Killing Fields North - Montgomery County

Is there an overview of this I-45 thing? I know nothing about it and would like to get some background on this but I can't find anything like it and there's way too much out there right now to know where to start. All I know is that people have been murdered or found here? When did it start, and stop? Does LE have an opinion on it? Any other background info to know?

You just have to jump in. I have been researching these cases for 8 years now. There are so many single killers/abductors and then there are multiple serial killers. I started with the missing/murdered girls in the 70s and worked my way to present day. I include most Houston-area cases and others along I-45 up through DFW. I do not include cases along I-35 in my research.

Is there an overview of this I-45 thing? I know nothing about it and would like to get some background on this but I can't find anything like it and there's way too much out there right now to know where to start. All I know is that people have been murdered or found here? When did it start, and stop? Does LE have an opinion on it? Any other background info to know?
Claudette, you might want to start with this link to the CBS 48 Hours story:

http://www.cbsnews.com/8301-18559_162-20124020/the-real-life-mystery-of-texas-killing-fields/

Next, I'd suggest going to this thread:

http://www.websleuths.com/forums/showthread.php?t=32844&page=9

That's where we started the forum, and from there we posted cases by decades, suspects, and so forth. JeannieC, Ikoihil, and :+:Mr TT:+: get tons of credit for getting this forum going. Nutkin has joined us recently and made a great contribution with his/her knowledge. Many of these cases are still unsolved and getting no attention. We'd love to have your input. :tyou:

:seeya:Hi, Ikoihil! So glad to see you're still with us. :blowkiss:

Welcome, tjfenske. Thank you for the correction. Hope we'll hear more from you. As I said, the unsolved cases are getting no attention. The victims deserve justice, and their families deserve answers. So please feel free to pull up a chair and dig right in.

:welcome5:

(My apologies to all of you for my tardy response. ;) )

Just watched the repeat of the 48 hours episode. So haunting and very sad. :rose:

I was wondering if the suspect in Mickey Shunick's case might have been involved, but he was in prison from 99 until 2008, and in the 95, 96 97 cases, he would have been a young teen.

Just watched the repeat of the 48 hours episode. So haunting and very sad. :rose:

I was wondering if the suspect in Mickey Shunick's case might have been involved, but he was in prison from 99 until 2008, and in the 95, 96 97 cases, he would have been a young teen.

I think he has left some type of mark on 45. Just my opinion

I used to live in Conroe which is in Montgomery County. What a corrupt little town! I lived near downtown in one of the historic homes. There were so many strange people that walked down the street, people that would try to scout out the homes from the sidewalk. We moved because of safety concerns. but I did not know about all of the cases around in Montgomery county. It makes me glad I left that area. I'd heard there was a large meth and heroin trafficking ring. I think that section of I-45 is especially dangerous because of its proximity to the large prison in Huntsville where they execute death row inmates for Texas. They have also carried out unethical experiments on the prisoners, some of whom are released and head south to Houston for work or the warm climate. I was told never to stop off of I 45 at night to even to buy gas.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Soccergirl500
Back