a few campaign dollars.[/QUOTE said:
Yes, it would be refreshing. But since they can't find such a person, they'll allow John Ramsey to run.

I predict: John Ramsey will NOT run. When political dirt diggers get started, they will put out stuff that not even Lin Wood can fight.

It just goes to show how out of touch with the real world John and Patsy are.
Walling themselves off from the world, hiding behind slimey lawyers, moving from state to state, not watching television (so they claim) or reading newspapers - yeah, what a great politician John Ramsey would make. "Hey - let me represent you! But wait till I pull my head out of the sand (or another choice location)~"

The arrogance continues.....

There was a running joke when Swartzeneggar was mentioned as a candidate for Gov. in Calif. that a person could get face time by announcing he or she was NOT running for Governor. This is more of the same. JR can appear normal, respectible and innocent by saying he is not running. He can appear more normal, respectible and more innocent if he says he will not serve as Pope either.

Ah, this is just what the folks in Charlevoix need: A politician with the baggage that John Ramsey carries with him. I say the Republicans will never let it happen.

Someone who has actually "grown a brain" in the Republican party will never let John Ramsey represent Republicans with the history and baggage he carries. As a public figure, especially as someone who is running for office, these scandals of adultery and this murder will be more than the party can bear IMO. But then again, stranger things have happened.

Let's not forget: While I may not be one of the theorists that believe John was molesting JBR, there are many others out there that do. Don't think for one minute that those who theorize John as being a pedophile and those who believe Nancy Krebs and her stories of John Ramsey being part of a sex ring along with White Sr. won't be vocal. When that hits the airwaves during campaigns, it should be quite the talk of the town and more.

I predict it will never happen. I'm sure he will offer up a different excuse not to run, but nonetheless, nobody will be more surprised than me if he chooses to campaign.

Barbara said:
Someone who has actually "grown a brain" in the Republican party will never let John Ramsey represent Republicans with the history and baggage he carries. As a public figure, especially as someone who is running for office, these scandals of adultery and this murder will be more than the party can bear IMO. But then again, stranger things have happened.

John Ramsey = Republican version of Ted Kennedy. How ironic if, having deemed Patsy as his "Jackie Kennedy," John is forced to deal with JonBenet as his Mary Jo Kopechne.

why_nutt said:
John Ramsey = Republican version of Ted Kennedy. How ironic if, having deemed Patsy as his "Jackie Kennedy," John is forced to deal with JonBenet as his Mary Jo Kopechne.

Perhaps, but I see John Ramsey having a number of things going for him. For instance:

o Name recognition is important in local political elections, and John Ramsey has that.

o Campaign financing is critical and that shouldn't be a problem for John Ramsey.

o I doubt if his opponents will bring up negative stuff about the murder if it reflects badly on JonBenet.

o Voters are generally forgiving about personal transgressions of candidates.

o John holds a bachelor's degree and a master's degree from Michigan State.

o And it will depend largely on who his opponent is in the general election, and I don't think the Democrats will field a big name against him.

JMO

candy said:

I think there may be a more selfish reason John Ramsey is considering running for public office. It has to do with the same thing they've been trying to do for 7 years: revamp their "image." Same reason they hired the despicable Lin Wood to do their bidding.
I can see it now. Lin Wood: 'John Ramsey believes he can accomplish more for murdered children and the memory of his daughter by involving himself in the political process than he could in the private sector."

Just you wait.....

K777angel said:
I can see it now. Lin Wood: 'John Ramsey believes he can accomplish more for murdered children and the memory of his daughter by involving himself in the political process than he could in the private sector."

Just you wait.....

And we shall be right on Wood's heels, pointing out that John's droning on in the House chambers about land use regulations and a streamlined sales tax is hardly a testament to JonBenet's legacy.

State or Federal level....this man should not be in ANY governmental office, and should not even be allowed to be a public sector employee...

Toth, IMO, you either present farcical opinions to bait us, or perhaps you are truly a member of the John Birch society, or something similar...

WhyNutt, thanks for the information!!

River....I'm 100% with ya! :)

I also have this question: As he has not been offically "cleared" of the various types of murder, manslaughter, and accessory to murder charges~that is, he remains under an umbrella of suspicion (which I take to mean that he continues to be investigated)~is he "cleared" to run for State office? What say ye attorneys out there...Maybe they can concurrently re-investigate him because he's throwing his hat in the ring...??

cappuccina said:
State or Federal level....this man should not be in ANY governmental office, and should not even be allowed to be a public sector employee...

I also have this question: As he has not been offically "cleared" of the various types of murder, manslaughter, and accessory to murder charges~that is, he remains under an umbrella of suspicion (which I take to mean that he continues to be investigated)~is he "cleared" to run for State office? What say ye attorneys out there...Maybe they can concurrently re-investigate him because he's throwing his hat in the ring...??

Of course you are entitled to your opinion regarding JR's fitness for public office, but there is no law that prevents him from holding that office or any other job in America. He has not been convicted of anything connected to his daughter's death, or anything else to my knowledge. The papers are filled with articles about politicians who have been convicted of crimes before, during and after they were in office. Consider the previous post which referred to Ted Kennedy. He doesn't have to be "cleared" to run for State office, nor investigated. Perhaps what you are referring to is "dirt" or skeletons in the closet each side attempts to dig up on the other which is then reported in kind by the media.

In most states all you have to do to run for public office is to be a U.S. citizen and live in the district you want to represent. Even convicted felons can run for public office in most places.

JMO

Toth said:
Why would that be relevant?

Just for starters, he is an admitted adulterer. Doesn't matter how many years ago, he is still an admitted adulterer. People will find out and his opponents will capitalize on that.

It's even in his own book

That's just for starters.

AND in the real world he will always be John Ramsey, father of JonBenet Ramsey and considered by many to be one of the "suspects" in her murder.

I'd say that is pretty relevant. Just ask Gary Condit

Why do you, Toth, continue to spit in the face of the administration who have asked that disclaimers accompany all posts? Are you above it all?

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Soccergirl500
Back