KidFinders ~ Have the EVER found a kid? & Kathi B. Interview #2

Status
Not open for further replies.
With all due respect to the posters here and to their views, I believe everyone should think twice before firing off complaints about this. It seems WSers have already made sure they are aware of KFN, and I assume the authorities are, or have already, looked into them.

It freaks me out a bit to see so many personal details for these people being posted! It could happen to any one of us one day too, and I doubt we'd want a large group of people who are suspicious of us, knowing where we live etc and posting it at a forum as busy as this one.

The fact is that even if an agency is aware of a certain entity, they will not investigate that entity without receiving complaints from consumers. The complaints are a necessary part of the investigative process. We're not talking about ordinary citizens being suspect, this is a 501c3 charitable organization that should expect (and welcome) scrutiny.

I'm so confused....is there proof they were inappropriately applying the funds to unlawful/unauthorised purposes??

Again, just as an investigation can find inappropriate behavior, it can just as easily find that nothing improper was done.

The important thing is to find the truth, so why fear the process?

And, very possibly, gives the family more of a chance to get their child's picture out there. Are you certain they are personally profiting from this organization or do you just suspect it? Do we know their motivation for starting KFN? Have any families of missing children ever criticised them? Any complaints before the WS complaints?

It sounds like everyone here already has them convicted, and I'm confused as to why.

The court documents are a matter of public record. WS-ers do not "convict", LE handles that. Feel free to check the Palm Beach Clerk online records for starters.

Pesonal? If you are convicted of breaking the law, it becomes public record.

Even if you are a law abiding citizen, most of our info is now out there on the web for people to get...phone number searches, reverse number searches, property searches etc etc. You don't have to be convicted of anything for that to happen.

And what law do you say they were convicted of breaking??? A civil judgment is not a criminal conviction.

You're right.I'd also like to add that all of the information in this thread and the previous thread were found on the internet.

Why do you say she's right? What details that were posted were only available because of their "convictions"? Looks to me like standard stuff anyone could get off the internet? Are you saying that when someone is convicted of a criminal offence, things like their family members names and addresses can be made public??? Somehow I doubt that's right.

I went to the KFN site and was amazed ! I read their stats for how many and how often children go missing, but......searched and did not come across stats for the number they have actually found. This lack of statistic concerns me. IF they were successful, would they not publicize their success stories ?

Are these individuals who possibly prey on families at their MOST vulnerable moments ?

KFN was represented during the prayer service LP had at BP.
After 5 mos. of info from LE, IMO they are encouraging the Anthony family to have false hope for Caylee being alive. The information IMO points in the other direction.

I read their benefactor list and was surpriseed that many reputable Fl.. businesses have contributed to this agency.

One of their CEO's seems to have questionable character. We have all made mistakes,
but I would assume that a CEO at KFN would be expected to have a "snow white " background for respect and stability reasons with the public eye....Maybe I m wrong ?

Why do you say she's right? What details that were posted were only available because of their "convictions"? Looks to me like standard stuff anyone could get off the internet? Are you saying that when someone is convicted of a criminal offence, things like their family members names and addresses can be made public??? Somehow I doubt that's right.

The post said that once your are convicted of a crime, that information is public record. That's what I was agreeing with.
As for the family members and phones numbers, all of that is available on the web. All of the information on this thread is readily available to anyone who is willing to take the time to look for it.

I'm so confused....is there proof they were inappropriately applying the funds to unlawful/unauthorised purposes??

I did not say that-I requested permission even before posting this at all-for those who think they need it, it is there.

I have seen a number of posts regarding giving money for raffles etc...here. I have also read that some of the posters who gave the money did not feel it was going to the cause intended-in the event they feel this way still, here is a resource.

No big deal....

I went to the KFN site and was amazed ! I read their stats for how many and how often children go missing, but......searched and did not come across stats for the number they have actually found. This lack of statistic concerns me. IF they were successful, would they not publicize their success stories ?

Are these individuals who possibly prey on families at their MOST vulnerable moments ?

After 5 mos. of info from LE, IMO they are encouraging the Anthony family to have false hope for Caylee being alive. The information IMO points in the other direction.

I read their benefactor list and was surpriseed that many reputable Fl.. businesses have contributed to this agency.

One of their CEO's seems to have questionable character. We have all made mistakes,
but I would assume that a CEO at KFN would be expected to have a "snow white " background for respect and stability reasons with the public eye....Maybe I m wrong ?

Bold by me.

NOBODY (to my knowledge) has been able to find a single "success story" from this organization. Caylee, Trenton, and Jennifer K. are all high-profile missing persons cases which KFN seems to have latched on to. The billboard that they provide does help increase awareness, as do the fliers. As far as I can seen, these have been their only contributions.

As for preying on families, I have to 100% agree with this statement.

I DO think they are feeding into the A's denial about what really happened to Caylee, otherwise Cindy would have cut ties long ago. Sadly, their motivation for this seems to be the donations they are getting using Caylee's name, and not a genuine concern for G&C.

YES, DM does seem to have questionable character. Impersonating an officer of the law is not a minor offense, IMO. There are others who know much more than I do on this topic, but I will say that KFN is not an organization I would align myself with or that I would like to be a part of.

bunny do you work for a charity? if so then i understand your concern.

I'm confused as to why KFN dosen't have Caylee in thier media links to help them in searching??? Believe me I'd love for her to be found one way or another! When I went to there site I was shocked that she is not listed on this page for ref. On this pg. she is featured on the left but it just links u to the missing flyer...confussed here!

Sorry if this has been posted before but I'm stunned & had the need to vent. Asking anyone if they know why she isn't included on this pg.?

Link:

http://kidfindersnetwork.com/coverage.html

You would "expect" that....Yes.
Would it be true? check the public records available online for Palm Beach Clerk's office.

FWIW-the yardstick always given to me when posting is if the names have been in the media, then they can be posted. DM has been quite a prominent figure, so I guess he is fair game.

I am uncomfortable personally with posting information about anyone else unless it fits this criteria-a good rule of thumb is the Brooke Bennett thread....if the person can be considered a victim, then they do not get bashed. Family typically does not unless they themselves are driving quite a bit of media attention, and then they are fair game to a certain extent.

JMHO.

Even if you are a law abiding citizen, most of our info is now out there on the web for people to get...phone number searches, reverse number searches, property searches etc etc. You don't have to be convicted of anything for that to happen.

And what law do you say they were convicted of breaking??? A civil judgment is not a criminal conviction.

The conviction on the felony charge of impersonating a police officer. It was a criminal conviction, involving a guilty plea to a lesser charge.

With all due respect to the posters here and to their views, I believe everyone should think twice before firing off complaints about this. It seems WSers have already made sure they are aware of KFN, and I assume the authorities are, or have already, looked into them.

It freaks me out a bit to see so many personal details for these people being posted! It could happen to any one of us one day too, and I doubt we'd want a large group of people who are suspicious of us, knowing where we live etc and posting it at a forum as busy as this one.

Any person who donated money is well within their rights to file a complaint with the AG office that being said any citizen is also well within their rights to request a detailed report on any organization

Many WSers donated to search for Caylee and need to be made aware of their rights

And, very possibly, gives the family more of a chance to get their child's picture out there. Are you certain they are personally profiting from this organization or do you just suspect it? Do we know their motivation for starting KFN? Have any families of missing children ever criticised them? Any complaints before the WS complaints?

It sounds like everyone here already has them convicted, and I'm confused as to why.

Noone here had anything to do with the convictions against DM--he got those all by his lonesome
As for families of other missing children--well there doesn't seem to be a history of helping anyone so we can't answer that question with any accuracy

When someone starts a charity that is supposed to aid in finding lost children and they advertise it as such it would be nice if the money was actually used as it was stated it would be and to date this has not happened so we have to wonder what exactly the money is going towards which leads us back to my answer to your first quote

No not yet but once complainte are filed they will be required to show an accounting of all funds collected which were given to aid them in searching which as we know has not been done

You are correct in that information is readily available and while one would hope that people wouldn't take your info because of personal grudges it is there as public knowledge for public entities which KFN is---KFN chose to place themselves under public scrutiny by creating a publicly funded charitable organization

There is more than just A civil judgement there are quite a few and there is also a criminal conviction

So a good question to ask here is.......Can the owner of a felony conviction maintain a charitable organization??

This thread so far has dealt only with the members of the KFN

Just a reminder!
There will no posting of personal information such as full names, address/other here.​

The fact is that even if an agency is aware of a certain entity, they will not investigate that entity without receiving complaints from consumers. The complaints are a necessary part of the investigative process. We're not talking about ordinary citizens being suspect, this is a 501c3 charitable organization that should expect (and welcome) scrutiny.

Again, just as an investigation can find inappropriate behavior, it can just as easily find that nothing improper was done.

The important thing is to find the truth, so why fear the process?

I think they've gotten enough complaints already...don't ya think? I mean it even made the news, as did WS' involvement with the account being shut down.

There is a difference between a genuine, legitimate complaint from a "consumer", and wild speculation from people in forums being encouraged to write in and complain about an organization they have had no personal dealings with, and probably have no standing to make a complaint as a "consumer" (your term).

An investigation is one thing, and as I said before, I think it already happened or is still happening. Serious accusations are being made against the individuals involved in this group in relation to misuse of funds, and I don't see any real basis for those allegations. And I'm no fan of the Anthony's.

The court documents are a matter of public record. WS-ers do not "convict", LE handles that. Feel free to check the Palm Beach Clerk online records for starters.

LOL...if you want to get technical, LE doesn't convict either...that is left to the judge and/or jury.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Back