GUILTY KS - Alicia DeBolt, 14, Great Bend, 21 August 2010 - #1

Status
Not open for further replies.
My daughter will be 14...she's in bed by 11 on the weekends and summer and 930 in the school year.

Our town curfew for minors is 10 PM. If my boys were ever out past that time, they had to make sure they were driving or being driven. The curfew has been discussed at city council, but everyone likes it the way it is. I'm glad!

I had a notification on facebook that they had found a burned body and it was from Nancy grace//
I was born in Great Bend and still have lots of relatives in the area..
When I went back to face book a few minutes later all the posts from Nancy Grace were gone from my fb/
Anyone else have this happen?
Why would any parents let a 14 yr old out at 11 with a 19 yr old.........

They must be identifying by dental records if they hope to have a positive ID by tomorrow.

Waiting to hear on the 19 yr old, which is very probable, but this could be a gang/group beating, etc. too. Especially if the 19 yr old had an older jealous GF. Just sayin'. Some kids today can be monsters as we've seen here on WS. JMO

the only time my two daughters were out after midnight at age 14 was when our varsity swimmers swam at a huge invitational swim meet. They got home at 1 AM...I was a parent chaperone. All the parents raised hell about being late on a school night. My only innocent thought is that perhaps the 19 year old was a close "family friend". Someone that the parents thought was a pseudo older brother. Someone who would watch out for her. Something obviously went terribly wrong. I know this family is beyond going nuts by now so I'm going to chill out. My prayers are with this child's family and friends. On a sleuthing note, we all know this 19 yr old is POI #1
Dr Dona

More pics. 2nd is with her friends. From mom's MS. If you click on her photo, there are more of her.

http://www.myspace.com/tammydeb/photos

m_14cd9d61fe8948bc9fa32e005a005bda.jpg

m_ead6a83cac1c4ef594ef8eaaa0e23d1e.jpg

I heard on NG from some former detective that claims the 19 year old is in custody however when NG asked him how does he know this, the detective who is from another state indicated he really didn't know if the 19 year old was in custody.

Well I don't think the issue here is allowing her out for an extra hour at midnight nor that another child is in bed at an extremely early time for her age. We shouldnt pass judgement either way. The question clearly is why was she off to a party with a 19 year old? Too much trust out there.

the only time my two daughters were out after midnight at age 14 was when our varsity swimmers swam at a huge invitational swim meet. They got home at 1 AM...I was a parent chaperone. All the parents raised hell about being late on a school night. My only innocent thought is that perhaps the 19 year old was a close "family friend". Someone that the parents thought was a pseudo older brother. Someone who would watch out for her. Something obviously went terribly wrong. I know this family is beyond going nuts by now so I'm going to chill out. My prayers are with this child's family and friends. On a sleuthing note, we all know this 19 yr old is POI #1
Dr Dona

Your right:
http://mobile.ksn.com/news/local/story/KBI-Body-found-in-investigation-of-missing-teen/iCA9J5y8XkeIUhbyDYq3zA.cspx

I am so heartsick over this. Having a daughter who also just began highschool this week, I am so sad for her family. Her mother probably was having the same flip/flop emotions I as the start of school got closer...excitement, pride, nerves, fear. For the last 2 days my daughter has come home sharing her excitement, stories about her classes, teachers and classmates. This poor girl and her mother didn't get these as school began with her not there. INstead of spending them wondering how her childs day went, this mom spent them wondering where her child is and if she will ever see her again, probably having nightmares about what may have happened and how other choices made may have changed it all. I pray for her, her family.

The Kansas Bureau of Investigation said the body discovered Tuesday was sent to Wichita for an autopsy and positive identification.

Great Bend Police Chief Dean Akings told KWCH-TV he couldn't disclose much information yet. However, the chief said law enforcement officers who had been searching for Alicia were "focusing in a different direction" late Tuesday.

http://www2.ljworld.com/news/2010/aug/24/kbi-investigating-disappearance-great-bend-teen/

Great Bend Police Chief Dean Akings tells Eyewitness News there's limited information he can put out this early in the investigation, but he says law enforcement is now "focusing in a different direction than searching for (DeBolt)."

http://www.kwch.com/news/crimewatch/kwch-news-rmj-missing-teen-great-bend,0,4570755.story

That sounds to me like they do believe it is her. I would imagine there was something identifying at the scene that would lead them to believe it is her...I would not think it was just the location.

Ah so sad. Shes so pretty. My heart is breaking for her family and her friends.

Body found outside Great Bend
http://www.kwch.com/news/crimewatch/kwch-news-rmj-missing-teen-great-bend,0,4570755.story

A different article, nothing new.

:beats:My thoughts and prayers are with Alicia's and her family.:beats:

I just started watching Nancy tonight and I've got tears going down my face...

I made a map....general idea only, since we don't have definitve info, but I did it from the map on NG's program and her interviews. Area is south of house where body was found.

http://maps.google.com/maps/ms?ie=U....357845,-98.765459&spn=0.020763,0.038409&z=15

I just wanted to say thank you to everyone that posted on this thread.

I didn't know about Alicia until I saw NG last night. (I've been spending a lot of time in the cold case missing persons sub-forums).

It made us both so sad. We have a 8th grader and a 10th grader both females. Prayers for Alicia's Mother.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SashaBN1