Keeping Hayleigh's Story In The Public Eye

Status
Not open for further replies.
HALEIGH is more important to me than the ENVIRONMENT..... She is THEIR MISSING FAMILY MEMBER.... Would you put the enviroment(or would that even enter your mind) if you were trying to keep this in the public's eye?

It boggles one's mind, doesn't it chesterp? If people don't want to release a balloon fine and dandy, but don't begrudge a family member wanting to honor Haleigh's birthday in their way.

I am so glad to hear of the events on Haleigh's birthday since I was just thinking about how I could honor this sweet baby on her birthday. I think the ideas that the other posters came up with are also great.

So in honor of Haleigh, I will be doing the following:
1. Releasing red and purple balloons with fliers on her birthday.
2. Buying and donating school supplies to schools in my area
3. Printing out fliers and asking if I can post them EVERYWHERE I go
4. Sending out e-mails of the fliers to my ENTIRE address book with the
hopes that they will all do the same.
5. Watching a marathon of Dora the Explorer and Hannah Montana
with my nieces who enjoy them as much as Haleigh.
6. Cooking mac and cheese for the kids since it was one of Haleigh's
faves.
7. Spending time with my nieces and nephews, giving them lots of hugs
and kisses, and making sure they all KNOW how much they are loved.
8. Praying everyday that she will be home soon.

I hope EVERYONE will join in and honor this beautiful girl, whom we ALL love, despite the fact that we have never even met her.

Bumping to stay on topic. Do what you can, start a chain letter, post flyers do any of the above, just keep her in the eyes of the Nation.

This has got to be the saddest most pitiful thing I have seen yet. This isn't about Ron or Crystal, it is about a missing 5 yr old little girl. Isn't the entire point to get her name out there in the media, to make people aware that Haleigh is missing and still is missing after 6 months. Why does this have to be turned into something ugly? The same people that have complained endlessly that Ron is doing nothing to bring awareness to Haleigh are now complaining about how he is bringing awareness to Haleigh being missing. He wanted something other than people just writing a check, he wanted something that everyone could participate in regardless of location or financial situation. Something that people would take a moment as they release that balloon to think about Haleigh, something that people all over the country would see a red or purple balloon floating in the sky and think about Haleigh.

I did not think the school supplies was a great idea because of financial situation for alot of people will make it impossible for them to participate, however I went ahead and sent a box of supplies to the school (shipping was almost as much as the dang supplies) because this is about Haleigh and I want the event to be a success and I figure the more people that participate the more of a success it will be. But me sending that box of supplies does not get Haleighs name noticed out in Kansas, but media announcing a balloon release and people going out and releasing a balloon does. It is something that people can physical do for just a couple dollars and spread awareness of Haleigh missing. I just don't understand why that is a bad thing, and the hatred towards Ron for wanting his daughters name out there.
:clap::clap::clap:
I agree 100%!
Why is it that no matter what Ron does it's always wrong.
I have a funny feeling if it was Crystal that wanted to do a balloon release
everyone would be saying what a wonderful idea!

I guess you skipped over the post I made about latex balloons. I think it's wonderful that the Cummings want to honor her birthday the way they want too and well as the Sheffields/Griffis. I would also hope that Crystal would go release some balloons with the Cummings as well.

If you will continue reading through the posts following this one you quoted from last night, you will find another article that addresses the issue of latex balloons, which take at least six months to biodegrade on land, and even longer in water environments. I have no problem with anyone who wants to honor Haleigh in any way they personally feel is proper. If you read through the posts and care to look at what they say, this is repeated multiple times! I find it interesting that you want Crystal to participate in the balloon release that Ron has endorsed, but you do not feel that Ron should support the school supply drive that carries his daughters name in her own community which is the only place that any trace of this child is likely to ever have a possibility to be found.

If you will continue reading through the posts following this one you quoted from last night, you will find another article that addresses the issue of latex balloons, which take at least six months to biodegrade on land, and even longer in water environments. I have no problem with anyone who wants to honor Haleigh in any way they personally feel is proper. If you read through the posts and care to look at what they say, this is repeated multiple times! I find it interesting that you want Crystal to participate in the balloon release that Ron has endorsed, but you do not feel that Ron should support the school supply drive that carries his daughters name in her own community which is the only place that any trace of this child is likely to ever have a possibility to be found.

Where was it said that cajun doesn’t think Ron should support the school supply drive?
TIA

Please show me where I said that. TIA

Maybe Cummings should have been asked to begin to be involved with this school supply project. That would have been the Christian thing for them to do but since that didn't happen this is what the Cummings side decided to do. I hope Crystal goes and releases a balloon with them. I am not going to hold my breath they will though.

Enough is enough, the "Balloon vs School Supplies Debate" is over!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ddph