Jonah Shacknai requested the investigation be reviewed

If the COD for the second investigation are the same, will you be satisfied?

• Yes-I will believe case closed.

Votes: 19 30.6%
  • No- This was clearly a homicide.

Votes: 27 43.5%
  • I dont think we will ever learn the truth regardless.

Votes: 16 25.8%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
for the second round of investigation, they need to post all the evidence and be as detailed as possible, bring in additional experts or replace the team of investigators :floorlaugh: to convince the public and media. no more incredulous miss-steps in evidence presentation like missing cellphone records. not bothering to interview the Zahaus, not bothering to re-create the scene, etc etc

Depends upon who does the investigation and if the findings are unbiased and truly founded on the science of the evidence found.

for the second round of investigation, they need to post all the evidence and be as detailed as possible, bring in additional experts or replace the team of investigators :floorlaugh: to convince the public and media. no more incredulous miss-steps in evidence presentation like missing cellphone records. not bothering to interview the Zahaus, not bothering to re-create the scene, etc etc

There were no missing phone records. If you look at the search warrants, they not only took everyone's phones, but they even took electrical cords, baseball bats, and any item that could be used in a blunt force trauma type of attack. I'm very impressed with the recent findings. Looks like all four independent investigations were thorough.

For me, it's the manner of death (suicide) that is in question.

The poll asks about the cause of death, which has been determined by the ME who performed the autopsy to be "hanging" (AR, page 4).

https://docs.google.com/viewer?a=v&...1Mi00NGE4LWEyZDgtMjc3OWUxZTYzYmY5&hl=en&pli=1

I don't understand why the cause of death is reported as "hanging" when the actual cause of death was from asphyxiation.

Hanging was the apparent mechanism of death (or terminal event) that resulted in death, not the "cause" of death, IMO.

Anyhow, I don't dispute that the cause of death was asphyxiation, or that the mechanism of death (the terminal event) was hanging.

What I dispute (at this point in time) is the manner of death (suicide), based upon the currently available information.

Even if an independent autopsy is performed (hopefully by Dr. Wecht) and even if an independent investigation is conducted, I fear that potential evidence may have already been lost, due to the crime scene (both primary & secondary) having been released.

Not to mention that the crime scene was contaminated prior to being processed (LE boot print on the balcony).

My answer to the OP: No, I will not necessarily be satisfied with a subsequent finding that reaches the same conclusion of suicide as the manner of death. It will take something substantial to change my mind, i.e. compelling evidence.

As always, my posts are MOO.

Did Jonah request the case be re opened?? I clicked on this thread and its a poll asking if one would be satisfied it reopened and found to be same results??? I was wanting to know if Jonah had indeed made this request to have it reopened or if that's just a hypothetical??

Did Jonah request the case be re opened?? I clicked on this thread and its a poll asking if one would be satisfied it reopened and found to be same results??? I was wanting to know if Jonah had indeed made this request to have it reopened or if that's just a hypothetical??

Earlier upthread there is a link to the letter JS wrote. He did not ask specifically to 'reopen' the case, he asked that there be some clarification and some discussion of the findings to help answer the many questions still surrounding the case.

ETA: Jonah has asked the California Attorney General to look into both deaths.

http://abcnews.go.com/US/mansion-dea...ry?id=14562097

http://abcnews.go.com/GMA/page/lette...neral-14563347

"For this reason, and to further enhance the
public's confidence in the integrity of the law enforcement process and finally bring closure
to these terrible tragedies, I would respectfully request that you undertake to evaluate the
investigatory methods and conclusions of the San Diego and Coronado authorities in this
case. "

There were no missing phone records. If you look at the search warrants, they not only took everyone's phones, but they even took electrical cords, baseball bats, and any item that could be used in a blunt force trauma type of attack. I'm very impressed with the recent findings. Looks like all four independent investigations were thorough.
Well, it certainly seems that the families are not in any way impressed with the findings or the investigations, and that's not just Rebecca's family.. With Jonah's requesting the California Attorney General take a look at the cases and clarify as well as answer the many questions surrounding the case that are aplenty..

It certainly appears as tho none of the parties involved are impressed whatsoever with the results.. Now going ^above^ Coronado to the ATTY general in hopes to get the important and relevant questions answered..

And if those up close and personal are not impressed in the least then I'd say it's likely not that thorough and certainly nit impressive investigation(s) that took place.. MOO

If the case is reopened and the determination of COD remains the same (suicide), will you be satisfied that the case has been closed?

We would first have to know if the results were the same or different. Including Max' death.

If two entirely different justice agencies investigated the case and came to the same conclusion then of course I would then consider the case closed if the conclusions were the same.

Well, it certainly seems that the families are not in any way impressed with the findings or the investigations, and that's not just Rebecca's family.. With Jonah's requesting the California Attorney General take a look at the cases and clarify as well as answer the many questions surrounding the case that are aplenty..

It certainly appears as tho none of the parties involved are impressed whatsoever with the results.. Now going ^above^ Coronado to the ATTY general in hopes to get the important and relevant questions answered..

And if those up close and personal are not impressed in the least then I'd say it's likely not that thorough and certainly nit impressive investigation(s) that took place.. MOO

I really don't think anything is going to convince Dina Shacknai her only son accidentally fell over the banister to his death.

And I don't think anything is going to convince the Zahau family that it was a suicide.

I think Jonah wants it to be thoroughly investigated again and if the conclusions are the same then maybe he thinks this will stop the speculations about him and his family. It sure shows me he has nothing to hide.

imo

I hope that the family's are brought better closure from the multitude of questions being answered.. And there are a multitude of questions left unanswered.. I don't know that Dina will ever get over her hatred and blame she had toward Rebecca, but I do believe where Rebecca's family is concerned that there is a chance of receiving some closure.. That IMO is well worth it.. They deserve to have the mountains of unanswered questions ATLEAST many of those resolved with answers

I voted NO because I will continue to think this was a homicide.

JS could have just made the request in order to look good. JMO

Depends upon who does the investigation and if the findings are unbiased and truly founded on the science of the evidence found.

There were not enough choices for me to vote in the poll. I agree 100 percent with the above post by SunnieRN.

I hope that the family's are brought better closure from the multitude of questions being answered.. And there are a multitude of questions left unanswered.. I don't know that Dina will ever get over her hatred and blame she had toward Rebecca, but I do believe where Rebecca's family is concerned that there is a chance of receiving some closure.. That IMO is well worth it.. They deserve to have the mountains of unanswered questions ATLEAST many of those resolved with answers

That deserved to be repeated. Thank you!

I will not be satisfied. I think $$$ speak far and wide and for all we know JS could be buddy buddy with the person he is writing to. There is alot of corruption in our government and our police force. I will only be satisfied if I learn what they look into. Where poor Rebecca learned to do mariners knots and that method of suicide etc. If they come up with proof of that I may believe it was suicide. I don't think JS has any worries about what they will find because he knows $$ speak.

We have a bunch of polls asking similar questions, so I am going to close this one and leave the results available.

Thank you for your time everyone!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member