KatieCoolady Holds 'Court' - The Dedicated KCL Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
We are here for the duration.

This is just another bump in the road to ultimate justice.

We will support the Alexanders to the end.

Period.

The killer is in jail and will remain there with none of the things we get every day.

I am going to go pour another BIG glass of wine and sit on my porch swing that overlooks my corn and wheat fields. The breeze is blowing in gently......and the smell of freshly cut grass is so soothing........

ohhh wish I could be there with you.That is my kind of relaxing. The smell and feel of mother nature:seeya:

KCL and company - A term used in England comes to mind: "gutted". I feel gutted and can only imagine how you and the family and Juan feel. But it's important to keep in perspective that they got the most important thing: a murder-1 conviction.

How you guys and the family stay so strong is beyond me. It's completely awe-inspiring and totally humbling. No matter what happens now or how long it takes, I have to believe the worst is over. The murder-1 conviction (and the aggravating factors) are set in concrete. And the beast is locked down, finally starting her life of misery out of the eye of the public and the TV cameras she so craves.

Even though we're not at the end of the road yet, a big corner has been turned in the past couple of weeks. It's time for you guys to get some well deserved, long overdue rest. Recharge your batteries and spend some quality time with your loved ones.
the Alexanders and us must keep our thoughts on the postive side
1. convicted 1st degree murder..premediation
2. convicted of extreme crulty
thats 2 out of 3
3.she will never get out of jail

I was so dissappointed in todays outcome but I have to think back in my life that God never shut a door without opening a window.I do believe God is in control here and he wants justice for his beloved son Travis. Only he knows what ahead for sure so we just have to all keep the faith. I pray for all the Alexanders but my heart really goes out to Steve. He is truly a sufferer of PTSD and Jodie did this to him. Maybe with a verdict of murder Steve can start to heal faster. I pray so. I am just babbling because I was dissapointed today but will be right back here with all when this comes up again. Peace and faith to all:angel:

Hey Guys,

Stay positive!

There have been five cases in Maricopa County AZ where the original jury in a DP case came back hung in the penalty phase. In one of those cases, the State decided not to ask for a new jury. In 3 of 4 the remaining cases, the new jury came back with a Death verdict and the other was Life.

http://www.azcentral.com/news/arizo...hat-couldnt-decide-on-death-penalty-prog.html

With thanks to AZLawyer on the ask a lawyer thread for the link.

Does anyone think it might have been the 4 women jurors against the 8 men? When I heard the 8 to 4 split, that was what I thought. I feel at least 2 of the holdouts were women. I need to let it go but I can't. I have put over 5 months into love for a family that is still hurting. May God hold them up.
Thanks to all here who post and give us their strength.

Jw said cfja family wasnt there for her when she was little but they are now,,,,except when the verdict is read,,,they went to the grand canyon,,,,lol,,clasic

When after tonight the jury sits and reads and watches all the stuff we know they will be like omg

Jw said cfja family wasnt there for her when she was little but they are now,,,,except when the verdict is read,,,they went to the grand canyon,,,,lol,,clasic

Annnndddd, Donovon complained with a call in to one of the HLN show's that she and the family were at the Grand Canyon and why couldn't they hold off on announcing the verdict until they could get back there. So now their all PO'd.

Well who in the hell goes sight seeing when their daughter/friend is facing the DP??? No wonder JA is the way she is. The apple dosen't fall...well we all know that saying.

Annnndddd, Donovon complained with a call in to one of the HLN show's that she and the family were at the Grand Canyon and why couldn't they hold off on announcing the verdict until they could get back there. So now their all PO'd.

Well who in the hell goes sight seeing when their daughter/friend is facing the DP??? No wonder JA is the way she is. The apple dosen't fall...well we all know that saying.

Oh no worries family of the convicted murdered, come back July 18 LOL

Hi all,

Just getting in from a night out with a friend who is one of the most positive uplifting people in my life. I will not keep watching this verdict over and over again and hope some of you won't either. I feel so much better and have so much perspective on this whole thing now.

I heard from two of the Alexanders this evening and the responses were full of love and appreciation. I will continue to be there for them for the duration. All is not lost.

Peace and blessings all............

You may have heard by now that there were actually four holdout jurors who voted for life imprisonment instead of the death penalty.

yes - i just cannot get so upset w/ this jury - i truly believed the best they could do - they sat thru months in a grueling trial - one that if it was sritten for a movie - know one would have ever believed it, they found her gulty of M1 - the most important part, they also found her guilty of extreme cruelty, i feel if 4 jurors felt they could not vote for the dp, and am sure they had their reasons which imo would have been because of the instructions and the evidence they got to see. and each side must have really fought for their side and did not compromise - which in my opinion is huge - buy having a hung jury still gives the state to still get the punishment the family wants - that would not have happened if every one just compromised on life - which the judge would have had the decsicion on natural life or eligable for parole in 20 years

imo they really did a good job, especially not being privy to every thing that we knew in the news - and now juan can interview all the jurors and find out why the jury voted the way they did - and he can construct a much stronger case on the retrial, where as the jodi team really have noting they can change - and prolly their "client" will orchestrate it again and juan will be more than ready for it

but now that she is convicted her little delusional life of being the knew camp counselor is at out the window and now in estrella, and hen she moves to prison, whether it LWOP or DP - she will be locked up, by herself, so one to form a book club with - in solitaire for 23 hrs a day - even taking her meals in her cell and 1 hour outside wearing shackles - no more queen of the cell block w/ all the woman gushing over her, no one she can manipulate which she just trives on- she can't even have any physical contact - and this is jodi's hell

so ts not a loss M1 conviction and guilty of extreme cruelty both huge wins it just a delay in the sentencing - the worse part of this though is the family, that incredibly strong, loving heartbroken family, that had me crying right along w/ them, but they will get their justice for travis, so until then we can put our energies into helping them any way we can w/ moral, financial problems and even just sending them cards and let them know how much support they truly have :twocents:

Some heartwarming and sad words from juror 17 posted on:
https://www.facebook.com/Justice4Travis?hc_location=stream

A message to you, from juror 17:

Hello all! I was sent to this page thanks to a friend of mine now that I am able to see and hear things! I was juror 17 and later on I was chosen as an alternate. I was so disappointed and upset to hear my number called after all the time and work I put into this trial! Today was a hard day for the jury but it was also a very hard day for me!! To say I am devastated is an understatement! I feel so much pain that I can't even begin to imagine what Travis's family is feeling! Although today's outcome wasn't what I wanted and probably most of you as well, I just ask that you remember we are all human and no matter which juror voted which way, it was a very hard decision for all of them! I want to send my love and prayers to Travis's family and I really hope they get the right outcome next time!!!

That was a red flag for me as well.

If she was a holdout, I just found out there were three more who also voted for life -- while eight voted for the death penalty.

I remember during jury deliberations, jc mentioned a lady being defiant and I do remember she was joined at lunch with three other jurors, I thought one was the wrestler or young guy. My guess is that they were the ones that didn't necessarily agree with the felony murder . It must of been a tough time in deliberations.

My favorite movie ever. I have watched it so many time's that I knew where those words came from. I wish I had a Weezer to pull in front of me and tell the Alexander's *Here, punch this. Go ahead Alexander's punch her light's out.*

Thank you soooooooooo much for this quote. I needed to laugh through my fountain of tears.............
I feel so frustrated and deeply saddened for the Alexander family, each and every one one. I just wish I could take on their burden, to allow them 24 hours of tranquility and inner peace.
I am a firm believer in discovering resiliency and enduring strength when attempting to navigate through the largest of life's barriers, but it sucks, BIG time. :banghead::banghead:
What defines us is how well we rise after falling.

I understand everyone has their own opinions but why, when you are asked if you would be able to give the death penalty if it comes to it would you be unable to after going through all that. I have tried to put myself in their shoes many times and admit it would be a terrible feeling to be part of the decision to take someone's life life and something you would carry with you for ever. But_ we are in no doubt she did kill him and it is the savagery which she used that makes a mockery of self defence. You would do what you had to to save your life and get out. Not kill someone 3 times over and put his body in the shower to be found in that awful state. I hope the Alexander's have the strength for yet more prolonging of closure.

Interesting. I asked this question a few days ago on the legal thread, because the prevailing commentary in the media is sentencing in 30-60 days. That seemed odd to me if the sentence was decided and inevitable-- why wait? AZlawyer answered that the delay interval is customary/ typical, and she'd stay in county jail till then.

I'd be just fine with sentencing tomorrow. Sentencing in 30-60 days would just give her one more "hurrah" and trip to court.

I'm getting so many mixed answers to this. I've thought all along, per Beth K that there would be that delay for a formal sentencing. That was the case in our cases, Scott Peterson etc. But when I asked the VA today, she said the other.

I'd trust AZLawyer though over anyone on this though so I'm going with that now.

Hey, guys. Just to clarify, what I said was that the delay was typical, but now that we have the new procedure where the jury decides death vs. life, if the sentence is death I would expect sentencing to be immediate. If the sentence is life, I would expect the delay because there's still another decision to be made (LWOP vs. 25-to-life).

I know everyone is upset that for now in the sentencing phase we have a hung jury............but, lets remember - we have 2/3 justice so far and JUSTICE WILL BE SERVED - it will.
A hung jury is better than the wrong sentence. Yes we -- and more importantly the family, have to wait a little while longer, but this jury did their job to the best of their ability and IMHO should not be bashed for their verdict. They were obviously visibly upset to not be able to have and give closure too. (JMHO - and I think we stay stronger with staying positive than getting negative.)

Lady Justice is still singing and has said:
GUILTY - 1st Degree
GUILTY - Cruel

Justice will be served -- For Travis Alexander - YouTube

Let's stay strong, stay here for the family and come back ready to see this finished.

You said this so beautifully. I haven't ever been on a jury but I can't imagine how difficult it would be. This jury have been true and just so far. They have convicted her. I am proud of all of them for not giving in on their beliefs - they obviously feel strongly and are passionate whether we like their decision or not. They are strong and they have done an admirable job. I'm raising a glass to them tonight.

Also? I can't WAIT until they speak out!!! ;)

I understand everyone has their own opinions but why, when you are asked if you would be able to give the death penalty if it comes to it would you be unable to after going through all that.

Respectfully snipped.

I think saying "yes I can vote for the death penalty" might be a lot different if you get into the room a few months later and someone is arguing with passion that the person is mentally unwell (which is what I believe happened, regardless of my beliefs about the trial).

I have experience dealing with people with mental illness and my belief (which could be totally wrong) is that someone on the jury had experienced living with a mentally ill person (or works in the field). I think they would able to convict for M1 easily, but when it comes to sentencing for life/death they found it wasn't so black and white. Just moo.

And I wonder if the attorneys knew the verdict prior tothe public announcement. The Arias's absence could then be part of a strategic move for the new penalty phase, showing how little Jodi's parents care.

I know everyone is upset that for now in the sentencing phase we have a hung jury............but, lets remember - we have 2/3 justice so far and JUSTICE WILL BE SERVED - it will.
A hung jury is better than the wrong sentence. Yes we -- and more importantly the family, have to wait a little while longer, but this jury did their job to the best of their ability and IMHO should not be bashed for their verdict. They were obviously visibly upset to not be able to have and give closure too. (JMHO - and I think we stay stronger with staying positive than getting negative.)

Lady Justice is still singing and has said:
GUILTY - 1st Degree
GUILTY - Cruel

Justice will be served -- For Travis Alexander - YouTube

Let's stay strong, stay here for the family and come back ready to see this finished.

Spot on friend, here is Chris after the guilty verdict and he reminds us the main goal was getting the guilty first degree murder conviction and we did!

http://youtu.be/zcVPKMyBC-I
http://youtu.be/W2qr05dBgsg http://youtu.be/Abbd3HDGpMc

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members