Just watched Ramsey special on E....

Trino said:
If Karr murdered JB, why write a kidnapping note, complete with practice sheets? It would seem he would be so horrified about JB's "accidental" death, that he would exit the house ASAP. It's doubtful Karr would have written the note before his encounter with JB, since if his motive was kidnapping, why didn't he kidnap her? I agree that someone who breaks and enters wants to get away ASAP.

He may have written the note beforehand, fully intending to complete the kidnapping. If the kidnapping went wrong and she 'accidentally died', the note had already been written and perhaps even already taped to the staircase.

I watched an interview posted by Linda7NJ of a woman who says that JK confessed the crime to her after a night of drinking five years ago. She wasn't the textbook definition of a reliable witness, but the quickness with which she related the story and the details she included were somehow a bit convincing to me and (at the very least) made me think. She claimed that JK had snuck into the house while the Ramseys were at the Xmas party that night and hid under the guest room bed across from JonBenet's room (I think that would be John Andrew's bedroom). Here's the link to that video--it's worth watching: http://websleuths.com/forums/showthread.php?t=42189&highlight=confession

cwiz24 said:
He may have written the note beforehand, fully intending to complete the kidnapping. If the kidnapping went wrong and she 'accidentally died', the note had already been written and perhaps even already taped to the staircase.

I watched an interview posted by Linda7NJ of a woman who says that JK confessed the crime to her after a night of drinking five years ago. She wasn't the textbook definition of a reliable witness, but the quickness with which she related the story and the details she included were somehow a bit convincing to me and (at the very least) made me think. She claimed that JK had snuck into the house while the Ramseys were at the Xmas party that night and hid under the guest room bed across from JonBenet's room (I think that would be John Andrew's bedroom). Here's the link to that video--it's worth watching: http://websleuths.com/forums/showthread.php?t=42189&highlight=confession
Writing the note beforehand at the scene.

Do you think he was uncomfortable at his own place?

tumble said:
Writing the note beforehand at the scene.

Do you think he was uncomfortable at his own place?

I'm not following your question. If you're asking why he wouldn't write the letter somewhere else and bring it to the Ramseys, I don't know. Maybe because he's a raving lunatic? Maybe he didn't know what he was going to do until he got there? If the woman's story (mentioned in my previous post on this thread) is true, he knew he had time to write the letter since the Ramseys had gone to a party. I'm not saying he did do it and I'm not saying the Ramseys did it. I'm just saying there is evidence for both perps. We should remember as well that this Karr guy (if he is responsible) was and is crazy, confused about his gender, and apparently into child *advertiser censored*. Not exactly in his right mind. So if some people can't make sense of why the perp did the things he/she did--that it just doesn't make sense--my answer is always that the intruder had no sense. Crazy. Loony. What seems nonsensical to you or me may have made perfect sense in his warped little mind.

"1) They said an unknown pubic hair was found. Have they ever determined who's hair that was?"

It was Patsy's arm hair.

"3) Did ANY handwriting analyst rule out Patsy? I have heard that a few couldn't rule her out."

None. In fact, several have said that they were 90% or more sure she did write it.

"It was determined to be Patsy's. However, this was only reported on Fox by Carol McKinley. I asked her if she was sure about this and she said yes. Her source was 100 pecent reliable."

Told you I wasn't crazy.

"Otherwise put, no, the hair was not a hair from Patsy Ramsey's arm."

shadowraiths, you should know that, other than NOT having access to the police evidence, the revelations about Patsy's arm hair were made AFTER the discovery period in that civil case had ended.

"And four out of five of the accepted expert document analysis witnesses ruled Patsy out wrt writing the ransom note."

No, they said it would be hard to say she wrote it in court, not that she didn't write it. Remember, those experts didn't have her left-hand samples which were later said to be a LOCK.

That "4 out of 5" scale was a creation of the experts that the Ramseys hired. I've talked to several document examiners, and they've never heard of such a thing. And even THEY couldn't rule her out!

"Otherwise put, rather than the analysis being based upon blind samples, they knew they were comparing Patsy's handwriting samples with the ransom note. Thus there was no means to control for confirmatory bias."

I found out this morning that it's standard procedure for the examiner to know whose writing they're comparing.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Buffalosleuther
Back