Identified! Julie Gwenn Davis, 18, identified as Princess Blue, Manvel, TX, 10 Sept 1990

In case anyone has doubts, I actually just called Detective Meshell using the number the family provided to people and he did let me know that Julie Gwenn Davis is Princess Blue, confirmed through DNA. The number the family gave goes to dispatch, but dispatch will transfer you to his office. Law enforcement is still talking to people so there's no announcement yet but there will be.

A number of people were expressing doubt on the family's page, so I wanted to help clarify things.
Oh i'm without words, this has been the best week so far.
First Valentine Jane Doe now Princess Blue.

Those 2 last years have been the best when it come to Doe's.

Rest in Peace Julie.

Well she was said to be mostly Caucasian with African BACKGROUND, not half black half white as many people misled themselves to believe. Some of the sketches were too African descent looking for me to be comfortable with because of that fact. It might be due to people's biases on how they may expect people with slight African admixture to look like, as well. I wouldn't be surprised if she was one of those "passe-blanc" people they had so commonly in New Orleans due to the very high rates of so-called "white passing" "black" people (who were Caucasian people with multiracial backgrounds).

I doubt that though.

Last edited:
I Agree about LE not confirming her identitiy but tbh i would not focus too much in her biracial background cuz a lot of time LE and corner messed up race of victims especially when they are skeletonized.
One example is this Jane Doe who was identified last year she was believed to be White ut in fact she was black.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Murder_of_Randi_BoWilsonothe-
yeaaa a lot of it is based off of racial biases and pseudo-sciences of skull shapes which is *advertiser censored*. i bet she got the "caucasian" label because she has a prominent nose bridge and an oval head which apparently only caucasian people can have

plus shes from Louisiana, she is probably biracial and doesn't know it , that just happened to my Louisiana Mom with DNA , she is blond blue eyed with that same reddish blond hair and DNA came out as Irish, English and Western African so surprise ! My Aunt that passed however was white white and listed as African American , so No don't put too much stock in that

True that, there are a lot of Creole or Cajun people with African American ancestry but they can "pass" as "white."

Glad that she was IDed and her family has closure. Such a tragic case.

I'm under the impression that this was solved through CODIS? It seems to me like this case could have been solved earlier had a program of encouraging people with missing relatives to contribute a DNA sample for CODIS been implemented.

I'm under the impression that this was solved through CODIS? It seems to me like this case could have been solved earlier had a program of encouraging people with missing relatives to contribute a DNA sample for CODIS been implemented.
CODIS Should be making pushes for the organization, sounds like they need some marketing, actually so many people just dont report they just figure the person is "somewhere"

This was entirely out of left field for me -- both that she's finally been identified and that she's been on Charley Project since 2018 or so. Really blows my mind that for 2 years (during which I've stared at PB's casefile confounded for a good amount of time), her casefile's been on Charley, with none of us aware that she would turn out to be a match for Princess Blue. Guess the ring didn't turn out to be as significant as many thought, though we'll have to wait to see what the connection between Davis and Robert E. Lee HS is.

In less than a week, we've had 2 high-profile Doe identifications: Wanda Kirkum and Julie Davis. Rest in Peace.

Wow, Princess Blue was on Charley Project all this time, We have got so used to the 'famous' does having not been reported missing, that I think many of us have stopped using resources like Charley Project to try to identify them.
On the bottom left screen it said*first edited 2004*

I wonder if her DNA was in the database much earlier.then pb would have been solved much earlier

True that, there are a lot of Creole or Cajun people with African American ancestry but they can "pass" as "white."

Glad that she was IDed and her family has closure. Such a tragic case.
back in the Jim Crow era Many Louisiana Creoles often hid their ancestry out of fear of being discriminated especially when it came to getting a job.that might explain the African ancestry part.plus Louisiana was also home to a once thriving Canary Islander community

Canary Islanders are often paternally European maternally Amazigh(African).nowadays the demographics is different due to the Berber/Spanish mix elements have been diluted by a flow of migrants from Spain who replaced the Canarians that left to the new world

Isleños (Louisiana) - Wikipedia

https://www.losislenos.org

so her husband probably graduated from Robert E. Lee high school in 1975?
which would make him quite a bit older than her
seems like detectives could easily check out every guy in the graduating class for a connection to Julie
or am I missing something obvious?

A timeline for Julia or Princess Blue,when new info come i will edit this.

1968:Julia was born in Orange,Texas in 19 October to Danny Davis and Edna (Earl Ray)Davis.

1985:Julia left her home in Orange,Texas.

1985/86:She send a letter to one of her aunt marked from New Orleans,Louisiana.

1986:Julia got married around this time.

1987:Julia was seen by her brother,Danny in a wwe event in Louisiana.

1990:Julie remains were found in Sep.30

2006:She get her nickname ''Princess Blue'' after a class ring from Robert Lee High School with blue stone was found in a evidence envelope.

2019:Her brother give his DNA to Texas Ranger to help find her.

2020:Her remains got Identified.

so her husband probably graduated from Robert E. Lee high school in 1975?
which would make him quite a bit older than her
seems like detectives could easily check out every guy in the graduating class for a connection to Julie
or am I missing something obvious?
Finding out the identity of her husband might give a bit more answers to this case.even if he didn't kill her then maybe his friend,neighbor,coworker,client etc probably did.it is a bit suspicious the husband didn't report her missing unless he already divorced her by 1990

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Soccergirl500
Back