GUILTY KS - Kristin Tyler, 27, Salina, 25 April 2013

From a glance at the map it doesn't appear to be. But I'm not that familiar with Salina.

i wonder if she was moved. the mom got the phone call on monday, and the place they indicated the body could be found wasnt searched until wednesday. thats plenty of time for someone to move her if they thought they were about to be caught!

Posting from work so this will be short. I am hearing she was found at "the old lake", idk where that is though. Also that the suspect arrested was her ex, not sure if this is true though. So sad for Kristins kids:(

Police arrest 'person of interest' in disappearance of woman (salina.com)
A Salina man being sought as a "person of interest" in connection with the disappearance of Kristin Tyler was arrested without incident Wednesday evening in an Abilene motel, a police department spokesman said Thursday.

Joel M. Heil, 24, an acquaintance of Tyler’s, was arrested on warrants for failure to appear in Saline County District Court and a probation violation. Heil failed to appear with his attorney in court Monday on charges of possession of methamphetamine and drug paraphernalia for incidents authorities allege occurred on April 7.
---
A search of a salvage yard west of Salina Wednesday evening didn’t turn up any evidence, Sgt. Brian Shea said. He said two trained dogs and four handlers searched the salvage yard for about four hours.

more at the link

good grief! that makes 3, possibly 4, cases i'm following in which bodies have been found today!

RIP Kristin. gone way too soon!

:rose:

I know! So many developements in many cases since I last logged in.

RIP Kristin. Such a tragedy, her poor family :(

I am from the area, work in Salina, and actually went to school with Kristin in Abilene, and I have seen NOTHING on this case since an arrest was made… I find this odd.

This seems to be the latest on the case, it's from May 16:

A preliminary hearing to determine if there’s enough evidence to try a man in the death of a Salina woman is set for Aug. 1.

KSAL-AM reports that 24-year-old Joel Heil appeared via closed-circuit video Thursday morning in Saline County District Court. He’s charged with first-degree murder in the death of 27-year-old Kristin Tyler.

The mother of four was missing two weeks before her body was found May 9 in a ravine off Interstate 135 in rural Saline County.

The preliminary hearing was scheduled for August to give Heil’s attorney, Julie Effenbeck, time to gather information about the case, including obtaining autopsy results.

Heil also faces felony drug and battery charges in an unrelated case. He's jailed on a $1 million bond.

http://www.ksn.com/2013/05/16/preliminary-hearing-set-for-salina-murder-suspect/

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Pechi_eupa
Back