Judge Perry says defense 'opened a can of worms'

Good, the judge is being fair. Perhaps someone could clue him in that the prosecution were laughing and joking with their hands over their mouths while the FBI analyst was testifying this morning, which is disrespectful, IMO. I'm sure they are getting a big kick out of Baez but the jury can see this as well, and it has to be prejudicial.

I believe that Judge Perry should also make sure that Baez is not using his cell phone under the Defense desk when Judge Perry is making his ruling on a motion that the Defense team made. It is extremely disrespectful to not give your full attention to the Judge that is presiding over your case.

Did Byazzzz open another can today when he showed all the trash that was at the remains site? Can the SA introduce the gatorade bottle with the syringe? IDK if they want to or not, just wondering.

Why not? They've come up with crazier things. Why not say that RK wasn't sure it was a skull, so he taped it together to be sure? :banghead:

If the DT says this in court I'm going to :sick:

From what I gathered after reading the article, is that not even CM had any idea just how low Jose could go! CM's comment regarding Jose's Opening Statement screams dissension amongst the ranks, and surely they all know now what an even more uphill battle Jose created!

Whoa! Here's CM's quote:

"Does it prove that defense counsel made an opening statement decision that may have not been prudent? Perhaps."

Did Byazzzz open another can today when he showed all the trash that was at the remains site? Can the SA introduce the gatorade bottle with the syringe? IDK if they want to or not, just wondering.

Interesting - I hope one of our awesome attorneys who come here will answer this question!

Whoa! Here's CM's quote:

"Does it prove that defense counsel made an opening statement decision that may have not been prudent? Perhaps."

It boggles the mind to think that they did not discuss and agree on his opening statement before embarking on this DP case! :crazy:

It boggles the mind to think that they did not discuss and agree on his opening statement before embarking on this DP case! :crazy:

Agreed, ZsaZsa. That statement is astonishing. My biggest fear is that a conviction will be overturned due to ineffective assistance of counsel. It looks like CM will be onboard that train.

Does anyone else think CM is a bully at all times. I have seen him attempt to belittle HJBP in open court, and apparently he is trying to slip the judge up at side bar as well from what I have read thus far.

Not to mention the way he questions witnesses, part of it is his tone of voice, or manner in which he asks the questions, but overall he is very condescending and a bit of a bully...a little shocking to see it at side bar...but not suprising. IMO

Why not? They've come up with crazier things. Why not say that RK wasn't sure it was a skull, so he :banghead:

I edited it in hopes they won't read much further than the last couple of pages....They will probably use it!

I try to be careful as to what I post... I think they would use my posts in a New York minute just because my posts don't make sense and would fit right in! :floorlaugh:

we should start a thread with ideas to Help the DT.....of course it would be quite the contrary!

Agreed, ZsaZsa. That statement is astonishing. My biggest fear is that a conviction will be overturned due to ineffective assistance of counsel. It looks like CM will be onboard that train.
:snooty:Not gonna happen because Jose's had Cheney and other DP qualified attorneys to advise him, and he hasn't been sleeping during the trial. He's been actively making motions and such...

My take on this is that they do this to try and show the jury that they trust her and she can be trusted, but just wait, The jury has never seen her when she gets mad at the DF. You can pet her, rub her, and all that but she is like a wild animal u can't get to close, she will turn on you and kill.

BBM

quite literally :frown:

Regarding ineffective assistance of counsel...It is the defendant’s burden to establish that his/her counsel failed to render effective assistance of counsel, and that had counsel offered effective assistance, the ultimate result could have been different.

Examples of common claims of ineffective assistance of counsel are as follows:

1. Counsel failed to investigate and file a proper motion to suppress.
2. Counsel failed to advise of a plea offer, or failed to advise of the consequences of accepting/rejecting a plea.
3. Counsel failed to investigate possible exculpatory witnesses.
4. Counsel failed to preserve issues for appellate review.

... One of the most common mistakes that individual defendants make during the post conviction process is to allege claims of ineffective assistance without specificity. General claims citing errors alone, absent claims that the errors negatively affected the outcome, will most likely be denied without a hearing.

Taken from:
http://www.flcriminalappeals.com/Post_Conviction_Process.html

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
aztraea