Kilometres for Kids

Will send out emails to the 3 online news sites here (as I did when Tori first went missing). I will also post it on my Facebook for my local friends. Wishing I had done it sooner because I grew up in and near North Bay.

I'm in the Soo, and will send out emails to the 3 online news sites here (as I did when Tori first went missing). I will also post it on my Facebook for my local friends. Wishing I had done it sooner because I grew up in and near North Bay.

I was checking out ChildFind ontario website, they have Rodney/Tori on it. I then checked Child Find Alberta site, they did not have him on it. I emailed them. Have not heard back yet.

Does anyone have connections in these cities? I wonder if us Sleuthers called ahead and made local media and radio/tv more aware that he is on the way....just an idea of how we could help out.

Turbo I just read your post (#13) after posting this....great minds think alike!

I am in Sudbury, I figure he will be here tomorrow since he was in Northbay last night. We are 120+ K away so it should take him little over a day. I will go email local news stations right now.

I was checking out ChildFind ontario website, they have Rodney/Tori on it. I then checked Child Find Alberta site, they did not have him on it. I emailed them. Have not heard back yet.

Would you happen to have a link to that flip? I was on CF Ontario last nite and couldn't find a thing.

I am disappointed that CF Canada and CF provincial offices don't seem to have anything about KfK on their pages. They all have the same objectives regarding children, and I think they should be rallying around any of their partners or those who are doing great deeds in the name of children everywhere.

Would you happen to have a link to that flip? I was on CF Ontario last nite and couldn't find a thing.

I am disappointed that CF Canada and CF provincial offices don't seem to have anything about KfK on their pages. They all have the same objectives regarding children, and I think they should be rallying around any of their partners or those who are doing great deeds in the name of children everywhere.

On Child Find Ontario
http://www.ontario.childfind.ca/victoriasmessage.html

Done!

Why not bombard them with emails?

news@sootoday.com

info@soonews.ca

You can send a note to the Sault Star here:

http://www.saultstar.com/feedback1/default.aspx?e5=an_newspaperemail

I wish we knew someone in Jasper...this guy deserves a HUGE welcome when he arrives at his final destination! Anyone have connections?

Carriebean...I sent an email to the above addresses, I did get a response back from the first one. They asked for more info on when he would arrive and a contact to get in touch with Rodney, I directed her to the Eye-zON link and told them to leave him a message about getting in contact with him

I wish we knew someone in Jasper...this guy deserves a HUGE welcome when he arrives at his final destination! Anyone have connections?

Carriebean...I sent an email to the above addresses, I did get a response back from the first one. They asked for more info on when he would arrive and a contact to get in touch with Rodney, I directed her to the Eye-zON link and told them to leave him a message about getting in contact with him

I had already sent the links to child find and Eye-zON. Maybe they read your email first. Was the email from Helwig? I would think Sootoday would know about it since Baytoday had an article on their site.

Does Child Find Ontario receive all donations? Maybe this is why it's not on the other Provinces sites?

I had already sent the links to child find and Eye-zON. Maybe they read your email first. Was the email from Helwig? I would think Sootoday would know about it since Baytoday had an article on their site.

My response back was from Angela@soonews

Leaving North Bay

Leaving North Bay this morning. Great day yesterday – raised over $830 in donations at Northgate Central Mall. Thanks to Katherine from the mall for helping us out, and to the Holiday Inn Express North Bay for taking such good care of us with a nice place to stay.​

Saw a family of bears! One came pretty close to the car. Very cool.​

Heading up Hwy 17 to Sudbury today. If anyone in the towns along the way wants to track us and come out to make a donation, Pete from EYE-ZON is following me in the van, and he’ll gladly stop to accept Child Find donations. I wish I could stop and talk to everyone, but when I’m on the bike, we have a daily goal, and it’s ambitious, so I kind of need to concentrate and keep the pedals moving. I really appreciate everyone coming out to wish me well, though.​

Let’s keep pushing together, for Tori, and all kids.​

Thursday, August 13, 2009

shapeimage_2.png

http://www.eye-zon.com/EyezonBlack2...Kids/Entries/2009/8/13_Leaving_North_Bay.html

It is amazing to see a such a heinous crime, and the loss of a precious child turn into something that can benefit everyone. Rodney, I feel, deserves any and all support he can get.
Leaving North Bay

Leaving North Bay this morning. Great day yesterday – raised over $830 in donations at Northgate Central Mall. Thanks to Katherine from the mall for helping us out, and to the Holiday Inn Express North Bay for taking such good care of us with a nice place to stay.​

Saw a family of bears! One came pretty close to the car. Very cool.​

Heading up Hwy 17 to Sudbury today. If anyone in the towns along the way wants to track us and come out to make a donation, Pete from EYE-ZON is following me in the van, and he’ll gladly stop to accept Child Find donations. I wish I could stop and talk to everyone, but when I’m on the bike, we have a daily goal, and it’s ambitious, so I kind of need to concentrate and keep the pedals moving. I really appreciate everyone coming out to wish me well, though.​

Let’s keep pushing together, for Tori, and all kids.​

Thursday, August 13, 2009

shapeimage_2.png

http://www.eye-zon.com/EyezonBlack2...Kids/Entries/2009/8/13_Leaving_North_Bay.html

Loved waking up this morning and Rodney was one of the top news stories on the radio, WTG Rodney hope your journey is successful in your plight and that it brings some of the closure you need and deserve. My heart is with you along the way.

I hope a ton of people contribute or just take the time to support him along the way. In addition i hope many participate in Rebecca's auction at the final destination. God bless...

They do post donation info in subsequent articles, I'll post one below. My heart just about breaks reading some things this man writes, I really hope this journey provides him with everything he is looking for, even if it is just solace from the media I think the trial will just about kill him :(...

"It's tiring, but I know the cause," Stafford said, describing what it's like to cycle and meet so many people.

There's still a lot of sympathy and condolences, but it's like people know, they've come to understand to not bring up Victoria anymore," he said, with repeated conversations over details of her death being more of a burden."

http://www.nugget.ca/ArticleDisplay.aspx?e=1696824

http://www.woodstocksentinelreview.com/ArticleDisplay.aspx?e=1700400

A Sault Star reporter emailed me saying he will be working on the weekend, and asked me to let him know when Rodney is expected to arrive in the Sault. Hopefully this means he will be covered online as well as in the local newspaper.

Hopefully Sootoday and Soonews will pick it up also. I sent one email addressed to both of them and doubt that was appreciated, lol, since they're rivals. I also expressed some displeasure a while back with Sootoday about them not wanting to add a missing Tori article/poster to their site, so if others could send an email to news@sootoday.com it may help.

Soonews is usually pretty good for covering issues when asked.

hi everyone in Sudbury! Just an update that Rodney has arrived and will be at the Wal_Mart this afternoon along with Child Find Ontario who will be on hand to do some fingerprinting for kids! Many thanks to EVERYONE who is supporting this venture--you are ALL making a difference! Keep up the great work! terry and john at CFO head office!!

This was on the messages on Kilometres for Kids today around noon!

Posted to Rodney's Eye-zOn Encouragement Messages this morning:

2009-08-14 15:11:43

"hey dad i hope you get this you are doing great i wish i went with you so much ok well i miss you and remember you can do this ill be by your side all the way i miss you and when you get back we have to have a party i havent left woodstock yet im still on frances i miss you again message me on msn or call me plz ok bye dad love Daryn"

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
butiwantedthatname
Back