GUILTY KS - Alicia DeBolt, 14, Great Bend, 21 August 2010 - #4

The family of a murdered 14-year-old Kansas girl says her killer is a coward for refusing to face them at his sentencing.
Thirty-eight-year-old Adam Longoria did not attend the hearing Tuesday where he was formally sentenced to life imprisonment without parole for the August 2010 death of Alicia DeBolt. The girl's burned body was found at an asphalt plant.

Longoria also got consecutive sentences of 17 months for vehicular theft and seven months for theft.
http://www.kwch.com/news/kwch-jab-adam-longoria-to-be-sentenced-today-20120626,0,6336375.story

He'll never hurt another child, but the pain he caused so many..:sigh: Prayers for the family and their healing.

Thank God. I have been slack on checking up on the court cases I've been interested in, but glad to see justice.

He'll never hurt another child, but the pain he caused so many..:sigh: Prayers for the family and their healing.

Wish I could believe this, but as long as he breathes and as long as there are fires, earthquakes, floods, hurricanes, tornados, and as long as there is human pathology and human error, there IS a possibility he could still roam the earth a free man. I've lived long enough to see MANY prison escapees, including the administrative release of prisoners during Katrina. As long as he draws breath, the people of the earth are endangered.

http://salinapost.com/2014/09/11/longoria-appeals-life-sentence-before-supreme-court/

The Kansas Supreme Court heard arguments Wednesday appealing a murder conviction in a Great Bend teenager’s death...

Longoria appealed numerous issues from the trial. One argument stated that jurors were not given the option of a lesser murder charge, reckless second-degree murder. Another part of the appeal included a challenge to the sexual assault conviction. Nelson told the Justices there was insufficient evidence of criminal sodomy or attempted rape.

I remember Alicia’s case so vividly. It’s one of those cases that just stays with you. Her case was featured on ID’s show “Web of Lies” this week. Her poor mom is still suffering from losing Alicia. I hope the show helps save the next girl from a similar fate.

:rose:

Reactions: d4j
The brutal murder of a 14-year-old cheerleader whose body was burned so badly she had to be identified by dental records is the focus of a new episode of the true crime series Murder Under the Friday Night Lights.

Alicia DeBolt went missing on August 21, 2010, to the shock of her small town in Kansas. She was last seen alive when she left her home in Great Bend for a party just before midnight that evening.

A few days later, her charred body was found at the Venture Corp. asphalt plant just south of town, with traces of duct tape on her ankles and face.

Airing on February 14, the upcoming episode of the Investigation Discovery series will explore DeBolt's murder and the conviction of factory worker Adam Longoria.

Alicia DeBolt, a 14-year-old cheerleader from Great Bend, Kansas, was murdered by Adam Longoria in August 2010

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
EnvyofAngels
Back