GUILTY KS - LaShanda Calloway, 27, stabbed to death, Wichita, 23 June 2007

And most of the time when people help out, it is not reported at all - because it is the norm. There's no reason to report all those millions or billions of cases.
heehee thanks for writing this Details...I originally wrote something similar thinking that by virtue of the fact that this is newsworthy tells us it is atypical behavior. but then, I thought about all the good samaritan stories on the news and I didn't want to leave myself open for that counter :innocent:

Great point. I helped a blind man to the bus stop today. It didn't make the news.

But if I had pushed him in front of the bus, it would have.
I think I will start a thread.

SOUTHCITYMOM PUSHES BLIND MAN IN FRONT OF BUS
Just for reaction.:p

I think I will start a thread.

SOUTHCITYMOM PUSHES BLIND MAN IN FRONT OF BUS
Just for reaction.:p

Oh God - I just laughed so hard thinking about seeing that as a thread topic!

There are some people I have fantasized about pushing in front of a bus, but luckily I've been able to restrain myself thus far (and none of them are blind!) :D

Oh God - I just laughed so hard thinking about seeing that as a thread topic!

There are some people I have fantasized about pushing in front of a bus, but luckily I've been able to restrain myself thus far (and none of them are blind!) :D
You and me both sister.

Allright, allright everyone! I retract my former post! I agree, it was merely an aberration! I'll blame it on the fact I was just so appalled upon reading the story, that I momentarily lost my common sense & reasoning! :D

Believe me, it was only momentary. Because as soon as I posted it, I realized I should go back and edit it and add that I didn't think this was truly indicative of the entire human race. That there are still a plenty of caring people everywhere.

I immediately went and told my hubby about this horrific story and how it made me feel upon reading it. He was quick to tell me that when he was in town yesterday filling up a couple of gas cans, that a person at the pumps saw him there (with his cane, or maybe it was his disabled vet tag), and approached him and said to just leave the cans there and he would take care of them for my hubby.
(Of course, first thing that came to my mind with all the stuff over in the UK presently, was that the guy was going to ask him if he was a terrorist or something! :doh: ) Hubby thanked him and told him he was able to take care of it himself.

And no, that didn't make the news either. ;)

So I concede, there are definitely kind and caring people in the world that will go out of their way to help out someone less fortunate, or in obvious need.

Hi Shazza I found this article at news.esearchnet.com. The article was just appalling. It happend in Wichita Kansas and shows a map of the area. There was no mention of a high crime rate but with that kind of behaviour there must be. I am just shocked by this. I can't imagine seeing a poor girl dying and being more concerned about taking her picture and getting junk food than helping her. I mean were these people raised by wolves? My first reaction would be to help that poor girl!

Yes, there is a high crime rate in Wichita, it's a "rough town". There are gangs there, lots of robberies too. The BTK case was in the Wichita area, and a more recent crime of hate crime proportions happened there in which some black men tortured, raped, and murdered five (I think it was five?) people.

I mean if people would just act right, we wouldn't have these deadly fantasies...LOL!

Exactly southcitymom! Some people are alive only because it's illegal to kill them! :eek:

Well, if there isn't a law they can charge these people with, maybe they can just release the footage and let these animals deal with the fallout.

Edit: Why is this news reported on an Australian website and not on CNN or something?

Well, if there isn't a law they can charge these people with, maybe they can just release the footage and let these animals deal with the fallout.
I think we should sick SouthCityMom on them. She'll push them all right in front of an oncoming bus.

Edit: Why is this news reported on an Australian website and not on CNN or something?

That's a swell idea, Paladin!

That made me wonder too, about it being reported on an Aussie news site, instead of an American one!

Allright, allright everyone! I retract my former post! I agree, it was merely an aberration! I'll blame it on the fact I was just so appalled upon reading the story, that I momentarily lost my common sense & reasoning! :D

Believe me, it was only momentary. Because as soon as I posted it, I realized I should go back and edit it and add that I didn't think this was truly indicative of the entire human race. That there are still a plenty of caring people everywhere.

I immediately went and told my hubby about this horrific story and how it made me feel upon reading it. He was quick to tell me that when he was in town yesterday filling up a couple of gas cans, that a person at the pumps saw him there (with his cane, or maybe it was his disabled vet tag), and approached him and said to just leave the cans there and he would take care of them for my hubby.
(Of course, first thing that came to my mind with all the stuff over in the UK presently, was that the guy was going to ask him if he was a terrorist or something! :doh: ) Hubby thanked him and told him he was able to take care of it himself.

And no, that didn't make the news either. ;)

So I concede, there are definitely kind and caring people in the world that will go out of their way to help out someone less fortunate, or in obvious need.

Glad to see you've shaken off the shadow and rejoined us on the light side...where we just fantasize about doing terrible things to people who desparately deserve it!;)

You know, Paladin, if IIRC, some states do have statutes on the book that would cover a "willful indifference" of this sort, but I'm uncertain of the details of what has to be present to charge someone like this.

We have a problem here folks. We have someone dying, bleeding on the floor and NO ONE has the compassion to call 911. Im sickened.

The article said someone called 911 about 2 minutes later. I, too, am sickened by the lack of compassion for a fellow human being.

Glad to see you've shaken off the shadow and rejoined us on the light side...where we just fantasize about doing terrible things to people who desparately deserve it!;)

Yes indeed! At least up until my next post, as you saw! lol!! :D

This is another reason why I will never go into convenience stores unless traveling and necessary. There always seems to be such trashy people shopping in those places.

It's a sad sad world when we'd rather take a photo of a dying person than help them out. But it's like someone else said, (SCM...????) you'd probably be sued if you had no medical training.
I wonder...PLEASE DON'T FLAME ME HERE...if people are so afraid these days of AIDS and stuff that they don't wanna help out...I know I am, if someone is bleeding, I'm not touching them. But would I be so callous as to stand there taking pics? Hell no.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Shimona
Back