Kevin Sweat charged with 1ST DEGREE MURDER Taylor & Skyla

It seems so long ago now, that stereotypical image of the Native American used immediately to parse out and signal blame. If the killer had not have killed again, this case would still be unresolved. O those who would weep for Oklahoma -- begin crying now; else not enough tears exist to wash the whole place clean.

The final step for Sweat will be "Die in prison".

Appellate court has denied his withdrawal of his guilty plea. It stands.

The next time I hear this freaks name, I hope it as his death report, and soon.

The Case Archive is updated. Link upthread.

Im from and live in Oklahoma there was a show on ID Discovery last night Shadow of Doubt It was about Skyla An Taylor ....i remember this case so i watched the show now they have me going hmmmm never heard that before The show states that there was DNA found in the girls underwear both of them but the media neber let on that there was a sexual element to this case ....we have always been told that the girls were just shot both multiple times two diffrent weapons a 40 Glock and a .22 and that most likely someone pulled up and shot the girls from inside there vehicle. The girls were found on the side of the road down the way from Skylas home her father found the girls. They were not nude nothing to indicate a sexual crime . 3yrs go bye and they link murders back to Kevin Sweat after they had him in custody for murder of his girlfriend Ashley Taylor , 40 glock shell casings found at crime scene of Skyla and Taylor were matched to shell casings found on Sweats fathers property with burned remains of Ashley Taylor......He was questioned denied it multiple times then finaly confesses says he saw 2 monsters come out of woods and he shot them with glock till out of bullets and grabbed 22 and did same thing .....he eventually pleads guilty convicted no trial 3 life sentences .....then in 2013 he tries to wothdrawel guilty plea wasnt allowed ......heres my problem at the end of the show they tell us that the DNA does not match the suspect now how did sperm get into a 11yr and 13yr old who were not sexually active ???? The Dectectives just brushed it aside but it is part of the murders whos sperm is it we know its not any of the families, not the suspects....whos is it and how did it get there??

Im from and live in Oklahoma there was a show on ID Discovery last night Shadow of Doubt It was about Skyla An Taylor ....i remember this case so i watched the show now they have me going hmmmm never heard that before The show states that there was DNA found in the girls underwear both of them but the media neber let on that there was a sexual element to this case ....we have always been told that the girls were just shot both multiple times two diffrent weapons a 40 Glock and a .22 and that most likely someone pulled up and shot the girls from inside there vehicle. The girls were found on the side of the road down the way from Skylas home her father found the girls. They were not nude nothing to indicate a sexual crime . 3yrs go bye and they link murders back to Kevin Sweat after they had him in custody for murder of his girlfriend Ashley Taylor , 40 glock shell casings found at crime scene of Skyla and Taylor were matched to shell casings found on Sweats fathers property with burned remains of Ashley Taylor......He was questioned denied it multiple times then finaly confesses says he saw 2 monsters come out of woods and he shot them with glock till out of bullets and grabbed 22 and did same thing .....he eventually pleads guilty convicted no trial 3 life sentences .....then in 2013 he tries to wothdrawel guilty plea wasnt allowed ......heres my problem at the end of the show they tell us that the DNA does not match the suspect now how did sperm get into a 11yr and 13yr old who were not sexually active ???? The Dectectives just brushed it aside but it is part of the murders whos sperm is it we know its not any of the families, not the suspects....whos is it and how did it get there??

This is a strange development. I remember this case well, it was a horrific crime. It's pretty shocking that there was evidence of sexual assault, but LE never mentioned it. Wow. IIRC, there was talk early on in the case that there might be 2 perps, probably because of the two different types of ammunition used. Not saying Sweat wasn't involved, he's an extremely dangerous person. But was someone else part of it?

They need someone from outside this case to re-investigate, start from scratch. When such significant information is withheld, you have to re-examine everything again.

I have just read about this case and there are similarities to the Delphi murders imo. I was researching US child double homicides and they are relatively rare -only 40 since 1974. One MSM article on the net from 2014 even mentions one of these young girls wanted to be a forensic scientist. There also appears to be a possible motive related to drugs and revenge. Is it possible there was an accomplice who got away? MOO.

I have just read about this case and there are similarities to the Delphi murders imo. I was researching US child double homicides and they are relatively rare -only 40 since 1974. One MSM article on the net from 2014 even mentions one of these young girls wanted to be a forensic scientist. There also appears to be a possible motive related to drugs and revenge. Is it possible there was an accomplice who got away? MOO.
I think that it's possible that there was an accomplice, but a connection to the Delphi murders would surprise me because I think both crimes were committed by locals.

Did they state the DNA was sperm? This is the first I've heard about it.

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk

for those asking about the dna found on the girls...it was semen on the underwear and biological on both girls bodies rethinking murder of Taylor Paschal-Placker, 13, and 11-year-old Skyla Whitaker

oh and he did not attack his lawyer IN the court..it happened outside the courtroom....still didn't he have to go through a metal detector like everyone else going into the building.

not saying he didn't do it the semen proves someone else was involved though

It is disturbing to me, that the source of the semen is completely overlooked. This means at the very least there is a person guilty of a sexual crime that has not been found. The current status is the case is closed and no one is investigating.

There is plenty of craziness with the person convicted, but I also think it is poor police work to not consider that evidence of a second person involved is right there and ignored. I do know the DNA was put in the system, so some day it will pop, but sadly that will only be after the person has committed another horrific deed.

Link to support DNA in the system
rethinking murder of Taylor Paschal-Placker, 13, and 11-year-old Skyla Whitaker

It is disturbing to me, that the source of the semen is completely overlooked. This means at the very least there is a person guilty of a sexual crime that has not been found. The current status is the case is closed and no one is investigating.

There is plenty of craziness with the person convicted, but I also think it is poor police work to not consider that evidence of a second person involved is right there and ignored. I do know the DNA was put in the system, so some day it will pop, but sadly that will only be after the person has committed another horrific deed.

Link to support DNA in the system
rethinking murder of Taylor Paschal-Placker, 13, and 11-year-old Skyla Whitaker

OK, huge grain of salt here, maybe even a salt shaker or mine:
It appears that the ONLY source for the link above, which 2 posters have now posted, comes from an episode of "Investigation Discovery". IMO, this is not a reliable or official source of ANY info on ANY case.

IF we take the supposition at face value, my first question/ thought about this, if there is a totally reliable MSM source to back it up. is:
"Who is Kevin Sweat protecting and why?"
He definitely would have squealed like a pig on another male, I believe. Anything to make it easier on his probable trial. Instead, he entered a guilty plea and is in prison for the rest of his life.
There is some anecdotal evidence that the extended family member of the Plasker family who sold Sweat's brother drugs was the reason Sweat was after the girls or likely any other members of the family, if there's any truth to the connection.
So, does Kevin Sweat have any other brothers or male friends or relatives who might have been just as messed up and seeking some sort of extremely warped justice for the brother who died?

Also, and I mean absolutely no disrespect to anyone living, dead, or imagined: The great disparity between the witness sketch and Sweat's appearance "might" " possibly" be of another person who was there and was seen.
In addition, the two guns of different caliber used to shoot the girls never has made sense to me. It would make sense if two men each had one gun and shot the girls where they stood.
It really blows my mind to think this could even be possible, much less true.
I KNOW Sweat is guilty. He deserves to DIE in prison, 1000 times over, but there is a bit of doubt about a lone killer vs. two men. Just a bit, but a bit's too much.

IF there's actually a killer / sex offender loose, then the FBI has work to do, and maybe it's " possible" that the Glock belongs to the possibly hypothetical other man, since it can't be found.
I wish this could be resolved with either a confirmation or a denial of the validity of the " report" going around re: semen present on the girls' clothing or bodies and DNA not matching Sweat, whom I definitely think is guilty, of course.
The possible news ( or rumor, I do not know which as the links to not seem to be newspaper sources or major outlet sources) been " out there" for months now.

If "ID" made a mistake in their program, they need to edit it out and re-air the revised show and have a talking head segment where they explain that their source or reporting was wrong. The families deserve to know the truth.
They deserve better than RUMORS.

Last edited:
For those who want to see/ hear the Investigation Discovery channel's Shadow Of Doubt program on the girls called "Crossing Bad Creek Bridge" the statements of DNA swabbing, likely sexual posing, comes at the 15:00 mark into the program.

For those who do not want to watch the ID 1 hour show, here's an unofficial and extemporaneous transcript I stopped tape and typed as I watched. Emphasis is on the DNA evidence,

My personal impression is that they DID play up the possibility of sexual assault of one or both victims early in the program, and they END the show with the revelation that the DNA does not match Kevin Sweat's and that they are not looking for the male who sexually assaulted the girls or their bodies postmortem. They are not attempting to source the DNA.

The program's discussion is with multiple professionals, who are each named, talking about the sexual assault. I have transcribed who said what and I avow that the people named are accurate and the words spoken are completely accurate. I transcribed word for word. There was no actor or actress recreation in any of the DNA discussions.

There are reenactments of similar age and size girls playing on the creek and near the road. We see the " gunshots" and there is no doubt that it was a gruesome and very bloody scene. Okfuskee County Sheriff Derrall Summers first addresses the possibility of a sexual motivation for the murder by referring to the posing of Taylor - quote- " Her body appeared to be posed in a sexual nature".

He continues with his narrative " We thought something of a sexual nature was tried to have happened. Something scared the assailant off and he'd come back to finish what he'd started."

OSBI shown at the 15:31 mark in woods with two young actresses posed with their legs bent at the knee and far apart.
Voiceover of Sheriff Summers: "Blood and hair collected ( from both girls) for samples, and swabs for DNA to lab for testing.
Their underwear is sent to the OSBI lab for testing."
OSBI agents ( or actors dressed as OSBI agents) are shown.

Sheriff Summers is back on screen with face shown. He says " The DNA was found on their clothes. Some of it was on their shorts."
Cut to Gretchen Mosley, Public Defender, Oklahoma:
She states" Taylor was shot in the hip, her groin area"
Announcer overvoice: " Strangely, there are no bullet holes in her shorts. So Taylor's shorts may have been pulled up or off before she was shot".

Cut to Brent Turvey,PhD, Forensic Scientist/ Criminal Profiler:
"The offender didn't want you to think the shorts were off.
The only reason to take off their shorts was to gain access to their genital area."
Continue with Brent Turvey, PhD, Forensic Scientist/ Criminal Profiler " And the lab analysis of the victims' underwear found sperm in both pairs of underwear. That right there tells you you have a sexual homicide".

Not quoting family name or relationship out of respect for the family but sperm was found on the comforter covering Taylor's bed.: DNA of a young male family member with a police record was questioned. HIS DNA was a match to the semen DNA found on the comforter. His explanation was that he and his girlfriend had sex a few days earlier on the bed. Taylor was not present.

Quoting an unnamed voice which I believe is that of Sheriff Summers but is not identified: " The DNA found on the girl's underwear does not match XXXXX's.( family member's) nor does it match any member of the Placker family."
Sheriff Summers states they interview and clear the Placker family.

Linda Placker, Taylor's aunt works at a deli type restaurant. ( known to be Subway). They have a clip featuring her, a co-worker Amanda Hamm, and co-worker Kevin Sweat.... who is also an employee of the Sub shop asking if there are any new leads. This is totally freaky and awful. He IS the killer, but the actor playing his part at this time is neat and cleaned up. Smallish, glasses, looks average at best.
No mention of the two names being identical on the show at that point.

Sweat says, on video from prison: " I remember going basically to the area where I have family living".
Narrator- "Investigators think he was not in the area to visit family but to scope out 2 young victims." ( A sexual motive was again assigned to the crimes).

The DNA controversy:
Narrator: Kevin Sweat is currently serving 3 life sentences for the murders of Ashley Taylor, Skyla Whitaker and Taylor Plasker. But, one KEY piece of evidence recovered at the crime scene does not fit".

Gretchen Mosley, Public Defender, Oklahoma is shown. She says " Kevin's DNA is excluded from every item that was tested by the OSBI that was collected from the crime scene. Dr. Turvey's findings were inconsistent with the state's theory of the case. There was no longer sexual motivation or component".

Dr. Turvey speaking on video - "The prosecution's theory is that because the victim's shorts were loose, and she ( meaning Taylor) was laying at some interesting angle, that the offender could have shot her and the bullet could have gone underneath her shorts. THEY STOPPED LOOKING FOR THAT OFFENDER'S SPERM. We don't know WHO the donor is. He ends the episode by saying " I'm not the decision maker".

There was very little discussion of Skyla Whitaker at all. The fact that both girls had sperm on their clothing and bodies is not addressed, only the positioning of Taylor is mentioned, and it really doesn't make sense anyway. The bullets didn't deposit semen on the girls, a male did that day.

The show ended on this note. I found it to be extremely unsettling that the implication has to be: There was a sexual predator in the woods with them.
There's STILL a criminal who committed two acts of sexual assault on the girls who is unknown to the public, and presumably, to LE.

Since the Sheriff, an Okla. DA, Dr. Turvey who is a well- known criminal profiler and forensic scientist who was called in at the beginning of the case to help profile the killer, including close examination of the possibility or probability of sexual assault, they are each responsible for professional honesty in the show.

I truly don't understand how the people of Weleetka can think they and their children are safe now.

Respectfully, and IMO, except for direct quotes which are factually stated as true by the experts.

I need to clarify a point in the post above which I made a few day ago ( #279 ).

What I failed to make clear is the fact that due to the qualities of the seminal fluid samples found on both girls' bodies, underwear, and shorts, it is believed they were assaulted when they were alive, perhaps wounded, but not dead, or almost instantly after death. There were no signs of struggle at the crime scene, and the belief of the criminal profiler who worked on this case with LE, Dr. Turvey, is that Kevin Sweat likely shot from either a vehicle or got out and shot from the side of the road, not from the woods. Thus the unknown perp. was likely with him in his vehicle, got out, walked or ran into the woods, attempted to sexually assault Taylor, ejaculated on both girls' partially nude bodies.
This murderer was NOT someone who was a sicko who happened upon the girls later and abused their corpses.
He was in contact physically with the girls when they were either immobilized or shot but not dead, or very recently dead, meaning within minutes of their demise. He also is the reasonable suspect and reason never explained for the presence of 2 different caliber of gunshots and casings found. Some were ,22 and some were .38. The .38 gun belonging to Kevin Sweat has never been found. I believe it is with the other murderer. The one who got away, scot free.

Ballistic testing of one of the guns used in the crime, a 22 caliber handgun, and evidence of Kevin Sweat owning a .38 gun, said to be a Glock, and because of other evidence, Kevin Sweat pleaded guilty to the murders of Taylor and Skyla without a trial.
Therefore, the unanswered questions about the sexual assaults and the presence of 2 different caliber handguns with multiple lethal shots to both girls was not been asked in a court of law, and has not been addressed, explored nor solved.

LE believes they " got their man" and there is no investigation or plans for an investigation, per their words, to find the second unknown KILLER. 2 hand guns, 2 perps., one who stayed in his truck ( Kevin Sweat) and shot from a slightly longer range, and the unidentified perp. who was in the woods shooting the girls with a .38 Glock which also likely belonged to Kevin Sweat..

Sweat's girlfriend's remains were partially incinerated after she was stabbed and shot in the outdoor firepit of his father's home. Skyla and Taylor's bodies were neither taken nor hidden in any way, but posed, likely by the unknown killer.
Kevin Sweat was obviously guilty of 3 murders, and he pleaded guilty to 3 murders, those of his girlfriend, Skyla and Taylor. I find no fault in this part of the investigation of the crime.

There is unmatched and untested male DNA from semenvwhich was found ON BOTH GIRLS AT THE CRIME SCENE, which was fresh, meaning the unknown killer had a narrow timeframe in which to assault, kill, then stage the bodies from the time the two girls left the Placker house with the grandparents at home and supervising until they were found.

The bodies were posed very soon after death by the second, unknown killer who left DNA on both girls which is not Kevin Sweat's DNA. Both girls had been sexually assaulted, or there was attempted sexual assault at the crime scene by one male- the same unknown and unmatched donor of the seminal DNA found on the bodies, their outer clothing, and their underwear and the shooter of the missing .38 caliber Glock handgun.

The expert profiler and criminal behaviorist, Dr. Turvey, who gives really helpful insights into Kevin Sweat's " reasons" the girls were killed states at the end of the documentary that he worked ON THIS CASE and advised LE that there were 2 men involved.
It was not a reenactment, he was videoed speaking about the presence of 2 killers, one who is unknown to this day.

He states that LE HAS DECLINED TO LOOK FOR THE SECOND MURDERER AND PERPETRATOR OF SEXUAL ASSAULT.

Due to the arrest and guilty plea by ONE of the TWO men, Kevin Sweat, I believe the investigation was considered solved and the case was closed without attempts to locate the second shooter who left his DNA on the bodies and clothing of the two girls' bodies.

Can anything be done to get the investigation opened to look for the second killer and the one who committed or attempted sexual assault and posed the girls' bodies?

This second, unidentified but definitely present murderer is not being sought. He's likely in or near the Wetleeka, Kansas, area, as Kevin Sweat was a very lazy killer.

I believe the unknown male is either a spree killer who was a close friend of Sweat's, OR a family member of Sweat's because the reason K. Sweat gave for the girls' murders was revenge for a drug deal between an extended Plasker family member and K. Sweat's brother, who died from a drug overdose. Sweat believes his brother wouldn't have died if not for the unidentified Plasker family member who has a criminal record related to drug distribution.

This case is NOT solved. There is a murderer still unfound. The " Investigation Discovery" documentary was factual. It was NOT fictionalized. The only known detail which was omitted was the workplace of Kevin Sweat not being identified as a Subway deli. What can be done to get the second killer found, arrested, and tried for murder?

Last edited:

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Soccergirl500
Back