Kevin Sweat charged with 1ST DEGREE MURDER Taylor & Skyla

http://www.tulsaworld.com/homepage2/kevin-sweat-won-t-face-death-penalty-in-killings-of/article_320f9865-98f3-5b7f-83c1-5e6408e5f383.html

A suspect in three homicides has waived his right to a jury trial, meaning he will no longer face the death penalty and his fate will be determined by an Okfuskee County judge.

Kevin Sweat faces three counts of first-degree murder in the 2008 deaths of Skyla Whitaker and Taylor Paschal-Placker outside Weleetka and the 2011 death of his fiancée, Ashley Taylor.,,

If he is convicted of murder, the only options for his punishment under Oklahoma law will now be life in prison without parole, or life with the possibility of parole.

There are some really senseless murders, but this case has to be one of the most tragic and senseless I've come across on WS.

That is so wrong... fgs he killed three individuals and two were little girls. Why does waiving his right to a jury trial nullify the death penalty? I am not usually a proponent of the death penalty, except in extreme cases, but the depravity in this case warrants it IMO. He gets rewarded for being too cowardly to face a jury of his peers and his life is spared.

Just maddening and it upsets me so much I can't even express myself right now!!!!

http://www.tulsaworld.com/homepage3...cle_648f54a7-6226-5a3c-a0c9-2e6a9e18557f.html

Prosecutors are seeking to present evidence at trial that Kevin Sweat abused and threatened to kill his girlfriend one month before he allegedly gunned down two Weleetka girls in 2008.

At a hearing Wednesday in Okfuskee County District Court, District Judge Lawrence Parish said he would consider whether that evidence could be allowed at trial in addition to several other pre-trial matters at a July 16 hearing.

Kevin Sweat is evil personified. I suspect he was on 'something' himself when he murdered these precious girls seeing as how he thought they were 'monsters'. We discussed a possible meth connection early on due to our locals mentioning that meth was rampant in the area. And IIRC Christopher Plackers name came up at some point. Was he the man at Taylor's funeral who was giving the stink eye in the pics and we wondered who he was? It's been so long now that I cannot recall but I remember his name being mentioned.

I hope and pray KS is sentenced to LWOP because that will be a greater hell for him than the DP. Prisoners don't take kindly to child killers amongst them.

Prayers of peace to the Placker, Whitaker, and Taylor families! Thanks for the link, doublestop!

Dude. Makes. Me. Sick.

First, he brutally killed two little innocents to avenge the death of his brother who died using illegal drugs.
So, he is the good guy here ... just sticking up for his family.

What the heck does he want to tell the FBI - help me get a Congressional Medal Of Honor & get me out of prison?

I don't know what kind of smiley to add; I need to get out of here before I type very un-ladylike words.​

sigpic29999_9.gif

http://www.okcfox.com/story/26320961/family-of-murder-victim-seeks-law-change-to-protect-jobs

The triple murder case resulted in many delays and a lot of hearings, some that gave little notice to the Taylors who had to take time off work and drive more than an hour to get to court. “The amount of time that we ended up taking off work, my wife and I, was unbelievable,” Taylor told Fox 25. Taylor says his employer was supportive, but with all the hearings and the prospect of a trial that could last weeks he was always worried the generosity might wear out...

Now the Taylors are working on a proposal to lawmakers that would give the families of crime victims peace of mind that they can't lose their jobs for going to court hearings. Right now the law allows victims and their families to attend every court hearing, but there is no protection for their jobs, or their employers.

“I think we should be able to come up with something so people don't have to worry about their jobs when they go through this,” Taylor said. He has begun the process of contacting legislators with the idea and has the support of a homicide victims support group he and his wife have joined.

So, these innocent little girls were actually targeted because of drugs? That just makes me even sicker.

Well, read this... it is really sickening. This freak has "little to no" remorse.

http://www.tulsaworld.com/homepage2/report-convicted-killer-kevin-sweat-shows-little-to-no-remorse/article_ffd5cfc0-39f7-50c6-900c-e9afe79a765c.html

Before convicting Sweat in July, Parish read through each of the charges and asked Sweat whether he fully understood that he was giving up his constitutional right to a trial. Sweat told the judge he understood, and he signed a written guilty plea admitting that testimony he gave the OSBI, along with statements by witnesses and evidence collected by the state, proved his guilt.

But when he met with a DOC investigator on Aug. 13, Sweat had apparently changed his tune and told the officer that statements provided so far in his court case were “bogus.”

“This officer found that his version of each crime was markedly different than the statements provided by him in the 2011 affidavits,” the report states. “In general the defendant spoke mostly about himself, his future and his interests while setting up a disjointed storyline explaining his whereabouts or involvement while the crimes were occurring.”

Now he says he wants to withdraw the guilty pleas.

http://www.okcfox.com/story/26668474/kevin-sweat-tells-fox-25-he-will-withdraw-guilty-pleas

During a phone call Tuesday afternoon, Sweat told Fox 25's Phil Cross he only agreed to plead guilty to “talk with the FBI.” Previously Sweat said he could provide federal investigators information that would “lead to federal indictments.” However on Tuesday, Sweat said he believed the FBI agents did not take his information seriously enough so he decided to withdraw his pleas.

Sweat said he has filled out the paperwork to change his pleas, but is waiting on his lawyers to pick them up and filed them with the court.

Fox 25 contacted the Okfuskee County District Attorney's office who has been prosecuting the case. The prosecutor said she anticipated Sweat might try to withdraw his plea, but that it will be up to the judge in the case to accept or reject that his withdrawal.

Fox 25 asked Sweat why he was changing his plea now and if he was willing to face a trial. Sweat said if the prosecutors think their case is strong they can ‘go for it.'

Now he says he wants to withdraw the guilty pleas.

http://www.okcfox.com/story/26668474/kevin-sweat-tells-fox-25-he-will-withdraw-guilty-pleas

During a phone call Tuesday afternoon, Sweat told Fox 25's Phil Cross he only agreed to plead guilty to “talk with the FBI.” Previously Sweat said he could provide federal investigators information that would “lead to federal indictments.” However on Tuesday, Sweat said he believed the FBI agents did not take his information seriously enough so he decided to withdraw his pleas.

Sweat said he has filled out the paperwork to change his pleas, but is waiting on his lawyers to pick them up and filed them with the court.

Fox 25 contacted the Okfuskee County District Attorney's office who has been prosecuting the case. The prosecutor said she anticipated Sweat might try to withdraw his plea, but that it will be up to the judge in the case to accept or reject that his withdrawal.

Fox 25 asked Sweat why he was changing his plea now and if he was willing to face a trial. Sweat said if the prosecutors think their case is strong they can ‘go for it.'
Oh GAH

I remember this case now. Cannot believe how long it is taking to be shut of this monster. How horrible for the families of the girls to have to continue to live this. Self serving psycho, I will second what you have said Amanda. Cannot wait to never have to hear of this horrible man ever again.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Soccergirl500
Back