Jose Baez

Status
Not open for further replies.
Jose Baez Repeatedly Told To Stop Touching Casey During Jail Visits
Friday, October 31, 2008 – updated: 8:43 am EDT October 31, 2008

ORANGE COUNTY, Fla. -- In the past two weeks Casey Anthony's attorney Jose Baez has visited her at the jail, seven out of 14 days.

Eyewitness News has discovered that on at least two occasions jail staff had to step in and Baez was warned repeatedly about hugging Casey during their visits.:slap:

A jail report states: "The inmate's attorney was observed hugging inmate and was advised that physical contact was prohibited."

Then a week later another report stated: "Baez again observed hugging his client.":slap: :slap:

The room Baez and Anthony meet in is very small and typically there is a desk and two chairs.

Sources told Eyewitness News that on one occasion, Anthony was sitting and Baez was very close to her face. A corrections officer had to go into the room to separate them.:slap: :slap: :slap:

Eyewitness News confronted Jose Baez about the situation.

"I have no comment," he said.:lipssealed: :ashamed:

respectfully snipped.

im sorry but your use of the :slap: made me ROFLMFAO.

i like your sense of humor!

- that's all.

:blowkiss:

To be fair, I think the lawyer is the only one that actually gets to meet her face to face in an open room. I believe family visits are either closed circuit TV or through a glass partition.

The options for Orange County Jail are as follows (as I know them):

1) The attorney can visit the inmate in his or her cell;
2) The attorney can visit the inmate in a special room with a glass partition between them (attorney in one small room with glass, client on the other side);
3) The attorney can meet the inmate in the main room (open to all) and sit around an old beat up table that is in the women's dorm. [I don't know if this option is open for people on Casey's status.]

So, if I was to **assume** this happened, then it's either option 1 or option 3. He could not have hugged her through the glass. Guards are around all of these options.

This makes me sick too!! He has definately crossed an ethical relationship with her. All those lonely hours they spent alone in his office means they were up to no good! He needs to be arrested for misconduct at the least!

Ya know at the end of the day somebody just needs to step up and ask the A's this one question when they undoubtedly will say this is all crap from the media in an attempt to nail their daughter...........even if she did not harm her daughter......she is missing.....does any of this present a mother who is sad her child is gone??????? As someone on here posted "we did not lose her you witch.....you go find her!!!"
I love it. This one statement says it all:furious:

i doubt casey even knows what its like to "need a hug"

other than craving the attention of a man...

blech.

still makes me gag.

Jose, I'm sure whatever Casey is telling you about your "relationship" is true and is worth risking your marriage and career over. You cannot be that dumb.

I have always thought that there was more going on with this lawyer/client situation. If you look at the pictures of them, they are usually touching somewhere. Holding hands, hugging, her face in his neck, him being the gentleman and holding open her door, etc. Spending 6 hours a day in his office...wow, can you imagine the stories his office staff could share?? That would be priceless!! They HAVE to have a clue as to what was going on there. On the flip side, since she was spending about 30+ hours a week in his office preparing, they should have ALL their ducks in a row!! JB has the best of both worlds...getting paid to babysit her AND something extra! Or, maybe this is how he's getting paid!! LOL My bad...

Let me get this straight, you guys are crucifying this man, accusing him of adultery, and dragging his name through the mud because of a couple of hugs and the fact that he doesn't wear a wedding ring??? Call me naive, but I don't get it and I don't see him ruining his career for Casey Anthony. Maybe he never wore a ring. Maybe he gained a few pounds and it won't fit any longer... You never know. There is no evidence of an affair. Your "hunches," "gut feelings," and "intuitions" are not proof of any of that occurring.

Baez is an attorney doing a job. I've noticed the "witch hunt" mentality towards attorneys on a few boards here. I can understand your frustration, but why do people want to crucify the attorney along with the client??? The attorney did nothing wrong. Casey Anthony is the criminal here. Not Jose Baez. I guess it comes with the territory when defending someone accused of such heinous crimes (and when you're defending a *advertiser censored* like Casey). :rolleyes:

Have you guys considered that maybe they are close because Casey and his daughter are close or were close at one point. I have hugged my close friend's parents before.... Just a thought.

This is just my opinion so please don't take it the wrong way.

Where's Caylee's hug? Not even a pic of her in the cell.

My thoughts exactly!!!! And it is my opinion JB is a dimwit (can I say that?) for even getting close to KC. First they reprimand him for hugging her:nono:, then they warn him that he is sitting to close..... and then he has to be reprimanded again for hugging her ???????? :eek:ther_beatingA_Dead

This guy is SUPPOSED to be intelligent enough to represent KC in court and is SUPPOSED to be held to the highest level of INTEGRITY??????

PLZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZ...:puke:

Jose, I'm sure whatever Casey is telling you about your "relationship" is true and is worth risking your marriage and career over. You cannot be that dumb.

Don't be too sure. :) It took him how long to pass the bar? He did pass, didn't he?

Just kidding! :)

I have always thought that there was more going on with this lawyer/client situation. If you look at the pictures of them, they are usually touching somewhere. Holding hands, hugging, her face in his neck, him being the gentleman and holding open her door, etc. Spending 6 hours a day in his office...wow, can you imagine the stories his office staff could share?? That would be priceless!! They HAVE to have a clue as to what was going on there. On the flip side, since she was spending about 30+ hours a week in his office preparing, they should have ALL their ducks in a row!! JB has the best of both worlds...getting paid to babysit her AND something extra! Or, maybe this is how he's getting paid!! LOL My bad...

While it is inappropriate IMO on the professional level for JB to be sharing any touching or hugging with any female client I find it is highly unlikely he would risk his marriage and or career for CA. IMO he's just been sucked in by her and if anything it just shows what a good manipulator that she is and that JB has compassion for his clients.

Let me get this straight, you guys are crucifying this man, accusing him of adultery, and dragging his name through the mud because of a couple of hugs and the fact that he doesn't wear a wedding ring??? Call me naive, but I don't get it and I don't see him ruining his career for Casey Anthony. Maybe he never wore a ring. Maybe he gained a few pounds and it won't fit any longer... You never know. There is no evidence of an affair. Your "hunches," "gut feelings," and "intuitions" are not proof of any of that occurring.

Baez is an attorney doing a job. I've noticed the "witch hunt" mentality towards attorneys on a few boards here. I can understand your frustration, but why do people want to crucify the attorney along with the client??? The attorney did nothing wrong. Casey Anthony is the criminal here. Not Jose Baez. I guess it comes with the territory when defending someone accused of such heinous crimes (and when you're defending a *advertiser censored* like Casey). :rolleyes:

Have you guys considered that maybe they are close because Casey and his daughter are close or were close at one point. I have hugged my close friend's parents before.... Just a thought.

This is just my opinion so please don't take it the wrong way.

He is supposed to be a professional. That kind of behavior is not that of a professional nature. Like many others have said, he should know that he is not supposed to touch Casey in jail, let alone hug her. I think that several news stations are reporting this for a reason. JMO.

Eyewitness news' legal analyst Bill Schaeffer said it's unusual that an attorney would ever touch a client.

"The more experience you are in handling these type of clients or situation, the less likely you are to place yourself in a situation that could be regarded as a compromising situation," said Schaeffer.

When Casey was out on bond, there were several times that she would spend six hours a day at Baez's office including Saturdays. There's nothing criminal about having a relationship with a client, but Schaeffer said there are ethical issues.

"The appellate court could find that relationship overstepped the bounds of attorney client relationship and affected that performance and order a new trial," he said.

NUFF SAID!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member