Known rope in the house

Well, ok, but I don't know...I would think only if someone is writing that way, it makes it easier for a felt pen to pick up the squiggles -- but a felt pen doesn't necessarily create the squiggly writing... I have black sharpies, of different thicknesses at my desk right now. If I write clearly, quickly, and smoothly, there are no squiggles...

And again, it's not just squigglies. There are letters changed and written over, extra lines added, extensions to letters, etc.

If I understand Cherokee correctly, there is whole separate 'expertise' in regards of what kind of pen creates what kind of lines. Like, roll ball pen would creates much different lines than sharpies...therefore, it was very important to examine the originals versa copies. I'm not arguing that the line you saw wasn't added. However, was it added while writing to 'masked' the handwriting or it was added by someone else after RN was written? This is important question. Cherokee believes that RN was written by left-hand in gloves. I'm absolutely not an expert on this subject and had never exemine RN from 'handwriting' point of view. The only thing I saw in regards of handwriting was the huge difference in writing of the first paragraph versa rest of the letter. The first paragraph was written like with 'unstable', 'trambling' hand...Kind of with 'shaky' hand. And as further the note goes - the more 'secured' the person felt...kind of getting comfortable with the 'fantasy world' she creates.

I do believe Patsy wrote RN. And my believes goes long before I read Cherokee's analysis and other books analysis...The first time I did read RN, it strikes me like someone 'out of mind' could write it...the person who is:
- female;
- confused and disturbed;
- using too many NOT important details;
- trying too hard/pretending to be someone else = very bad ACTING!;
- cannot stop 'talking'....looks like the writer has founded the 'comfort zone', the shelter, the security blanket in 'talking'-out. The more words - the better it feels...up to the 'Victory!'...

And after watching Patsy talking on TV and especially in her 'crockumentory' -I cannot stop thinking: it's HER voice and attitude in RN, all over!...jmo

I suppose this is the wrong topic to keep discussing the note, but I'd like to hear what various websleuthers think about this comment:

"LARRY KING: "So you agree that whoever authored the ransom note probably killed the child?"
JOHN RAMSEY: "I agree."
PATSY RAMSEY: "I would agree with that."
[SIZE=-2]Source: the Larry King Live show - May 31, 2000 - CNN cable channel" (courtesy of http://gemart.8m.com/ramsey/note/)
[/SIZE]

LOL..JR said: "I agree" = 2 words...PR needs to say five (5) words to echo her husband...she's something else...sorry for OT....

Let's begin again, shall we? :)

Because you missed the other thread, I can understand why you misunderstood both the tone and reason for my post. I was frustrated and in a hurry when I posted to you, and I didn't make myself clear. As Open Mind has stated, I went into detail about the reason for the "squiggles" on the other thread that has now been deleted. If I'd KNOWN it was going to be taken out, I would have saved my post, but I'll try to re-post the main points. I have been told DocG is insinuating on his blog that I had the thread pulled. Once again, he's wrong.

The reason I posted on that thread, and on this one, was that a poster here at WS alerted me to them and wanted me to comment. I did not come over here looking for a fight, or to upset anyone. After ten years of being on the Ramsey forums (and lurking for years before that), I get VERY frustrated when I hear the same misinformation from people like DocG being repeated ad nauseam. I felt he might have misled you about there being experts who have said John Ramsey wrote the ransom note in order to back up his claims. I understand you don't know all the back story, so I do apologize if my post seemed to be in anger, as that was not my intention. Of course, you are perfectly welcome to your opinion that John wrote the ransom note.

Now, for a reply to you concerning my request for a handwriting expert who said John's handwriting matches the ransom note.

As I said on the other deleted thread, I am well acquainted with Dr. Fausto Brugnatelli. I had NO IDEA that he was the expert DocG was referring to when he said there was an expert who agreed John wrote the ransom note. The reason? Brugnatelli NEVER says John wrote the note, only that he found some similarities. Brugnatelli is smart to do this because he knows what every handwriting expert knows - that everyone has similarities in their handwriting, and that is NOT enough to make a claim regarding authorship. I'm sure there are similar traits in your handwriting and mine. Patsy and I share common letters. It is EASY to find examples of letters that are made the same, but REAL analysis takes into account the writing as a whole.

A good document examiner/handwriting analysis takes many factors into consideration - not just letter formation. There is speed, rhythm, style (angular or rounded), pressure, patiosity, spacing, and many other factors. I have been involved with handwriting analysis for over 35 years, and have done it as a paid professional for the past 10.

If I had known you and DocG were referring to Brugnatelli, my post to you would have been worded much differently. It's not enough to keep saying an expert, or experts, believe John wrote the ransom note. It has to be backed up with names. The problem is: Brugnatelli said no such thing. To bring up the similarities also exposes the differences - such as how John uses upper case letters indescriminately in this words, mixed in with lower case words. Patsy doesn't do that, and neither does the ransom note writer. Furthermore, John's handwriting has a more consistent backward slant than that of the ransom note writer. His spacing between words is much tighter. These are just three of the major differences a true handwriting analyst would include in any analysis, and it underscores the danger in placing too much emphasis on a few alleged letter similarities. In addition, Brugnatelli has NEVER seen any originals of Patsy's exemplars! He has only worked with copies of copies. Cina Wong, the experts at the CBI, and others HAVE seen the originals. It makes a difference.

Next, we have the poor excuse for a handwriting expert, Bart "I'll do anything to make money" Baggett. I'm sorry, but he is not a certified handwriting expert, AND he also does not claim John wrote the ransom note ... which is good for him because he's already ERRONEOUSLY claimed on national TV that John Mark Karr wrote the ransom note!

Baggett and his "Handwriting University" are absolute JOKES among real document examiners and handwriting analysts. It would be like someone claiming they're an astronaut just because they toured NASA and started an online NASA club, complete with a gold star when you finished their NASA study course!

Let me tell you how Baggett got the TV gig where he said he would STAKE HIS REPUTATION on the fact that he believed "100%" John Mark Karr wrote the ransom note - obviously, THAT should keep anyone from believing anything he says because he wagered his own reputation and lost - but here's the story:

When the John Mark Karr circus hit, the TV media heads scrambled to find someone who could look at something JMK wrote in an old yearbook. Do you know what they did? They Googled "handwriting," and of course, found Baggett and his Handwriting University. At the same time, they were also calling other handwriting experts, and here's what the TV programmers said, "if you'll come on and say John Mark Karr wrote the ransom note, we have a spot for you on our show. If not, don't bother to call back." Reputable document examiners and handwriting analysts would not sell their souls like that, but guess what? Bart Baggett couldn't RESIST getting on national TV and promoting himself and his Handwriting University. I suspect if they'd wanted him to say his own mother wrote the ransom note, Bart would have done it! You can't BUY that kind of advertising!

Bart took a chance with his staking his reputation on JMK being the ransom note writer because he couldn't pass up a chance at self promotion. Unfortunately for him, he lost. Unfortunately, for us, no one at the networks called him on it later, and he is STILL in business, but he is no handwriting expert, as his own words attest.

So ... we're back to the reality that there are NO real, certified document examiners or handwriting experts who have seen original copies of the Ramsey exemplars who say that John wrote the ransom note. That's why I said in ten years of research, I'd never seen one expert who had said as much, and it's still true. Brugnatelli does not make the claim, and neither does Baggett. Ubekowski at the CBI said Patsy was the closest match of the three Ramseys, and the other experts there agreed. They had multiple examples of John Ramsey's handwriting with which to compare, not just one. Miller, Epstein, Wong, Leibman, and others have all singled out Patsy's handwriting as matching that of the ransom note. These are real experts with real credentials. They have specialized microscopes and equipment, not just computer magnification of copies of copies, and they have years of training and expertise. Most of them are court certified experts.

Now, about the "squiggles." I believe Patsy wrote the ransom note with her left hand, using gloves. The gloves were primarily used to keep Patsy's fingerprints from touching the paper, but they also helped disguise her handwriting, as did writing with her left hand, even though she was semi-ambidextrous. Add to that the fact that Patsy was shaky with shock and nerves, but she knew her grief would have to wait until she finished her part of the cover-up because she had a mission. She'd already lost JonBenet, and she was determined not lose the only child she had left.

The main reason for the "squiggles" is that Patsy used a Sharpie felt-tip pen on a cheaper type of paper, such as the kind found on a legal pad. It is more porous than stationary or even typing/computer paper. All handwriting analysts/document examiners know that the pen and paper used have an effect on handwriting. If Patsy had used a ball-point pen, there would not have been as much bleed-through at the beginning and ends of words, or as many "squiggles." The reason for this is that the ball-point "rolls," but a felt-tip does not. It tends to stop at the edge of a stroke, and if the writer is shaking and writing fast, this effect is accentuated. I've seen this many times with elderly writers who have a bit of palsy.

A person writing left-handed is going against the point of the felt-tip pen when writing instead of with the point, as a right-hander does. Said another way, a right-handed person drags the point across the page towards themselves, but a left-handed person has to push the felt-tip across the paper. This makes for more interruption in the flow of the letters and the felt-tip will stop more abruptly when getting caught against the friction of the paper. This causes "squiggles" where the pen pressure was stopped. This effect would be increased if the writer were using gloves because they would have less control over the handling of the pen. Not having good control of a felt-tip pen will cause the "squiggles" that you see. In addition, it is more difficult to make rounded parts of letters like the tops of lower-case 'f's and the loops of lower case 'y's with a felt-tip pen, going against the paper. It makes the writing appear more angular, straight-edged and squared off.

I do believe Patsy touched up some of the letters in order to make them more legible, and to help make them look different to her own handwriting. Patsy also marked out words, edited like the journalism major that she was, including using a caret to insert a word, and generally churned out the best ransom note she could muster on short notice.

Patsy was the wordsmith of the family, and she prided herself on that. She loved using exclamation marks and being dramatic. Unfortunately, for her, it gives us another another clue as to the authorship of the ransom note. Linguistic analysis is just as important as handwriting analysis when trying to determine the ransom note's author, and linguistic analysis says a well-educated, middle-aged woman (most likely a mother), who had journalim training and was raised somewhere along the Mason-Dixon line (or south of it), wrote the ransom note.

When the ransom note wording was first released to the public, I read it in disbelief as I realized who must have written it. For someone of my training, it was obvious that all of the linguistic traits pointed to the person I described above. I was floored. I'd heard the Ramsey weren't cooperating with the police, but I also knew that didn't make them guilty. I didn't WANT to believe they were guilty, so I gave them the benefit of the doubt, but after I read the ransom note, all doubt was gone. I KNEW from the words written, Patsy wrote that ransom note even before I ever saw any of her handwriting. Linguistically, she might as well have signed her name to it.

It was hard for me to believe a mother could be involved in the cover-up of the murder of her child, and that's what drew me to the case and finally, to the forums. I've always said through the years that I didn't know whether Patsy wrote the note for herself or for Burke. I now believe, because of what we've learned from Jim Kolar's book, that it was done to cover up for Burke, who caused the initial, and fatal, head wound to JonBenet. I don't know that he meant to kill her, but I think he struck out in a blind rage. I've always thought JonBenet's death was "accidental," not premeditated, even if Patsy were responsible, but John and Patsy coordinating a cover-up to protect Burke makes sense of the case.

I suspect John may have had some input into the beginning of the ransom note, and that's why it sounds more focused and direct, but I believe he left the writing of the note to Patsy, and then busied himself with other aspects of the cover-up. We know there was a practice note done on the legal pad, and I think Patsy may have copied the first part, along with the intentionally mis-spelled words. Then Patsy, shaken and shaking, did what Patsy does best - she talked and talked and talked some more. She rambled, and she got angry, and she changed from singular to plural to having church with "Victory!" at the end.

I can't imagine the whirl Patsy's mind must have been in with her JonBenet dead in the basement, and Burke on his bed upstairs, and Patsy in the kitchen, trying to write something that would buy them time and freedom. And it worked.

Patsy was the wordsmith of the family, and she prided herself on that. She loved using exclamation marks and being dramatic. Unfortunately, for her, it gives us another another clue as to the authorship of the ransom note. Linguistic analysis is just as important as handwriting analysis when trying to determine the ransom note's author, and linguistic analysis says a well-educated, middle-aged woman (most likely a mother), who had journalim training and was raised somewhere along the Mason-Dixon line (or south of it), wrote the ransom note.

When the ransom note wording was first released to the public, I read it in disbelief as I realized who must have written it. For someone of my training, it was obvious that all of the linguistic traits pointed to the person I described above. I was floored. I'd heard the Ramsey weren't cooperating with the police, but I also knew that didn't make them guilty. I didn't WANT to believe they were guilty, so I gave them the benefit of the doubt, but after I read the ransom note, all doubt was gone. I KNEW from the words written, Patsy wrote that ransom note even before I ever saw any of her handwriting. Linguistically, she might as well have signed her name to it.
Thank you, Cherokee.
I look at it similarly, when you ask yourself the question, who in that house was the most eminently qualified to write an impromptu work of fiction, the clear answer is Patsy.
Patsy graduated from the University of West Virginia with a magna *advertiser censored* laude degree in journalism and a minor in advertising.
She was a smart, artistic woman with a flair for drama and writing.
She wrote the note, and as you have said, the only thing missing from that note was her signature.

Here is a good article with a bit more background information on Patsy.

The Charleston Gazette, June 22, 1977

BEAUTIFUL CASE OF DETERMINATION

Meet Miss West Virginia, Survivor Of Pageant Fever

This year's Miss West Virginia has a chronic case of what she diagnoses as "Pageant Fever." The virus has been in her blood ever since her sophomore year in high school when she was named first runner-up in the Miss Teen-Age West Virginia contest.

Five years later, Patsy Paugh is as pageant-prone as ever. But she no longer is willing to settle for second best. Or third best. It is. this try-try-again determination that explains why Patsy will be represententing West Virginia in the Miss America Pageant at Atlantic City come September.

With an eye trained on the state title, Patsy entered her first preliminary contest in Morgantown where she recently completed her sophomore year at West Virginia University. She was named second runner-up to Miss Morgantown. Undaunted, she entered the Miss Wood County preliminary competition. This time she rose a notch to first runner-up. In a last-chance stab at qualifying for the state competition, Patsy entered the contestant-at-large contest, where she competed against five other entrants, all of whom had been runnersup in earlier contests, making the competition particulary keen. This time, however, Patsy shed her runner-up image and came out on top.

In retrospect Patsy comments, "If I had won the first time I tried, I probably wouldn't have been Miss West Virginia. I learned and improved each time I entered. Originally I had planned to delay a year, but Teresa Lucas, last year's Miss West Virginia, encouraged me to enter. When I didn't win, she advised me to keep trying.

"My talent is a dramatic interpretation that I wrote based on a portion of The Prime of Miss Jean Brodie. I play two characters — Miss Mackay, the stern head mistress, and Jean Brodie, the eccentric, vivacious school teacher. When I won second place in the National Forensic Tournament in Philadelphia the interpretation was 10 minutes long. For the talent competition it had to be cut to two minutes and 50 seconds. It's very difficult to establish character and build to a dramatic climax in less than three minutes."

Last fall Patsy attended the Miss America pageant where she closely observed the contestants and took meticulous notes. The day after she arrived back in Parkersburg, she called her speech coach, Linda McLean, and said, "Let's get to work."

What motivated Patsy to begin preparations at once was the consistently professional and polished caliber of the performances at the national pageant. She realized that being "good" was not "good enough" for an aspiring Miss America. The level of her presentation must be refined and redefined, revised and rehearsed until it was as nearly perfect as possible. After nearly a year of analyzing every inflection, expression and gesture of the characterizations, she continues to search for the smallest glint of an eye or toss of the head that might add dimension to her characterizations.

A certain amount of backstage nervousness is inevitable, says Patsy — even desirable, since it "gets the adrenalin going." But on stage, she says, "I feel very relaxed about my talent. When I say the first few lines and get everyone else in the palm of my hand, then I go into my own little world. It's as if I'm completely alone. I know how large Convention Hall is, how many people there are in the audience. Thinking about it could make you panic. And talent counts 50 per cent in the judging, you know."

For Patsy an exciting side benefits of winning the Miss West Virginia title was a recent three-day shopping spree in New York City during which visited designer showrooms and selected six evening gowns under the trained eye of Ralph Nelson, an executive of Belle's, the Huntington store that for several years has provided Miss West Virginia's formal wardrobe. Her coffee-gold, elaborately beaded competition gown is a $1400 original. "There will never be another one like it," says Patsy, "because we bought the sample. When I tried it on, it fit perfectly so they let us have it."

With the assistance of her business manager and official chaperone, Betty Smith, Patsy this week will select a complimentary $1000 casual wardrobe from J. C. Penney in Parkersburg.

Although Patsy was a resident of Parkersburg when she won the state title, by a corporate quirk Charleston is making up for last year's disappointment when the family of the title-holder, Teresa Lucas, moved from neighboring Fayette County to faraway Elkins. This year the situation is reversed. Two weeks ago the Donald Paughs moved into their new home on Smith Road, ending more than six months of commuting from Parkersburg following a transfer here by Union Carbide.

The eldest of three daughters, Patsy detects distinct symptoms of Pageant Fever in her 17-year-old sister, Pam, who last fall was selected Miss Wood County Fair, a title held two years ago by her elder sister. Pam also won the title of Miss Teen Bicentennial of America. When, owing to illness. Pam's mother had to cancel out as her chaperone at the national finals in Lansing. Mich., Patsy volunteered to take over, serving as hairdresser, wardrobe mistress, make-up consultant and false eyelash expert. In the process, says Patsy, she gained an appreciation of how difficult the job of a chaperone is. "It's not half as much fun as being a contestant," she remarks, "and it's lots harder work."

The youngest of the Paugh daughters, Paulette, is a dynamic 13-year-old who in her short time as a Charlestonian already has organized a Patsy Paugh Fan Club and revels in showing off to her peers the 1977 Cutlass Supreme provided for her big sister by Wharton Cadallic-Olds of Parkersburg. "Paulette isn't into pageants yet, but when the time comes she's going to be the tallest and prettiest of all," Patsy predicts.

Patsy and Betty Smith will leave for Atlantic City on Sept. 3 where they will be guests at the Shelburne Hotel. "We're going two days early," explains Betty, "because I like to get things in order ahead of time."

Last year Patsy was Teresa Lucas's most ardent booster in Atlantic City, and this year Teresa Lucas will be on hand to exchange roles with her Alpha Xi Delta sorority sister. Teresa was one of a half-dozen state contestants chosen following the pagaent for a USO tour of the Orient. The tour begins on July 15 and will conclude with a television appearance during the televised finals of the Pageant on Sept. 10.

Patsy is delighted that her parents, sisters and Teresa all will be there to share her moments in the spotlight.

"I'll be giving the grand performance of my life in Atlantic City," she explains. "This is my only chance, and I intend to do my very best. If that's not good enough, there will be no regrets. I'll know I did everything I could."

http://whynut.blogspot.com/2006/09/patsy-paugh.html

... snip ...

"I'll be giving the grand performance of my life in Atlantic City," she explains. "This is my only chance, and I intend to do my very best. If that's not good enough, there will be no regrets. I'll know I did everything I could."

http://whynut.blogspot.com/2006/09/patsy-paugh.html

That last statement is haunting. I remember seeing that year's contest on television. I am not a fan of dramatic interpretation but she was excellent. Think of Broadway excellence, not Hollywood Oscar.

I don't have the same theory as DocG.

(I don't have any theory).

I don't think only John wrote the note.

But ok.

Whaleshark,
IMO the Ransom Note was written in collaboration by John and Patsy. Thats why the $118,000 is in there. You reckon John would write that note and point to himself in such a ridiculous manner?

Whaleshark,
IMO the Ransom Note was written in collaboration by John and Patsy. Thats why the $118,000 is in there. You reckon John would write that note and point to himself in such a ridiculous manner?

Like I said before, yes, I do think it was written in collaboration....at least that's how i feel about it right now....

If you consider the possibility that PR acted alone, the ransom amount makes sense. I found out on these boards the other day, that PR claimed to not know about JR's bonus. Some people find that hard to believe, but I don't. PR helped build that company, and then for whatever reason, once her services were no longer needed, it seemed that she was pushed aside. It has been reported that JR was cold and cut throat, where business was concerned, and IMO, a man like that, would probably see a bonus as his money, and not tell his wife. Depending on surrounding circumstances, this could cause an explosive anger. The ransom note, IMO, does show an extreme, personal anger towards JR. Also, if PR wrote the note, she might have added the amount, to take JR's suspicion off of her, (since he hadn't told her), and on to a disgruntled employee etc. If JR did tell PR about the bonus, why would he go along with the lie? A lie like that, would be so easy to disprove... and PR knowing about the bonus, wouldn't make her the author, so why lie at all? The line in the note that reads, 'you stand a 99% chance of killing your daughter if you try to outsmart us', could be seen as PR blaming JR for JBR's death, for trying to outsmart her. Also, in the lines before that, the note stated, 'you can try to deceive us, but be warned, etc. 'Deceive', is a very odd choice of words here, and IMO, its use, could explain where a lot of the personal anger came from. Anyway, I can't go so far as to say that I think the bonus was the motive for murder, but I do think the $118,000, was weighing heavily on the author's mind and was a cause of extreme anger. And since I believe PR wrote the note, I think she was the angry one. on a side note...I don't have any idea of how PR would have found out about the bonus, but IMO, she probably had a few tricks up her sleeve that JR didn't know about. Also, for some reason that I can't quite put my finger on, while reading the note, I get the sense that PR knew about the bonus, and knew that JR knew she knew, but he couldn't prove it. It was like she wanted him to know that she had outsmarted him. All moo, based on PR claiming she didn't know about the bonus.

Well, for what it's worth, since one of the first things that came out of JR's mouth to Linda Arndt was "it's an inside job", I think it might have been about blaming housekeeper and/or disgruntled employee -- someone who would have seen/known about his bonus $$....not to make it look like the other parent did it... collaborated to make it look like 'an inside job' -- someone who worked for the Ramseys...

Well, for what it's worth, since one of the first things that came out of JR's mouth to Linda Arndt was "it's an inside job", I think it might have been about blaming housekeeper and/or disgruntled employee -- someone who would have seen/known about his bonus $$....not to make it look like the other parent did it... collaborated to make it look like 'an inside job' -- someone who worked for the Ramseys...

I think the Rs decided that night to try to pin it on their housekeeper. She was the perfect "patsy" (no pun intended). She was uneducated compared to the Rs, in a much lower socioeconomic level. They likely felt she didn't have the financial resources to fight, either. She had a key to the home, and she had recently asked Patsy for a loan because she was having financial problems. One problem? She didn't do it, and there was absolutely NO evidence, fiber or otherwise, left at the crime scene. She also was cleared after giving writing, DNA, hair and saliva samples.
But JR could barely wait till his daughter's body touched the floor upstairs to get that comment out to Det, Arndt. Just think what that moment would be like for an INNOCENT farther who finds his dead little girl in the basement, tape on her mouth, cord around her neck. THIS is what you come up with? No hysterical tears- just "this is an inside job"? It couldn't have seemed more scripted. It was like he rehearsed it in his mind.

I think the Rs decided that night to try to pin it on their housekeeper. She was the perfect "patsy" (no pun intended). She was uneducated compared to the Rs, in a much lower socioeconomic level. They likely felt she didn't have the financial resources to fight, either. She had a key to the home, and she had recently asked Patsy for a loan because she was having financial problems. One problem? She didn't do it, and there was absolutely NO evidence, fiber or otherwise, left at the crime scene. She also was cleared after giving writing, DNA, hair and saliva samples.
But JR could barely wait till his daughter's body touched the floor upstairs to get that comment out to Det, Arndt. Just think what that moment would be like for an INNOCENT farther who finds his dead little girl in the basement, tape on her mouth, cord around her neck. THIS is what you come up with? No hysterical tears- just "this is an inside job"? It couldn't have seemed more scripted. It was like he rehearsed it in his mind.

DeeDee249,
Yes, ITA, completely rehearsed and premeditated, just like the broken window with Fleet White, all intended to persuade others that what JR was ointing out was obvious signs of evidence.

IMO the rope in the bedroom is just another of the many false clues planted inside and outside the R home to confuse LE. It stands out as something that obviously should not be there, and it shouldn't be there. It is only there to make people believe something that is not true. A red herring.

IMO the rope in the bedroom is just another of the many false clues planted inside and outside the R home to confuse LE. It stands out as something that obviously should not be there, and it shouldn't be there. It is only there to make people believe something that is not true. A red herring.

The rope may be just a red herring. It may not have anything to do with the crime at all. The exact type of heavy hemp-style rope is seen in a modeling photo of JB, wearing "country" clothes and braided pigtails. The rope is by her legs.
Three years before JB's murder, Patsy opened her home for Boulder's Christmas House Tour. Patsy had decorated artificial trees in every bedroom, and the one in JAR's room (next to JB's) had a cowboy theme, according to Patsy, and the tree had miniature cowboy boots, etc as ornaments and rope like that was used for garland. There is also some confusion about the brown paper bag it was said to be in. I have read that it was police who put the rope in a paper bag for evidence. The same kind of paper bag that forensic investigators will put on the hands and feet of a victim's body to retain evidence.
But we don't know if that is the rope in the photo, or the same rope taken into evidence.
There is a lot of confusion as to whether those rope fibers were found on JB's sheets in her bed. But if the rope fibers are in the carpet, it is easy to see how they'd get in a bed- just by walking barefoot in the room.

I think Patsy wrote the ransom note. I think she felt that including the amount of John's bonus would make people think that someone who knew John very well and was associated with his business had kidnapped and killed JonBenet.

It really angers me that because the Ramseys were so wealthy, they were treated with kid gloves from the very beginning of this case.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Soccergirl500
Back