"Killing Field" in League City, Texas- Calder Rd Cold Cases

:happydance: Hey all, Google "My Look into the Texas Killing Fields by Jim C. I think you will find it interesting and it has already stirred a storm. A former detective who worked on a couple of the missing cases said it's accurate and there is a conspiracy to hide this info at the LCPD and GCSO....!!!

Mind blown. I lived right down the street from this area when I was a youngster. I had no idea the " Texas Killing Fields'' were in League City. I wish I was old enough to remember more of the area.

I remember back in the 80's my friends and I would go to Galveston all the time. We had never even heard of the Killing Fields....kinda makes me wonder what my teenage years would have been like if my friends and I did know about the Killing Fields back then. We certainly wouldn't have been going to Galveston as much as we did. We even stayed at the commodore where the one girl was taken from the front desk. Well if any of you all live in the Houston area and would like to discuss this case and others then please check out my new meet-up group. http://www.meetup.com/Houston-Criminology-and-Forensics-Meetup-Group/events/226679121/

I went to high school in Santa Fe and lived not to far from Calder Road. I looked it up on a map once. I use to run up the road to a gas station that couldn't have been more than a couple of miles from there. I know my Dad was always paranoid about my friends and I going to Galveston. Now I know why, but I don't know why we never heard about it when I was a teen. I knew about one case of a girl that was abducted who worked in Galveston but the Calder road 'killing fields' were much closer to me and I never heard a thing.

IMO, the public is not told about certain crimes for many reasons. 1) public outcry, 2) panic, 3) people will avoid certain areas (say Galveston) and it hurts tourism, 4) some LE will actually have to do their jobs (oops, did I say that), 5) public will learn there are people in LE positions that don't have a clue what they are doing (incompetence/ignorance), 6) lack of resources/man power, 7) corruption, cover-up, ... oh yes, there could be many reasons why "I never heard a thing about those things going on in my backyard."

On the other hand, there have been cases that have been so quickly solved that blow my mind at how awesome of a job LE did in making an arrest. There are some dang good competent LE out there! We need more of that them for sure!

The rape kit DNA screenings still blow my mind! It is not isolated only to Harris County, it is a national disgrace. The technology is there but it is obviously not a priority in our country. Does that mean that rape is low priority, the victims don't matter, that it is not really seen as a crime, and/or the victims really do not matter? I think about the women that recently marched in DC and wonder where their priorities really are; where is the public outcry!

Cold Case: Dad Claims He Solved Daughter's 'Killing Field' Murder

Almost as soon as 16-year-old Laura Miller was kidnapped and murdered in 1984, her case went cold. The League City teen probably ran away, police initially told her father, Tim Miller. She had a history of suicide attempts, they reminded the worried dad. He asked police: Could Laura's disappearance be connected to the murder of Heidi Fye, a waitress whose body was discovered in the desolate oil field off Interstate 45? Both were last seen at the same gas station, both used the same payphone, and they lived within three blocks of one another. Didn't it make sense to at least look at a serial killing?

So, Fye and the two Jane Does were likely either drug addicts or prostitutes or both. Laura Miller was only 16. She had seizures and suffered from depression. Other than that, she does not fit. Why Laura?

April 11, 2019
League City Police Officers' Association
Calder Road Victims Identified

Jane and Janet Doe have been identified using genetic genealogy. League City Police Department will hold a press conference at 10:30 a.m. on Monday, April 15, 2019 to reveal their identities.
57319728_1805949546172764_6821025038100070400_n.jpg

I went to see the fields yesterday to view memorial for Laura Miller an I see just inside the fence a pair of women's Jean's, 2 shoes and bit further away, a pair of panties.
I think its s cruel joke but just in case it's real, I notified police after and with I knew what happened. Here are the photos of clothed. It's not letting me share photos

I went to see the fields yesterday to view memorial for Laura Miller an I see just inside the fence a pair of women's Jean's, 2 shoes and bit further away, a pair of panties.
I think its s cruel joke but just in case it's real, I notified police after and with I knew what happened. Here are the photos of clothed. It's not letting me share photos
I hope the cops actually looked into it, just in case. I mean, you never know...

VIDEO
Bodies of 4 Texas women were dumped in a field 20 years ago. FBI still seeks answers
September 18, 2019
“It’s important for the public to know that we have not given up. It may be labeled a cold case, but that doesn’t mean it’s sitting on a shelf and isn’t being worked,” said Special Agent Richard Rennison, who has worked the Calder Road killings case out of the FBI’s Houston Field Office, for more than a decade. “It’s being worked actively at the FBI and actively at the League City Police Department.”

The Killing Fields -
Decades Later, Investigators Still Searching for Answers in Murders of Four Women

The women seemingly had little in common. One was just a teenager. Another was a local bartender. One was a 30-year-old mechanic. The fourth was a young mother

But their lives appear to have ended in the same place—a rural field off a dirt road in League City, Texas, between Houston and Galveston. It was a desolate space, dotted by little more than oil rigs and dirt roads. If they cried for help, it’s unlikely anyone heard.

Years after finding the four bodies in that field near Calder Road—part of an area that became known as “the Killing Fields”—investigators are still trying to find the murderer(s).

The Killing Fields — FBI

high

Heidi Fye

• Bartender
  • Last seen in 1983 in League City, Texas
  • Body found in 1984

high

Laura Miller

• Born on July 17, 1968
  • Went missing on September 10, 1984
  • High school student in League City, Texas
  • Body found in 1986
(father founder of Texas EquuSearch, a Texas-based non-profit that searches for missing people. His organization has found more than 250 bodies all over the world and has recovered living missing people as well.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Soccergirl500
Back