Judge's Order re: OP's Mental Health Eval Thread #42

Status
Not open for further replies.
ST's mother:

In another message, she wrote that Pistorius had in the two years that he dated her daughter clearly needed help and had several times promised her he would see a psychiatrist. He never did.

http://www.witness.co.za/index.php?showcontent&global[_id]=95762
It doesn't surprise me at all that he didn't seek the help of a psychiatrist. After all, he's never acknowledged there's anything wrong with him apart from conceding he may have had a temper 'issue' that he needed to work on. Slight understatement! This is someone who's been happy to blame inanimate objects for discharging themselves, rather than accept that he, and he alone, is responsible for what happens to guns in his hand. People like him don't seek help. They just expect everyone else to put up with their behaviour (which is what's happened for far too long).

FromGermany - your link doesn't work for me.

It doesn't surprise me at all that he didn't seek the help of a psychiatrist. After all, he's never acknowledged there's anything wrong with him apart from conceding he may have had a temper 'issue' that he needed to work on. Slight understatement! This is someone who's been happy to blame inanimate objects for discharging themselves, rather than accept that he, and he alone, is responsible for what happens to guns in his hand. People like him don't seek help. They just expect everyone else to put up with their behaviour (which is what's happened for far too long).

FromGermany - your link doesn't work for me.

The URL automatically cut in before the end, I manually fixed it:

http://www.witness.co.za/index.php?showcontent&global[_id]=95762

<Respectfully snipped>

Okay Lyra, this is the best I could come up with:

Sept 2008
At Beijing Paralympics he didn’t like the running vest and shorts supplied to him and wanted to go on the air and complain.

His roommate moved because OP was always shouting at people on the phone.

21 February 2009
Boating accident

10 March 2009
An accident happened on the N4 highway when a female friend of his knocked over and killed a pedestrian. OP prohibited press photographers from taking pictures of the scene. When they asked why he was quoted as saying “Because I am Oscar Pistorius”.

12 September 2009
Arrested for assault after slamming a door so hard that the top of it shattered and flying pieces injured a woman’s leg after he chased her from his house where he was having a party. The matter settled out of court.

28 October 2011
Incident at a concert where he was physically and verbally abusive to two women. He was very drunk.

May 2012
During workouts at the gym prior to the Olympics his swearing astonished mothers and children also using the gym.

2 September 2012
Suffered a shock loss in the final of the Paralympic 200m and lashed out at Alan Oliveira who beat him to the gold. He apologized the day after, not for what he said, but for the timing of it at the track right after the race in front of hordes of media.

September 2012
He was enraged upon returning home from London 2012 Olympics to discover that his girlfriend, Sam Taylor, had allegedly cheated on him. He approached Van der Burgh and swore at him about his relationship with Sam. At the time, Van der Burgh was sitting with numerous businessmen and was embarrassed by what happened. He then laid a charge of intimidation against OP.

The animosity escalated and Van der Burgh received numerous SMSes threatening him. Mark Batchelor heard about what had happened and began defending Van der Burgh. OP and Batchelor exchanged threats via SMS during which OP is alleged to have told Batchelor that he would break his legs.

September 2012
Fired his pistol out of a car’s open sunroof after a heated argument with a police officer.

January 2013
Fired a gun under a table in Tasha’s Restaurant.

April 2013
On his first public outing since bail he attended the Kitchen Bar Restaurant, flirted with several women and inappropriately patted a friend’s girlfriend on the bottom.

Several years prior to 2013
Drove over a dog that darted in front of his car, breaking its back. He got out of his car and shot it in the head without speaking to the owner who was shouting and screaming, got in his car and drove off.

Feel free to delete any you're not interested in.

JMO
It seems to me that he had issues that were escalating over time.
Even before the boating accident he would shout out at people on the phone often enough to make his roomate move.

So I think he already had issues and they seemed to get worse over time.

And one other thing that seems very important is that alcohol does seem to make him worse and lose his temper much more easily.

Ive known people to be a "mean drunk" and OP falls into this category to me. He is very dangerous when drunk and I have no doubt alcohol was a contributing thing the night he killed her.

This is not an excuse for him at all since he surely was aware of his own conditions and he knew alcolhol fuels his bad behaviors.

Another post someone brought up mentioned that someone close to him was a witness to him promising to see a physichiatrist and never getting help. It seems that person could be a witness for OP admitting he needed help and refusing to get treatment. Not sure if that could be used to support the prosecution during this trial. It maybe something the PA may want to consider pursuing.

There are many tragedies about this case.

-The main one I see is poor Reeva's life being so easily snuffed out by an arrogant narcistic mean drunk with some disorders that he knew he had and he refused to get treatment for. And voluntarily fueling his issues with alcohol that he knows causes him to be much meaner.

-The other tragedies involve the terrible ending and dissolving of what would have been a "feel good hero type" story to give the nation something to cheer for and feel good about for years to come. OP single handidly destroyed that not only for himself, but more importantly destroyed it for his country.
Very few individuals in the entire world find themselves in the wonderful position and opportunity that OP found himself in as he began to rise and acquire fame. All that is now down the same toilet where he ended Reeva's life.

Thanks Tori and I agree that it is bizarre for Oscar not to admit to the lesser charges and it would have done his credibility well to do so, I think he is emotionally unwell, perhaps he he just a manipulative narcissist. Again I have never said that Oscar did not kill reeve knowing it was her in the bathroom I said the state has not proven it's case IMO. The judge may feel differently and I will bow to her knowledge, expertise and judgement.

Another great post! I agree entirely, Carmelita, that IMO too the point is the charges haven't been proven, not what I believe happened. And, I trust this judge too, way more than I trust my own understanding of SA law.

Regarding the 'Highway incident'.
OP could not remember who he phoned to come and pick him up from Rhapsody car park or who took him back next morning to pick his car up !.

Sorry if this has been covered or discussed but during his XE on Friday 11th April on you tube @ approx. 41mins 27 secs he definitely said..............."within OUR vicinity".

mmmmm..............'our' suggests someone was in the car with him?

Another great post! I agree entirely, Carmelita, that IMO too the point is the charges haven't been proven, not what I believe happened. And, I trust this judge too, way more than I trust my own understanding of SA law.

It has been forensically proven that OP has lied about the whole crime scene though, and why would he do that if not to cover up for killing Reeva intentionally?

<Respectfully snipped>

Okay Lyra, this is the best I could come up with:

Sept 2008
At Beijing Paralympics he didn&#8217;t like the running vest and shorts supplied to him and wanted to go on the air and complain.

His roommate moved because OP was always shouting at people on the phone.

21 February 2009
Boating accident

10 March 2009
An accident happened on the N4 highway when a female friend of his knocked over and killed a pedestrian. OP prohibited press photographers from taking pictures of the scene. When they asked why he was quoted as saying &#8220;Because I am Oscar Pistorius&#8221;.

12 September 2009
Arrested for assault after slamming a door so hard that the top of it shattered and flying pieces injured a woman&#8217;s leg after he chased her from his house where he was having a party. The matter settled out of court.

28 October 2011
Incident at a concert where he was physically and verbally abusive to two women. He was very drunk.

May 2012
During workouts at the gym prior to the Olympics his swearing astonished mothers and children also using the gym.

2 September 2012
Suffered a shock loss in the final of the Paralympic 200m and lashed out at Alan Oliveira who beat him to the gold. He apologized the day after, not for what he said, but for the timing of it at the track right after the race in front of hordes of media.

September 2012
He was enraged upon returning home from London 2012 Olympics to discover that his girlfriend, Sam Taylor, had allegedly cheated on him. He approached Van der Burgh and swore at him about his relationship with Sam. At the time, Van der Burgh was sitting with numerous businessmen and was embarrassed by what happened. He then laid a charge of intimidation against OP.

The animosity escalated and Van der Burgh received numerous SMSes threatening him. Mark Batchelor heard about what had happened and began defending Van der Burgh. OP and Batchelor exchanged threats via SMS during which OP is alleged to have told Batchelor that he would break his legs.

September 2012
Fired his pistol out of a car&#8217;s open sunroof after a heated argument with a police officer.

January 2013
Fired a gun under a table in Tasha&#8217;s Restaurant.

April 2013
On his first public outing since bail he attended the Kitchen Bar Restaurant, flirted with several women and inappropriately patted a friend&#8217;s girlfriend on the bottom.

Several years prior to 2013
Drove over a dog that darted in front of his car, breaking its back. He got out of his car and shot it in the head without speaking to the owner who was shouting and screaming, got in his car and drove off.

Feel free to delete any you're not interested in.

He complained about his shorts?? His swearing astonished mothers and children??? He........inappropriately patted someone's behind????!!

It has been forensically proven that OP has lied about the whole crime scene though, and why would he do that if not to cover up for killing Reeva intentionally?

One of the biggest provable whoppers was that his back was against the bathroom wall (a distance gt. 3.0m) when he fired the pistol. If true, then he was on his prosthetic legs ... it is a simple matter of mathematics.

One of the biggest provable whoppers was that his back was against the bathroom wall (a distance gt. 3.0m) when he fired the pistol. If true, then he was on his prosthetic legs ... it is a simple matter of mathematics.

Yes, there is that but I was thinking more of how Nel tied up the whole crime scene by proving the fan couldn't have been where OP said it was and there were a whole load of things involved in that .. the duvet on the floor with the jeans overlapping, and the line/trail of blood that went along the carpet and across the duvet which sealed that whole part of the crime scene and therefore the duvet could not have been on the bed like OP said it was. Add to that, the fan cable would not have stretched far enough for the fan to have been where OP said it was .. that's just not speculation, that's fact.

Yes, there is that but I was thinking more of how Nel tied up the whole crime scene by proving the fan couldn't have been where OP said it was and there were a whole load of things involved in that .. the duvet on the floor with the jeans overlapping, and the line/trail of blood that went along the carpet and across the duvet which sealed that whole part of the crime scene and therefore the duvet could not have been on the bed like OP said it was. Add to that, the fan cable would not have stretched far enough for the fan to have been where OP said it was .. that's just not speculation, that's fact.

And don't forget the Roux XE of van rensbergen where Roux had the fan in front of the balcony doors before OP decided to change it's position after hearing evidence lol.
Youtube Monday 14th April session 1.... 22 mins onwards.
Nel proves once again tailoring of evidence and Roux again is caught out by his client.

In the hopes of getting the conversation back to the trial, as I enjoy reading websleuths and a great deal of the intelligent discussion here, I also recommend looking at Judge Christopher Greenland's youtube channel. He posts the legal panels he is involved in from Channel 199, as well as his own interviews. If anyone else knows of others who post legal interviews please leave links here too? It's good to refresh the trial information while getting a wider context on the South African legal system.

Reading the articles I think the trial hasn't focused enough psychologically on Pistorius' admitted 'anger issues'.

- His own autobiography he used the term 'fiery' for his arguments with partners.
- Melissa Rom/Memmory yelling, door panel break incident. Melissa Rom was on prosecution witness list too.
- Competition outburst over losing.
- Admits on television he has 'anger issues'
- Coach says he has a 'temper'
- Threats to Der Burgh and Mark Batchelor

I'll revise this post with more examples...etc

KittyChi - I've also considered the possibility that there may have been intoxicants involved in that early morning shooting. Supposedly there was no alcohol in Steenkamp or Pistorius system but the tests were done many hours later and Pistorius could have been using alcohol earlier.

I know this has been speculated earlier but it's hard not to wonder about PED's in elite sport and possible usage in any athlete, including Pistorius. There hasn't been any definitive link to PED's and aggression but it's still cutting-edge pharmacology.
http://journalistsresource.org/stud...performance-enhancing-drugs-research-roundup#

By evidence do you mean a dead body with three holes in her and a guy in court who cannot fathom if he fired the fatal shots in fear or accident

Regarding the 'Highway incident'.
OP could not remember who he phoned to come and pick him up from Rhapsody car park or who took him back next morning to pick his car up !.

Sorry if this has been covered or discussed but during his XE on Friday 11th April on you tube @ approx. 41mins 27 secs he definitely said..............."within OUR vicinity".

mmmmm..............'our' suggests someone was in the car with him?

Sorry for reposting but has anyone got a comment on this?
I heard him say 'our' which means he was not alone in the car when he exited the motorway and parked in Rhapsodies car park.

By evidence do you mean a dead body with three holes in her and a guy in court who cannot fathom if he fired the fatal shots in fear or accident

Are fear and accident auto-exclusive? IMO the one doesn't exclude the other. Fear and/or panic have been the causes of many accidents.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member