Joyce Meyer to testify via recordings ***POLL ADDED***

Should Joyce Meyer be required to testify in person?

• No, I trust the judge's reasons

Votes: 11 15.9%
  • Yes, she should testify in person just like anyone else

Votes: 54 78.3%
  • I don't know

Votes: 3 4.3%
  • Other: please explain

Votes: 1 1.4%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
You are right, Wrinkles. Thanks for pointing that out. I had looked too hard for it I guess - I knew I had read it somewhere, but my old blind eyes just don't see as well as they used to!

I also agree on the "praying for Chris" thing. I don't know what else she could have said - and I hope her prayer includes the words "lead Chris to do what is just and right"!

I certainly don't think Joyce is a party to anything that happened. I don't even fault her for looking the other way about the affair, or giving Chris $10,000 the day after the murders (which probably went straight to his defense fund, judging from the size of the headstones and the fact that his dad performed the funeral). I just think it's a little insensitive for her to say that she still prays for him when she's never said anything about praying for Sheri's family. MOO. Sorry if it sounded like I was accusing her of being involved in the crime somehow. She certainly could be praying for him to repent, which is laudable, but I don't see how a woman of God could fail to offer prayers for the murdered as well.

Joyce Myers made a public appearance to support Chris within hours after the murder happened. She then gave Chris $10,000. I'm sure she now realizes that was a mistake. But she has never publicly supported Sheri's family or friends. Of course, now she wouldn't because she's the target of a civil suit to be conducted after the criminal trial. But she still never has said anything publicly to console or support those who loved Sheri. Another thing that casts a negative light on JM is that the employee policies of JMM are part of the motive for the murder. Sure, she didn't do it, or even conspire to commit murder, but it's hard to believe that she didn't know about the affair, and she did know that CC and Sheri's marriage was on the rocks, and that CC claimed to be getting threatening messages. I'm sorry, but it's hard not to dislike JM regardless of your religious views. She bears a measure of culpability in this, now matter how you slice it. IMHO.

I totally disagree. She bears no culpability in this what so ever.

I think she believed he was innocent at first and that's why she supported him. I'm sure the fact someone she thought she knew had killed his wife and children was very hard for her to imagine.

Her divorce policy played no role in this either IMO.

I totally disagree. She bears no culpability in this what so ever.

I think she believed he was innocent at first and that's why she supported him. I'm sure the fact someone she thought she knew had killed his wife and children was very hard for her to imagine.

Her divorce policy played no role in this either IMO.

Just out of curiosity....How do you feel about the ministries choice to not have the threats investigated?

Just out of curiosity....How do you feel about the ministries choice to not have the threats investigated?

Do we know exactly what JMM did or did not do? Who was in charge of that? Was JM in charge of everything that happens in her LARGE ministry?

i have been on many Corporate trips. Rooms are bought in blocks. You see each other passing in the halls, at meals, at the pool, etc.

I hope we see where Chris room was in these hotels in comparison to rooms of other executives in the Ministry. If he took Tara to Hawaii and on various other junkets...how was she never "seen?"

Or are their receipts from her room elsewhere? If so, was Chris disappearing instead of taking meals with colleagues.

Remember Sherri had spoken to the "Ministry" of her marital problems. If, as the depos reveal, she was showing friends Internet pictures of Tara..and describing her husband's lover and infidelity..certainly she did this with the Ministry.

So they would be aware and alert on these trips. If they turned a blind eye, if Chris' had just one room in their block of rooms...this would be devastating to their "Moral Image."

Here was a real Christian woman begging them for help to save her marriage and perhaps the same ministry was enavling the Love trysts.

In one depo, the friend speaks of Sherri's sad reaction to her Pastor inlaws mocking their former daughter-in-law in the presence of the new one. Obviouslly, though this Pastor is affliated loosely with Joyce Myer...they had no problem with divorce.

And wasn't it the Pastor-Dad who pointed police to Tara right after the murders. Were Chris family enabling te affair? Remember his alleged comments that Sherri was keeping him from "God's will?' Was this coming from his Father?

The fake threat letters rage about "hypocrisy." Interesting from a psychological standpoint.

I hope we learn ALL the details from these trips.

What if Chris considered himself the real "victim" of hypocriscy?

What if he knew that the ministry had no problem with him bringing his mistress on trips but..for PR purposes, they warned him they would have to fire from his well-paying job him if he left Sherri.

So he was trapped in their public image.

Wouldn't that fuel rage?

Do we know exactly what JMM did or did not do? Who was in charge of that? Was JM in charge of everything that happens in her LARGE ministry?

Don't you think that if JMM had investigated the threats that they would have traced them back to Chris? JM and her ministry were aware of the death threats and whether or not JM personally investigated them or told someone else to do it, it should have been taken seriously and someone should have investigated them or turned them over to the police. Those death threats were no joking matter and should have been handled in a serious manner, for no reason other than they were targeting not only a JMM employee and his wife but also their 2 innocent children.

I just cannot understand why anyone would mess around with those death threats. Would Bill Gates and Apple ignore death threats? No! I know my employer would not fool around with something so serious?

Also if JMM had reported them to the Fenton PD or even Jefferson County PD surely they would have thoroughly investigated them.

JMO

Don't you think that if JMM had investigated the threats that they would have traced them back to Chris? JM and her ministry were aware of the death threats and whether or not JM personally investigated them or told someone else to do it, it should have been taken seriously and someone should have investigated them or turned them over to the police. Those death threats were no joking matter and should have been handled in a serious manner, for no reason other than they were targeting not only a JMM employee and his wife but also their 2 innocent children.

I just cannot understand why anyone would mess around with those death threats. Would Bill Gates and Apple ignore death threats? No! I know my employer would not fool around with something so serious?

Also if JMM had reported them to the Fenton PD or even Jefferson County PD surely they would have thoroughly investigated them.

JMO

In thinking about this - has JM made a statement about this, or gone into any detail about the death threats? I ask because I got to thinking about Chris writing the death threats, and I'm pretty sure he wouldn't REALLY have wanted anyone investigating them. That would have thrown his plans off kilter. It will be interesting to hear her testimony and find out what exactly Chris said to her.

JMO

But you can not blame JM personally. In order to do that, we would have to have a whole lot more info on what exact steps were taken. How many employees does JMM have? Is JM personally responsible for every action at the ministry? For every employee at the ministry?

I'm sure, like Bill Gates, she has "people" to handle issues.

The officer across the street knew about the death threats... Is it his fault that greater care was not made for him to go to JM and pursue the very source of the threats OR to insist that some detectives from the unit pursue the matter? After all, he was an officer of the law. In our area, LE cannot do much of anything due to a death threat and UNTIL an action is taken against your life, by then it might be too late.

Might we guess that maybe JM's ministry gets tons of death threats? Did we hear that CC told those at JM ministries that he didn't think the threats were problematic? What did those at JM hear from Chris about these threats. What did he offer them in terms of real concern about the threats OR did he say, "Oh it is probably just some crackpot." JM evidently offered to buy security equipment for the family, CC refused that offer. Go figure! (evidently he told them, "She knows how to use a gun") The officer across the street offered certain help in getting security equipment together, CC refused (I believe the officer offered to call a particular company, ISP? to get a piece of equipment.)

Check out Kathy La Plante's statement. I think that in reading it is important to divide what Sheri said that Chris said, as Chris might have lied to her at any point in time. Well, he did like at many points in time, didn't he...

The reason Sheri and those beautiful boys were killed is the fault of 1 madman IMO.

Placing blame on others only takes focus off of the real criminal IMO.

CC did not kill them because of some work policy, because he had an affair, because his parents are a certain way, because the cop ignored the threats, or because of anything JMM did or did not do.

He killed them because he is evil.

I would agree that, if guilty, Chris is evil.

But there are other kinds of evil. Tara, destroying her friends family, sexually pursuing Chris, listening to his conversations with his wife..is another form of evil.

Turning a blind eye while a favored employee conducts an extramarital affair while on a GOSPEL tour...while you are preaching "morality" and "godliness" and accepting people's money on THAT premise..if true...is another form of evil.

I hope that it can be shown that no one at the Ministry, especially not Myers SON, enabled Chris to commit adultery on the Ministry time and on Ministry money.

Hypocrisy for profit is evil.

But we shall wait and see.

None of that is anywhere near as evil as the crime of murdering your wife and children with your own hands.

Isn't that what this case is about?

But you can not blame JM personally. In order to do that, we would have to have a whole lot more info on what exact steps were taken. How many employees does JMM have? Is JM personally responsible for every action at the ministry? For every employee at the ministry?

I'm sure, like Bill Gates, she has "people" to handle issues.

I don't believe JM is personally responsible for Chris' actions. And I do agree that she probably has "people" to handle this sort of stuff, but IMO I believe she, her ministries, and even the CPD dropped the ball on investigating these death threats.

Thanks for allowing me to see another person's view point of view on this issue.

I guess my questions about the death threats will be addressed in the civil trial.

WhoKnew, you made some great points. Like I said before Joyce Meyer has rubbed me the wrong way since before this case, but for me its not necessarily the money issue.

Here is my question and I guess this is where I tend to want to "blame" Joyce and her ministries...Why didn't Joyce Meyer Ministry investigate the death threats? I think that they (the Columbia P-D for that matter) were negligent in NOT investigating the threats on the very day they were reported to them. Maybe we will never know the answer to why they weren't investigated, but a part of me believes that if those death threats were investigated when they were reported, they maybe Sheri, Garret, & Gavin could still be alive today. JMO

I believe the problem I have with JM is the disconnect between the message she preaches and what actually went on with the people inside of her ministry.

The officer across the street knew about the death threats... Is it his fault that greater care was not made for him to go to JM and pursue the very source of the threats OR to insist that some detectives from the unit pursue the matter? After all, he was an officer of the law. In our area, LE cannot do much of anything due to a death threat and UNTIL an action is taken against your life, by then it might be too late.

Might we guess that maybe JM's ministry gets tons of death threats? Did we hear that CC told those at JM ministries that he didn't think the threats were problematic? What did those at JM hear from Chris about these threats. What did he offer them in terms of real concern about the threats OR did he say, "Oh it is probably just some crackpot." JM evidently offered to buy security equipment for the family, CC refused that offer. Go figure! (evidently he told them, "She knows how to use a gun") The officer across the street offered certain help in getting security equipment together, CC refused (I believe the officer offered to call a particular company, ISP? to get a piece of equipment.)

Check out Kathy La Plante's statement. I think that in reading it is important to divide what Sheri said that Chris said, as Chris might have lied to her at any point in time. Well, he did like at many points in time, didn't he...

Wow - Dave Meyers comes across pretty bad in Kathy's statement. I just wonder why they were trying to keep a lid on Kathy making a statement. What were they afraid of?

I found the reference to Chris sleeping on the floor on the plane, and Joyce throwing water bottles at him to get him to wake up and get her another water, absolutely hilarious. It sounds like his job involved a lot of demeaning chores.

Kathy paints a beautiful picture of Sheri, doesn't she? She must have been a wonderful friend. I'm glad Sheri had Kathy to be her voice now that she's gone.

Another interesting aspect of Kathy's statement - Sheri didn't feel accepted by her in-laws. They thought she had trapped him into marriage with her pregnancy. I don't know about the rest of you, but if I had a daughter-in-law who loved my son and grandchildren as much as she did, and who was a good Christian woman who didn't just talk the talk, but who walked the walk, I would be thrilled. And they bad-mouthed one of their other son's (Keith) ex-wife, even though she was the one who had the business and made the money that Keith took. IIRC, Keith divorced his first wife and married his girlfriend after a short time - something like 2 weeks? The more I hear about Pastor Ron and his family, the less I respect them. IMO, they are not a Christian family and he is obviously in the wrong line of work. They were quick to negatively judge others, but with all the evidence against Chris, they think he is innocent. As someone else on this thread suggested, I am beginning to see why Chris is the way he is.

I don't believe JM is personally responsible for Chris' actions. And I do agree that she probably has "people" to handle this sort of stuff, but IMO I believe she, her ministries, and even the CPD dropped the ball on investigating these death threats.

Thanks for allowing me to see another person's view point of view on this issue.

BBM
I feel the same way - right back at cha!!!! :seeya:

I used to watch Joyce Meyer. I thought she meant what she preached. For my spiritual needs, she has dropped the ball. In no way does she now, nor her "ministry" represent what I feel are loving, godly works.

Over a couple of years of watching her show, I noticed as she became more popular her appearance began to change...and then one morning she said this, "the poor will always be with us" and used that scripture to justify her new found wealth and prosperity and to announced "see that is why we need rich people to help the poor." Right, Joyce. Amen?

Well, I have another scripture for Ms. Meyer "And I tell you, it is easier for a camel to go through the eye of a needle than for a rich man to get into heaven." :snooty:

Blessings to Sheri and her boys, they are in heaven and the world does not need people like Joyce Meyer to make that true. Thank God.

I voted :yes: She should have to testify like everyone, anyone else would.

:cow:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member