Known Timeline

Eric did not live in Fitzgerald

Sent from my SM-G935T using Tapatalk

I know it was 4 months ago but is the person with the screen shot still around? Posting on any other threads?

In regards to whether Eric was the student Melba apparently remembered Roberts being the last name which more than likely was Rhett Roberts.

But I'd still like to see this screen shot!

I have the screen shot from the poster but she does not reveal who she is and just goes by a letter

I'm a filmmaker from Atlanta, GA and I've decided to do a documentary on the Tara Grinstead case. Here's my current portfolio: www.paynelindsey.com

I've read countless articles on the case, and I've dove deep into the forums here on Web Sleuths.

1. Does anyone know if there is a public access to the case files on Tara? Evidence pictures, interviews with POI's, etc.
2. What does everybody think of the latex glove? Does it feel too convenient for anybody? What kind of person commits a murder with gloves on and leaves one of them in the front yard when they're done? This evidence seems planted to me, by the person who actually did it. Maybe someone with knowledge of the law and forensics did it, knowing that the glove wouldn't match and would throw detectives onto a wild goose chase looking for one. Thoughts?
3. What are your absolute best and current theories of what could have happened to Tara?

Payne Lindsey
paynelindsey@gmail.com

Great podcast! Highly recommend! Hopefully new info will be found to solve the case. Someone out there knows something!

In 11 years on this case I have heard all kinds of rumors and I have just read more.

Tara left the BBQ at 11:00 & MH left the bar at 11:00...coincidence? Probably not. And MH's time is not accounted for until he supposidly calls PD looking for friend late in the 12:00 hour. Why would he not just call his friend? Cops have cell phones too. (That seems strange that MH would call the PD to find his friend. I realize it was 2005 but I certainly had a cell phone in 2005.) I think Tara left the BBQ because MH let her know he wanted to speak to her about something or meet up. (of course this is all speculation because the cell phone records have not been made public.) Then MH goes to her house, takes her for "ride" and poof Tara is gone, never to be heard from again. I think Tara's knowledge of MH's relationship with the teen played a major part in his decision. MH is a Ranger, death is his business & he would have been well trained to kill her swiftly & quietly, with no blood or trace left. I think after he killed her, this is where the police buddies become involved to help dispose of her body. (hence the house burning down. I know her body was not there, but the dogs say it was there at some point.) And the "friends" help MH dispose of Tara in a way that would not be recovered.

But this case will not be solved due to police involvement. Sad, but I fear true.

No mh did not leave the white Horse saloon at 11

I'm new to following this case thanks to Payne's podcast. Based on the episodes so far & what I've read in researching, I really would love to see justice for Tara. Based on the timeline, history, & evidence I think there are about 3 or so solid "players" I consider more likely than others.
(I also follow the Maura Murray case if anyone else does)

Sent from my SM-N920P using Tapatalk

Thanks. I also worked the Murray case. The podcast about the Murray case is not as good as up and vanished

I'm new to following this case thanks to Payne's podcast. Based on the episodes so far & what I've read in researching, I really would love to see justice for Tara. Based on the timeline, history, & evidence I think there are about 3 or so solid "players" I consider more likely than others.
(I also follow the Maura Murray case if anyone else does)

I've been following both as well. Easy to get lost in both, huh? I agree with Sundrop about the podcasts. Up and Vanished is my favorite by far. Every Monday, I look for the newest episode. After a while, it's as though we actually know these young ladies, get emotionally invested. Welcome. [emoji846]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I've been following both as well. Easy to get lost in both, huh? I agree with Sundrop about the podcasts. Up and Vanished is my favorite by far. Every Monday, I look for the newest episode. After a while, it's as though we actually know these young ladies, get emotionally invested. Welcome. [emoji846]

YES!! I feel invested. Being in my early to mid 30s I feel like I identify with these women & often remind myself that it could have happened to me or someone I know. They deserve justice & the families deserve some sort of closure after over a decade each.
I've been in to true crime issues for as long as I can remember but I really hadn't explored podcasts. Missing Maura Murray was my 1st & led me to Up & Vanished by Payne. I think all the podcasters do a great job but I do like the regularity of Payne's. I feel that he's more quickly embraced the desire to solve the case rather than just strictly document. I think Tim & Lance (Missing Maura Murray) have come around to realizing they now have a role to play in the investigation that they didn't necessarily desire or wholly embrace in the beginning.

So who stands out to ya'll as the top "players" in Tara's case?

The Murray podcast are just the 2 guys sitting around talking about their theories, rarely do they have people involved in the case interviewed on the show. You don't have the production or quantity of Murray podcast like the up and vanished podcast.

That's dead on. I would add two observations. The first, the Murray podcast guys are very genuine. They may lack in "polish", but they are committed and they produce great work. As a listener, I wish they would spend less time on negative feedback. Screw your naysayers and stay the course. As a listener, I don't care who you block. Just do the job you set out to do. There will be lots of nay Sayers. Ignore them. It's about Maura.

Having worked the Murray case and specifically the Tara case for over 10 years, the Murray case doesn't have the information or the number of people involved. With the podcast on Tara's case what you're getting is a cliff notes version of the case information. Actually the learning curve is Tara's case is about 2 years

To all of the above, I agree. Tim and Lance discuss the case, theories, etc., but it's primarily things we already know just by reading the stories online, reading Renner's blog and book. It reminds me of a round table discussion.

With Payne and Dr. Godwin, I'm always learning something new. Dr. Godwin has a wealth of information we're not privy to, but I would love to dig through his notes and photos, pick his brain. Up and Vanished is akin to taking a journey with two men on a mission to find the missing pieces of this puzzle. How do people just disappear, vanish without a trace? It's crazy and unnerving. I'm the same age Tara would be, and I think about her and this case every day. I regularly check Dr. Godwin's blog to see what new document, photo, tip, etc., he's posted. Recent pictures on his blog gave me chills. Two pieces of ladies underwear, the same brand that Tara was known to wear, IIRC, randomly strewn in a field? Truth is stranger than fiction. I can't imagine coming across those items. Gives me chills to think about it.

Yes, it's consuming. I'm anxiously awaiting the new episode. I really enjoy listening to Dr. Godwin and Payne discuss Tara's disappearance - one of my favorite parts of the podcast. They're a great team. Makes me always hold out hope that Tara will come back someday, that someone didn't take her life. Wishful thinking? Absolutely. But after all this time, I feel like I know this beautiful young lady, teacher, daughter, friend. I know...that sounds crazy to me even as I write it.

Where are you, Tara?

Been listening to the podcast and was wondering more about the dig Payne was involved in under a house? Did anything turn up with the bags of dirt collected? Was that house also on Snapdragon?

No that house was not on snapdragon, we still have the soil

Sundrop can you verify if the house the soil was obtained belongs or used to belong to TD?

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Soccergirl500
Back