KC's "Brain Development"

Hi all - I don't know if this belongs on this thread or not. If it's inappropriate feel free to delete, Moderators. I'm an avid reader but seldom post, so I'm not totally sure of the "etiquette".

I just finished reading a really fascinating article by a forensic psychologist about the Gradations of Evil Scale he created, and how you can classify murderers into one of 22 different types. I recognized ICA immediately in a few of the categories, I think she mostly resembles #7.

6. Hot Heads - Killers who act in an impetuous moment, yet without marked psychopathic features.

7. Narcissists - Highly narcissistic killers who are often possessive, not distinctly psychopathic, but "with a psychopathic core." They typically kill loved ones or family members out of jealousy.

8. Fit of Rage - Non-psychopathic people, who live with an underlying, smoldering rage, then kill when that rage is ignited.

10. "In The Way" Killers, - Not Fully Psychopathic Killers of witnesses or people who are simply "in the way." These evildoers are egocentric, but not totally psychopathic

11. "In The Way" Psychopaths - Psychopathic killers of people "in the way." Premeditation is not usually a major factor in their killings.

14. Schemers - Ruthlessly self-centered and psychopathic, schemers stop at nothing to deceive, con and steal.

It's a long article but worth reading if you're interested in that sort of thing:

http://www.npr.org/templates/story/story.php?storyId=129175964
I read this and it seems pretty accurate, but the word evil really didn't belong in his studies...not because I don't think there's evil out there, but because the things he concluded didn't have much to do with evil. He used words like rage, jealousy,' in the way'...but didn't provide a connection to 'evil'. Actually, he seemed to explain most of it away with scientific terms. Also, I didn't agree with a couple of his examples of the different types, especially Karla Faye Tucker. She seemed more like a companion killer, IMO. I do find it fascinating, (in a morbid way), when 2 people, who already possess these traits, hook up with each other, and I wish he had spent some time on how extreme drug abuse can cause psychosis. on a side note...John List has always troubled me, and one of the main things about him that stood out IMO, was him pretending to have a job and 'going' to work every day. hmmm MOO.

Something happened to Casey post Jesse Grund. (The nice guy.)
Of course, her early pregnancy didn't help her emotional developement.
And, with whom the bio father is....I dare to think!

She felt all love & attention went to Caylee...not to her.

(And, why did Cindy name her children sexually generic names such as Lee & Casey?)

Casey was a child with a child. Did no one one see this?

When her mother pulled the rug from under Casey; financially & emotionally....Casey reacted in the most horrific way. To take HER Caylee away from the true mother...Cindy.

Was it alcohol, drugs, sex? That changed Casey? Attention?
Was she using the Xanax, the chloroform for herself?
Was she so addicted to texting she neglected Caylee in the pool that Monday morning? And couldn't admit it to anyone?

To admit it, meant she had no place to live.

Why lay Caylee to rest probably where Caylee was conceived?
What's with the Father's Day balloon?
Who is the male she sending these messages to? Not Cindy!

I believe Caylee died by accident.....Either in the pool,
the trunk/chloform /gasoline fumes or by Xanax overdose.

She should have come clean in the beginning and ended this circus!

(Hmmmm.....Supposedly, Cindy does not like Hispanic persons....Casey claims the the deceased bio father is an Hispanic person, George was having an affair with a Hispanic woman & Casey's good friend/lover was Ricardo.)

How can Lee believe everything his pathological liar sister says?
Who is C.M.A.?
"He loves them...respects them and hopes they respect him"....more family secrets?

JMO.

What's this about a father's day balloon? It sounds familiar, but I can't recall it.

Mary

I read this and it seems pretty accurate, but the word evil really didn't belong in his studies...not because I don't think there's evil out there, but because the things he concluded didn't have much to do with evil. He used words like rage, jealousy,' in the way'...but didn't provide a connection to 'evil'. Actually, he seemed to explain most of it away with scientific terms. Also, I didn't agree with a couple of his examples of the different types, especially Karla Faye Tucker. She seemed more like a companion killer, IMO. I do find it fascinating, (in a morbid way), when 2 people, who already possess these traits, hook up with each other, and I wish he had spent some time on how extreme drug abuse can cause psychosis. on a side note...John List has always troubled me, and one of the main things about him that stood out IMO, was him pretending to have a job and 'going' to work every day. hmmm MOO.

I read the book about John List yrs ago and actually felt sorry for him....naggy, sick wife and over religious Mother living with them. House wasnt big enough for those 2 women. Didnt he pretend to go to work everyday after he was laid off? I cant remember

I haven't read the article but I have seen the shows he has done. I think he is trying to explain that what most "normal" people think of as being merely "evil" is really a host of other personality disorders, antisocial behaviors, moral bankruptcy, mental illness etc. The people that he terms truly evil are the ones who absolutely know right from wrong, have no mental illness or other organic handicap and CHOSE to do heinous things mainly for self gratification.

But I agree that I wish he and other experts would not confuse the issue by using terms that have no quantifiable meaning. After all what one person thinks is evil may not appear so to another person. And the same for good. Look at all the people who think Casey was a good mother. I'm sure people thought Cindy was a good mother too. Even given that Casey's friends didn't know all the facts that we know now, still there were enough red flags that I have a hard time understanding how it wasn't obvious that something was wrong. I don't want to indict anyone, after all I don't personally know any of Casey's friends, but I think their analysis of Casey being a good mother has to filtered through the lens of "look who is talking". These were young adults, most of them did not have children, they were absorbed in their own lives, etc.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Back