Deceased/Not Found KS - Franklin Harrod, 24, Butler County, 28 July 1997 *Trussell & Harrod guilty*

Can anyone tell me, anyone that knows that wont have to spend time looking for it.
Was the grave dug before the murder or after?

I've had trouble tracking down any media reports from the time of Franklin's disappearance, so I can't find any precise location of where the tarp was found.

After some confusion with google maps, which kept taking me to SoCal and Bob's home ground strangely enough, I found the Walnut River which is a tributary of the Arkansas River. From this, it seems the tarp was found about an hour and a half from Franklin's home.

Call me cynical if you like, but I'm not totally convinced the perps were truthful about where his remains were buried, and I can't work out why the tarp would have been laying on the ground but none of his remains visible at all. Why would the perps have removed his body from the tarp and left it lying there? Would wildlife really have been able to remove every bit of Franklin's body?

I did manage to find a previous murder victim discarded at the Walnut River. From 1893. However, it is useful in that it mentions the remains being found entangled in the roots of a huge tree on the riverbank. Depending on where he may have been buried, I'm thinking floods may have disinterred Franklin's remains and washed them downriver, and that possibly there is a coroner's office with just an unidentified bone or two somewhere?

I'm not ruling out the perps discarded the tarp and Franklin in different locations however, and lied about where he is. Especially if his remains would have revealed a different tale from the one defence presented, about his death.

Wildlife can and do scatter remains far and wide.

Mother nature too, floods and winds can take human bones for miles even out to sea.

A body left in the wild is often never found - a shin bone here, a jaw there if you're very lucky. The smaller bones are totally consumed.

The skull survives the best and longest.

I think the flood thing is a viable idea. To me, it does make the most sense that they did indeed bury the body there, maybe don't remember precise spot. The only other explanation that jumps to mind is:

Body is actually buried elsewhere, but they couldn't remember exactly where, or maybe body was disposed of in some other way. Plea bargain includes identifying where body is buried, so they pick a place and say that's where it was?

Though I think wildlife, water, etc. is more likely.

We have bobcats, foxes, and many smaller animals here in KS. I have no doubt that if there was a body there, they got to it. I would also be interested in knowing if the tarp was analyzed for remains.

From what I've read of this case, my guess is that Punkie is in the area where the perpetrators said he was buried as they recovered the blue tarp, and I don't believe that was a coincidence.

Unfortunately, as many of you have discussed, I think wildlife has scattered the remains and that's why they weren't found when they went looking.

But I have very little reason to believe he isn't in that general area, especially with the blue tarp being being uncovered.

Sadly, there are no dentals, fingerprints or DNA listed for that UID, so it would be hard to match him to anyone at the moment. Odd too, that his death is listed from 1991-99, but estimated post mortem interval is 1 year? That doesn't quite add up, does it?

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
BlackBalled
Back