Karr A Possible Krank?

kgeaux said:
You have such great faith in teachers and their spelling ability. I once received a note home from a teacher that said "Please send there money for class fees to class with your children." That is just the tip of the iceberg of the errors that have come home in the form of notes, etc. Now, granted, I am in Louisiana but I believe teachers anywhere can be less than qualified to lead a spelling class!
bussiness BUSSINESS Bussiness

Business is a very common word, therefore its misspelling is peculiar. Even more peculiar for a 2nd grade teacher.

Are you sure an elementary school teacher, teaching the same grades where they teach children how to spell this very word, could make this mistake?

tybee204 said:
Your tone and atttude is not appreciated or welcome. You can post your information or not post it but the attiude will earn you a posting vacation.

Uh, yeah......

Holdontoyourhat said:

Business is a very common word, therefore its misspelling is peculiar. Even more peculiar for a 2nd grade teacher.

Are you sure an elementary school teacher, teaching the same grades where they teach children how to spell this very word, could make this mistake?
YOu have an excellent point there.

Holdontoyourhat said:

I'll have to agree with kgeaux... soon after my daughter started kindergarten she came home with a paper from her teacher that said, "Well! We've made it through are first week of school!" Scared the heck out of me. Luckily, her teachers since then have been better.

Chanler said:
Hi, CherokeeKid, I can agree with everything here at least emotionally. (Of course, I'd like to think that he did do it.) My only caveat is that drug and sex stories (as well as the picked up from school story) come from a Thai official who wasn't actually at the sessions. For all we know right now, he might be misremembering, misrepresentating, or simply not understanding the English of what he heard from investigators.

To me, it does sound like Karr is a sick pedophile who has been trying to write himself into the life of a little girl whose pictures he became infatuated with.
Hi Chanler! Good points, I as well agree with you!

Looking at John Karr during those short video clips: he seems to be more and more creepy!

And I keep thinking if there might be another reason why he comes forward with this quite bizzare 'confession': might he be in any trouble in Thailand? Might he face jail time there? No question about that jail in the US would be much more preferable than jail time in Thailand!

I'm very curious about the DNA results. And what else might be revealed.

Holdontoyourhat said:

This misspelling has always been thought to be intentional as well as 'posession'. These are the only misspellings in the RN even though many much harder words were spelled correctly.

Also these misspellings were located at the beginning of the note. Close to the 'foreign faction' part.

SuperDave hasn't posted recently - where are you SD? Anyone know??You've been a regular in this forum just about since the getgo....

Hi again all: I echo my comments on an earlier thread below: I just don't trust this man's story (not YET, anyway...). I agree with the rest of us cynics: things are not adding up... and he looks ill to me.

If he has a transferable disease, I agree with the poster who stated its better to be an ill inmate in USA than in Thailand (most other countries). Death penalties are automatic in Thailand for things like drugs, murder and sometimes even with child-sex/*advertiser censored*/abuse/slavery (selling kids for sex).

He probably couldn't afford a flight home and knows FULL WELL he stands a far better chance of 'getting off' in USA than perhaps anywhere else. That's shocking, because, IMO, child murderers, molesters, abusers terrorise our kids worlds. They should be treated as terrorists in the adult world, too - locked up and banned from society. I agree some people are ill - but those of us who know better have perhaps helped these perverts with an insanity plea (becuase we're sane, moral and well-bred enough to know the difference). Basically, these beasts CHOOSE and then prey on children.

The area he was recently living in is notorious for sleeze-ball activities: so ... why would a decent, single, foreign male squat in these shady city areas? Maybe because they KNOW their 'fixes' are 'on tap' and they're well camoflaged by the thousands that fill those streets, sidewalks and cafes. We've been to Thailand twice... and we definitely avoid those districts.

Thailand would NOT deport him if he had not done SOMETHING to be termed, as we know 'an undesirable'. By Karr confessing to JBR's murder, maybe the international spotlight of what ELSE may have gone on in Blooms Apartments and surrounds is removed. Who knows?

Ooops, sorry :crazy: One more thing.

His alleged 'confession'. Not once did he say 'I killed Jon Benet'. He says he was 'with her' and refused to comment about his ties to the family, the basement, etc. He was asked directly:

"Are you innocent?"

Karr's reply leaves no room for doubt (even to lip-readers) when he pauses, looks back at the reporter and says "NO".

Well, with his 'past record', he is NOT innocent. Could he mean he is NOT innocent in Thailand (Honduras, Indonesia etc) for other other crimes against children, sex and drugs?

Agreewith another poster: I don't think his brother or ex-wife would consider 'covering up' for him. Handwriting forensics, dna, alibis and other evidence will be scrutinized. Right now, until we really know more, things are not clicking into place.

Needless to say - a confession out of nowhere for this crime is bound to cause international media attention.

Oh, and, btw ... lol - I too couldn't imagine Wudge with antennae, horns maybe ... but not antennae, lol j/jkn :) :p

tumble said:
This misspelling has always been thought to be intentional as well as 'posession'. These are the only misspellings in the RN even though many much harder words were spelled correctly.

Also these misspellings were located at the beginning of the note. Close to the 'foreign faction' part.
I'm not sure you can take this 'disguised handwriting' and 'intentional misspelling' idea and transport it from suspect to suspect.

The realization that the ransom note author's handwriting and spelling isn't disguised, but instead is really that bad, will send this investigation forward another 10 years, IMO.

BTW, the chances an English as 2nd language author would misspell 'business' must be 1000 or more times greater than a 2nd grade teacher.

I've got to say this in defense of teachers everywhere. In grade school I was a champion speller. I still wrote well in h.s. and college; then I became a teacher. After seeing words constantly misspelled, I began to question my own spelling and have noticed over the years that I, too, occasionally misspell words. When you fly with turkeys, it becomes harder to soar with eagles.

"The realization that the ransom note author's handwriting and spelling isn't disguised, but instead is really that bad, will send this investigation forward another 10 years, IMO."

If it checks out, HOTYH. The experts said it was disguised writing.

Sissi, I HOPE this is the guy, but I find it HIGHLY unlikely.

"SuperDave hasn't posted recently - where are you SD? Anyone know??You've been a regular in this forum just about since the getgo...."

I'm HERE, PolkSaladAnnie! I wasn't able to make it yesterday, but I'm back!

And I've made myself clear: I don't think this is the guy, but I would REALLY like him to be. I have to say this: we have to wait and see.

Nice to see people care about me! I even got some credit on LaShawn Barber's site!

Holdontoyourhat said:
Like JBR would have beat him up?
Personally HOTYH I would love nothing more than to publicly apologize to you, I would love to have been wrong all of these years. I pray this is the guy.

I rather like the idea of chloroform being used, that could explain the lack of signs of resistance on her little body. It would also mean she died without feeling all that pain & terror.

"I rather like the idea of chloroform being used, that could explain the lack of signs of resistance on her little body. It would also mean she died without feeling all that pain & terror."

Yes, it could. But chloroform makes you go into fits. The inside of JB's mouth was completely intact and undamaged.

We all hope this is the guy. But I have strong doubts.

SuperDave said:
"I rather like the idea of chloroform being used, that could explain the lack of signs of resistance on her little body. It would also mean she died without feeling all that pain & terror."

Yes, it could. But chloroform makes you go into fits. The inside of JB's mouth was completely intact and undamaged.

Me too. I doubt he did it, but at the same time I am thrilled this pedophile is off the streets

luvbeaches said:
(snip). . . . His family has video of him at Christmas in Alabama. . . . . . .
<P>

I must have missed this bit of info - - please elaborate. Thanks! <P>

:)

Holdontoyourhat said:
I'm not sure you can take this 'disguised handwriting' and 'intentional misspelling' idea and transport it from suspect to suspect.

The realization that the ransom note author's handwriting and spelling isn't disguised, but instead is really that bad, will send this investigation forward another 10 years, IMO.

BTW, the chances an English as 2nd language author would misspell 'business' must be 1000 or more times greater than a 2nd grade teacher.
Considering how many people routinely and consistently spell "predator" on this board as "preditor", that is a rather broad assumption. A better hint as to whether someone learned EASL is their syntax and grammar. English is one of the few--if not the ONLY---languages with contractives and possessives. Also, most romance languages sentence structure, when translated, appears backward to us because of this. Ergo "my aunt's house" is "the house of my aunt".

SuperDave said:

Chloroform burns the skin if applied directly, as does ether. In the olden days, when it was used for knocking out patients, thaey put a wire mesh strainer covered in cheesecloth over the nose and mouth when administering it to prevent burns and overdoses.

BillyGoatGruff said:
Chloroform burns the skin if applied directly, as does ether. In the olden days, when it was used for knocking out patients, thaey put a wire mesh strainer covered in cheesecloth over the nose and mouth when administering it to prevent burns and overdoses.

You're probably right on, Billy, but I have to ask, might there be another way by now, that pedophiles use chloroform? Is it readily available to them?

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
TheSolver
Back