GUILTY KS - Jodi Sanderholm, 19, Arkansas City, 5 Jan 2007

Such a sad case this is. Anytime a child goes missing it is sad, but what is scary here is someone maybe picked a gal right off the profile page these sickos find desirable and want to use and abuse. Their dream type for their taking of pleasure. I do hope Jodi is safe somewhere. She seems like a lovely girl all the way around.

I wanted to tell you Katk how great it is to have you as a member of our forum. We all appereciate your thoughts on the case and seethat as a local you have insight to make the case come alive for everyone who posts here.

And to Steve, it's always a pleasure. Thanks Steve for taking the time to join us and again for the wonderful work you do. We wub you! :blowkiss:

Prayers for Jodi and her friends and family. She needs all of our positive thoughts if she is still with us.

PS: I think they need to redesign cellies with a power chip instead of a battery. Or else formulate a waterproof battery. I think every teen age girl should have a cellie. A small cost when you weigh everything. We have waterproof watches that use batteries. Why not waterproof cellies?

Scandi

KatK said:
That is ominous. I do believe that as part of going to the candy factory in Dexter Kansas I will see if we can go down a less traveled road in the Ark City area. (Since we won't be too far from there, and I just have a feeling.) There are backroads, with overgrown ditches in these parts...

It can't hurt to look.

scandi said:
We have waterproof watches that use batteries. Why not waterproof cellies?
FWIW, my husband is a fisherman and he's dropped (more than) his share of cell phones in the lake. The first few times that happened, our daughter always had a lot of fun 'calling the fishies'. One time I am certain of (and maybe more times), it rang a couple of times before going to voicemail - to me indicating that the battery didn't die right away. It would have gone straight to voicemail if it had been.

Interim Police Chief Sean Wallace said the Texas company Equisearch is providing air support, horses and other sophisticated search equipment in the hunt for Sanderholm and her car. Both remain missing.

"Any information to the contrary is rumor and conjecture," Wallace said in a statement issued Tuesday morning.

Additional law enforcement agencies in the area are being asked to assist. Authorities located "significant evidence" in southeast Cowley County and northern Kay County in Oklahoma.
Search for missing Arkansas City woman intensifies

Divers explore lake in search for missing Kansas woman

ARKANSAS CITY, Kan. Police searching for a missing 19-year-old Kansas woman are saying little about evidence found at Cowley State Fishing Lake near the Oklahoma state line.

Divers have searched the 84-acre lake for signs of Jodi Sanderholm of Arkansas City who hasn't been seen since last Friday.

The search has extended into Kay County, Oklahoma, and police now say they're focused on the lake and areas near the Oklahoma line in trying to find Sanderholm and her car.

Sheriff Bob Odell says authorities were tipped that a letter with Jodi's name on it was found in the bathroom at the lake.

Story: http://www.newschannel10.com/global/story.asp?s=5913862

Police Find Evidence in Missing Case
1/08/06 - Arkansas City Police say they've recovered evidence in the search for Jodi Sanderholm. The 19-year-old hasn't been seen since Friday.

In a written statement, Ark City Interim Police Chief Sean Wallace said investigators have developed some leads, and some evidence has been recovered.

More: http://www.kake.com/news/headlines/5117861.html

I just noticed that the texas based group Equusearch is providing air support, horses and other sophisticated search equipment in the hunt for Sanderholm and her car... I had not noticed previously that Equisearch was involved. But based on the recent evidence being discovered and the rumors floating around .. its making me feel less optimistic that she will be found alive. I so hope that is not the case this time.

So the letter they found must be the substantial evidence, right? Maybe left by her there on purpose? Wonder what draws thewm into Kay County, unless the lake is in both counties.

Wonder if everyone has checked their outbuildings. Guess I'm gong to have to pull up a map to see where this area is. Kansas. Whenever I think of Kansas 2 things pop into my head. Dorothy and the Clutter family.

Breaking News - Ambulance Called to Search Area

http://www.kake.com/breakingnews/5117861.html

1-9-06 - An ambulance and tow trucks have been called to the Cowley County State Park in the search to find a missing teenager. 19-year-old Jodi Sanderholm hasn't been seen since Friday. KAKE News has learned that authorities are no longer conducting an active search at the lake and several officers have been called back to Arkansas City, for reasons unknown.

Investigators aren't commenting on what they have found, or if the teenager has been located.

On Monday, in a written statement, Ark City Interim Police Chief Sean Wallace said investigators have developed some leads, and some evidence has been recovered.

The statement also asks rural Cowley County residents to check their garages, outbuildings, barns and abandoned structures for Sanderholm's black 2003 Dodge Stratus. The car has a license plate WOT 921, a sun roof and personalized tag "JODI" on the front.

Investigators focused part of their search at the Cowley County State Park. Helicopters hovered above the lake on Monday, looking for any sign of the teen. The lake entrance was blocked off near Highway 166. Officials from several different law enforcement agencies are on the scene. Dogs and a team of trackers are also being used on the Oklahoma state line to find any evidence of Jodi or her car.

All day, Jodi's friends and even strangers walked through Arkansas City putting up pink ribbons in her honor. They say the ribbons are a sign of holding out hope Jodi will be found safe.

Cowley County Crimestoppers has named the Sanderholm case the crime of the month.

The group said an award will be paid for information that helps find Jodi. The award amount has not been determined.

Breaking News - Ambulance Called to Search Area
1-9-06 - An ambulance and tow trucks have been called to the Cowley County State Park in the search to find a missing teenager. 19-year-old Jodi Sanderholm hasn't been seen since Friday. KAKE News has learned that authorities are no longer conducting an active search at the lake and several officers have been called back to Arkansas City, for reasons unknown.
Investigators aren't commenting on what they have found, or if the teenager has been located.
http://www.kake.com/breakingnews/5117861.html

gliving said:
We must have been posting at the sametime... I just wonder what this means..? Would they call an abulance to transport only a living individual or do they also use ambulances to transport to the ME's office? I for one am praying that it means the former and not the latter but considering that they have mentioned the return of officers to the office from the field.. that worries me.

Also from Steve Huff's Blog... not a good sign I fear especially when combined with the ambulance presence at the lake..

“I am a good friend of Jodi’s. I grew up with her and have been close to her family for years. Yesterday I spend most of the day at her home with her family and other friends. The police chief has confirmed to Cindy that her clothes had been found in a dumpster at the state lake. I am at work now but just got off of the phone with someone who is there now. They do have more leads but everyone is very tight lipped. Despite the ambulence and tow trucks, they have NOT found Jodi or her car and there will be a press release with all of the new information sometime today…” ~ “cass,” comment left today, at 3:46 p.m…"

I don't know Opme. If they found a crime scene, I would think they would call in a mobile crime investigation unit. Let's hope it's a good outcome.

opme said:
We must have been posting at the sametime... I just wonder what this means..? Would they call an abulance to transport only a living individual or do they also use ambulances to transport to the ME's office? I for one am praying that it means the former and not the latter but considering that they have mentioned the return of officers to the office from the field.. that worries me.
less-populated areas, the ambulance will often double as a hearse to transport remains to the coroner's.

A poster at my weblog left a comment indicating Jodi has been found, not alive, but I just can't confirm that now, and hope for her and her familys' sake that it isn't true.

Steve

This news is only 15 min old, so it really is breaking news.

I would say if they called a tow truck to the lake it might mean they have located the car in the lake and need the tow truck to pull it out. An ambulance would be the means to transport any body I would think, living or dead. But if they found her body, I do not think they would move it until the coroner had seen her and the basic work up of the crime scene had been done.

I think they have found something and want to be prepared. If she has died, I do hope she was not abducted or hijacked in her car by anyone, but simply drove into the lake by accident. I've looked for photos of where they are searching but can't find any. If the lake has crappie and catfish I don't think it is a really deep lake.

Undoubtedly we will learn more during the afternoon hours.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
fesmike
Back