Found Deceased KS - Joan 'Joanie' Rebar, 70, Meriden, 25 Sept 2015

http://www.hiawathaworldonline.com/...cle_878a2f00-9b7e-546c-955f-09d77629bc55.html
BBM
MSC News reports that Jefferson County Sheriff Jeff Herrig said a vehicle belonging to Joan Rebar was discovered in a farm pond south of Meriden Tuesday afternoon. He said the owner of the property was mowing and spotted the top of the car. Crews are working to drain the pond and the car is sitting in the middle. Sheriff Herrig said he didn't know whether Rebar's remains were in the vehicle yet or not.

Body found inside Joan Rebar’s vehicle; Jackson County woman has been missing for 2.5 years

The vehicle of Jackson County woman Joan Rebar, who disappeared in September 2015, was discovered in a pond on Wednesday, and a body was found inside the vehicle.

Sheriff Jeff Herrig said authorities can’t immediately confirm the identification of the body.

[...]

Her vehicle was located in the 7100 block of K4 Highway, south of Meriden, Jefferson County Sheriff Jeff Herrig said.

A landowner noticed the corner of a vehicle in a pond while he was mowing. Herrig said area pond and lake levels have been low. A dive team was called and they were able to match the license tag number.

Shortly after 5 p.m. Wednesday, Herrig said they were still working on getting the vehicle out of the pond.

At the time of Rebar’s disappearance, authorities and volunteer search teams scoured hundreds of miles of roads, woods, ditches and ravines. Law enforcement used aircraft, ground penetrating radar, boats and sonar to look for signs of Rebar or her vehicle, a silver 2005 Chrysler Pacifica, with a Kansas disabled tag 71664.

The Jackson County Sherifff’s Office is investigating the case as a homicide until proven otherwise, Jackson County Sheriff Tim Morse said in September 2017, two years after Rebar went missing.

“I have worked in public safety most of my adult life and have never seen a case like this,” Morse said at the time. “I have never had a case where the missing person couldn’t be found. I have never seen a case where there simply were no clues as to what happened.”

http://www.cjonline.com/news/201805...on-county-woman-has-been-missing-for-25-years

Oh wow

Body found inside Joan Rebar’s vehicle; Jackson County woman has been missing for 2.5 years

The vehicle of Jackson County woman Joan Rebar, who disappeared in September 2015, was discovered in a pond on Wednesday, and a body was found inside the vehicle.

Sheriff Jeff Herrig said authorities can’t immediately confirm the identification of the body.

[...]

Her vehicle was located in the 7100 block of K4 Highway, south of Meriden, Jefferson County Sheriff Jeff Herrig said.

A landowner noticed the corner of a vehicle in a pond while he was mowing. Herrig said area pond and lake levels have been low. A dive team was called and they were able to match the license tag number.

Shortly after 5 p.m. Wednesday, Herrig said they were still working on getting the vehicle out of the pond.

At the time of Rebar’s disappearance, authorities and volunteer search teams scoured hundreds of miles of roads, woods, ditches and ravines. Law enforcement used aircraft, ground penetrating radar, boats and sonar to look for signs of Rebar or her vehicle, a silver 2005 Chrysler Pacifica, with a Kansas disabled tag 71664.

The Jackson County Sherifff’s Office is investigating the case as a homicide until proven otherwise, Jackson County Sheriff Tim Morse said in September 2017, two years after Rebar went missing.

“I have worked in public safety most of my adult life and have never seen a case like this,” Morse said at the time. “I have never had a case where the missing person couldn’t be found. I have never seen a case where there simply were no clues as to what happened.”

http://www.cjonline.com/news/201805...on-county-woman-has-been-missing-for-25-years

Rest easy, Joanie.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-J320A using Tapatalk

I've posted this story many other places but will repeat here:

My cousin Lenny would likely be a missing person today as he inadvertently drove into a reservoir after getting lost and mistaking an unlit boat ramp for a two-lane country road. Only because a homeowner was letting her dogs out and heard the car hit the water was he found. His car went a hundred yards or so into very deep water. This was before cell phones- and so his family had no idea where he was either- as he was driving home from a distant city and there were a couple of ways to get home from there.

I wish the nation's fishermen would use their sonar in all of these little lakes, ponds, reservoirs- I bet we would find a great many MPs who disappeared with their vehicles!

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SoCal Greg
Back