Kelly Clarkson gets Grammy, omits Idol thanks; Other Grammy News...

Jules said:
If I'm not mistaken, Kelly was obligated to AI for a year after her win. It's been well over a year and IMO she owes them nothing at this point. Kudos to her for her wins! I think she's great!
Hey jules I see Keith got one too. I am wondering since I did not see the show. If Keith Thank Brooks and Dunn for having him on thier tors when he was up and coming. Or Kenny Chesney for allowing him to tour with him when he was still coming up? :D

JDB said:
Hey jules I see Keith got one too. I am wondering since I did not see the show. If Keith Thank Brooks and Dunn for having him on thier tors when he was up and coming. Or Kenny Chesney for allowing him to tour with him when he was still coming up? :D

i didn't see it either, but i know that Gretchen Wilson has thanked Big & Rich on occasions, when she won her first few awards....i like Gretchen :)

JDB said:

YEAH!!!! So happy for him! And Nicole was there with him! :clap: His award was done prior to the broadcast, so no speech made. Keith's list would be very long if he thanked everyone along the way - Garth Brooks, Alan Jackson, Dixie Chicks, Go-Go's.... the list would go on and on..... :p

close_enough said:
i didn't see it either, but i know that Gretchen Wilson has thanked Big & Rich on occasions, when she won her first few awards....i like Gretchen :)

I like Gretchen too. She thanks them because John Rich is the one who has written a lot of her stuff. Actually, he writes for many people. Talented guy.

PrayersForMaura said:
She didn't write the songs or the music.

Actually, she does write a majority of her stuff - not the one she won with, but she did write more than half her album.

Jules said:
I like Gretchen too. She thanks them because John Rich is the one who has written a lot of her stuff. Actually, he writes for many people. Talented guy.

yes, she's great!!...i like Big & Rich also :dance: ...(all that rock, funky country)...both the guys took Gretchen "under their wing" when they heard her singing down at Bourbon St, in Printers Alley...she was a bar maid & would sing occasionally..she struggled downtown, & i know she's very thankful for them..

Kelly Clarkson is trying to make a name for herself, she doesn't always want to be the poster child for AI and I don't blame her. Not all the other AI winners have had the same success as she has. She had a contract and she honoured it. AI just wants to keep her rising star success linked to the show for their own profit and glory.

Just me opinion, of course.
Jubie

jubie said:
Kelly Clarkson is trying to make a name for herself, she doesn't always want to be the poster child for AI and I don't blame her. Not all the other AI winners have had the same success as she has. She had a contract and she honoured it. AI just wants to keep her rising star success linked to the show for their own profit and glory.

Jubie

i understand she's trying to make a name for herself, but she wouldn't be, right now, to this level if AI hadn't helped....her 1st award; there was just no reason not to slide the words AI in on one of her "thank yous"....it's not like she has to say it all the time during interviews or awards...but this one should have included the show, imo....

someone mentioned the word "manufactured" in this thread...it's true & it's kind of sad, as far as the music goes....

Everyone got there start somewhere. AI has made a fortune off all of its contestants. The contestants and their talent or lack of talent are the only reason anyone even knows who Simon is. They made him a household name not the other way around. And where was Paula Abdul before AI? She was as has been as day old bread.

I cant blame her for making every attempt to disassociate herself from AI. In a couple years AI will lose it ratings and be gone. No one should tie there career to a sinking ship.

tybee204 said:
Everyone got there start somewhere. AI has made a fortune off all of its contestants. The contestants and their talent or lack of talent are the only reason anyone even knows who Simon is. They made him a household name not the other way around. And where was Paula Abdul before AI? She was as has been as day old bread.
I cant blame her for making every attempt to disassociate herself from AI. In a couple years AI will lose it ratings and be gone. No one should tie there career to a sinking ship.

LOL...i love it!!! :D

i just don't think saying 2 words, on her 1st award, would have "tied her career" to AI for life....

Close,

I hear you, but I get the feeling there is bad blood there and its because AI keeps hanging on to her like an anchor. Its just like so many other relationships, the tighter you try to hang onto someone the more they want to get away. Just my own take on it, obviously I'm not personally informed so I respect your opinion as well. :blowkiss:

Jubie

jubie said:
Close,

I hear you, but I get the feeling there is bad blood there and its because AI keeps hanging on to her like an anchor. Its just like so many other relationships, the tighter you try to hang onto someone the more they want to get away. Just my own take on it, obviously I'm not personally informed so I respect your opinion as well. :blowkiss:

Jubie

you could be right...i've never heard an interview with her, so i don't know what her real feelings are about AI, but i would say there's "bad blood there" too.....

lol, back at ya :blowkiss:

:laugh: :laugh: :laugh: @ simon loser idiot..that cracked me up! Do you guys think he is really like that? Seriously? Sometimes I have to admit I watch just because I want to hear what he has to say. Then I sit as if i'm shocked!! It's like a bad train wreck to me...I shouldnt watch it, I know whats gonna happen but I can't help myself!

deandaniellws said:
I really don't blame her. Simon loser idiot has said several times that she would not have made it if she had not won the show. How the heck can he think her talent has anything to do with her winning the show? Someone else would have heard her and eventually she would have been discovered.

I feel weird for posting in this thread, since I rarely post at all, but I couldn't help myself. I guess I'm just opinionated! :blushing:

I don't see why Kelly Clarkson should have to thank AI if she doesn't want to. She may feel like they've already extracted their "pound of flesh" from her, and if she felt at all exploited by being forced to participate in that awful movie with Justin then I can see how she'd feel like she's sufficiently paid her dues in that regard.

A lot of stars who got their big break on semi-embarrassing TV shows like Star Search or the Mickey Mouse Club or You Can't Do That on Television wind up trying to leave that image in the dust in order to break from whatever sort of image or mold they had to fit into in order to get their break on that show. I don't really see Alanis Morrisette thanking Nickelodeon. Did Britney and Justin and Christina thank the shows they were on as kids? I don't know, but I'd be curious to learn.

I don't see anything wrong with Kelly's decision, really. AI wasn't doing Kelly a favor by having her on the show - they did what they did for the sake of $$$ in their own pockets. To me, it seems like the whole entertainment industry is a mutual exploitation society. Not too much altruism. Just IMO. :)

jubie said:

Jubie
Maybe, but AI doesn't need success. They trumped the grammy's in TV ratings last night.

close_enough said:
i understand she's trying to make a name for herself, but she wouldn't be, right now, to this level if AI hadn't helped....her 1st award; there was just no reason not to slide the words AI in on one of her "thank yous"....it's not like she has to say it all the time during interviews or awards...but this one should have included the show, imo....

someone mentioned the word "manufactured" in this thread...it's true & it's kind of sad, as far as the music goes....
LMAO ... it looks like you and I are in the minority on this one.
I am just a thankful person and count my blessings.
I've had a similar situation happen in my life. I'm not famous of course, and I am not a grammy-winning singer, lol. But I still thank what got me to where I am. And I probably won't ever not mention it.

Oh, and others might think AI is a "sinking ship" but its ratings blew the Grammys out of the water. I think, sadly enough, Kelly Clarkson may fade before American Idol does.

I bet Carrie Underwood gets a grammy next year and that she thanks Americal Idol. Two different people entirely.

According to the article I posted ... the truth is out:

During both of her acceptance speeches, a tearful Clarkson said not a word about her Idol roots. Backstage, the "Since U Been Gone" singer insisted the omission was unintentional.
"I didn't thank my dad--I forgot!" Clarkson said. "You forget!"

:truce:

Swear to God, it never ceases to amaze me how peeps can find any and every thing to pick on someone and put them down about. Why give a rat's azz about her not thanking AI? I was tickled beyond measure for her. It never occurred to me that this would happen for her and especially so soon. Her music is not the kind I listen to but she's a doll and I'm sure everyone who ever gets some kind of award forgets to thank someone. However, in this case I don't feel thanks to AI was due. She's past that now. Rock on Kelly!

Paul McCartney makes my heart tingle .... still.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Keziah16
Back