KS - Patricia Kimmi, 58, Horton, 6 Nov 2009 - #3

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hang on a sec....

That marlboro man/reba/livestock selling post...

Did most of you take it to mean it was derogatory towards Pat?
I didn't.

I didn't take it as derogatory towards Pat. I took it as saying a relationship should be looked into between Pat and Mrs Hollister though and I don't really think there is one......other than possibly having a love for horses in common. Unless Pat bought Home Interior stuff from her for her new house. I didn't take anything derogatory about it though.

Apparently it was close to a rumor that must be going around about Pat and it struck too close to a nerve. Understandable with the tension everyone is under.

Welcome to WS, neksmom, and thanks for posting!

Oh yeah I remember that post. For some reason I was thinking the reference was for a more recent move. Now I'm really curious about what connection that would have to this case. Or is it merely to point out that the Hollisters are dishonest people capable of commiting serious crimes?

Also, is the description of Marlboro Man and Reba accurate? I kinda find that humorous myself.

i cant even begin to recall what he looked like, but like i said in an earlier post, she had "crazy eyes"....if i had to compare her to a celeb, i would say a "characture" (or how ever you spell it) of bette midler......thats just in my memory tho, idk

I took offense partly because of the tone which to me was something like "I have juicy gossip about a woman who's been abducted and probably murdered". None of us would take any offense to questions asked if they are asked tactfully or have any basis, but I realize the poster probably didn't realize our family was even to here to ask. EVERYTHING about the case is upsetting to us, but we still want to know the truth, no matter what it is.

I think your heartfelt posts have played a huge part in keeping us focused on your mother's case here. We all feel a connection to your family and pray for peace and answers for you. And I can understand how a post that may be somewhat more irreverent than ones you're used to might be painful -- especially considering what you thought it said.

But this thread is for ALL ws members, and we each have different things to add and different voices and tones and kinds of information. We are not allowed to attack other posters or speculate as to who they might be in real life.

If a post violates TOS, or you think it might, report it by clicking the little triangle. (And, by the way, an unverified rumor might count as a violation, I think.) You can also put individual posters on "ignore" by going to your user CP; then you won't even have to see their posts.

bbm and welcome to websleuths. what I bolded I actually had thought of and posted early on in the case but not specifically this woman... just wondering if Pat could have been helping someone thru a rough patch and the husband, etc could have found out and been enraged over it... it was just a working theory though when I posted it at the time.

I agree with your take on the salvage yard. I also think that since the truck has been with the case from the start that LE was looking for it to include looking for people to be disguising and/or hiding it. I find it absolutely amazing that LE was able to find it in that corn field. Again, the amount of evidence they must have had to execute that search warrant at the Hollister's has to be pretty mountainous imhoo.

Hi and welcome! Bolded by me above - we actually did discuss this theory at one time - though not specifically about Rebecca Hollister or anyone else. I thought it was plausible, but IIRC, there was no indication of something like that going on. Still, could be.

So funny NBM!!! We posted practically the same thought and I remembered right after I hit "submit" that it was you who came up with that theory!

I think your heartfelt posts have played a huge part in keeping us focused on your mother's case here. We all feel a connection to your family and pray for peace and answers for you. And I can understand how a post that may be somewhat more irreverent than ones you're used to might be painful -- especially considering what you thought it said.

But this thread is for ALL ws members, and we each have different things to add and different voices and tones and kinds of information. We are not allowed to attack other posters or speculate as to who they might be in real life.

If a post violates TOS, or you think it might, report it by clicking the little triangle. (And, by the way, an unverified rumor might count as a violation, I think.) You can also put individual posters on "ignore" by going to your user CP; then you won't even have to see their posts.
I second all of this! Stay strong Rita and family!!!

Also just wanted to add that there has been a recent case at websleuths where a perp was actually posting on the case and her rantings will undoubtably help put and keep her behind bars. (Abraham Shakespear case).

Thank you for understanding, and I understand what you are saying also.

Hi and welcome! Bolded by me above - we actually did discuss this theory at one time - though not specifically about Rebecca Hollister or anyone else. I thought it was plausible, but IIRC, there was no indication of something like that going on. Still, could be.

So funny NBM!!! We posted practically the same thought and I remembered right after I hit "submit" that it was you who came up with that theory!
big ((((())))))) @ fairy1... interesting that the 'rumor' fits the theory, eh? I hope there are answers soon.

What is sad is that what ever the answer is it will not be pretty. They never are in cases of pure evil such as the vanishing of the beautiful Patricia Kimmi.

Dear Posters:

There are a number of problems with the posts in this thread.

First, this thread is for discussion. That means there may be things discussed that are upsetting to the victim's family. We always encourage family member and friends not to read here if they find that upsetting.

There is a WS forum for information and family support. The only things that can be posted there are information and messages of support for the family. Anyone may start a thread there for Patricia.

Second, if you are a friend or family member of Patricia's, you must not post at WS until your identity has been verified by WS's owner, Tricia. Her email is tgrif@xmission.com. This process is intended to keep imposters from claiming to know Patricia and posting what they "know" to be true.

Third, it is a violation of TOS to do any of the following:

1. Tell others how to or what to post.

2. Try to guess or sleuth the indentity of another poster.

3. Personal attacks against other posters.

4. Posting names or personal information about suspects or POIs that haven't been named by LE.

Of course, the TOS contains a lot more than that.

It is incumbent on you as a poster to read, understand, and follow the TOS.

And regarding rumors: if you have read a rumor, in your post you must label it as such and give a link. If you have heard a rumor, you must label it as such and state where you heard it.

Thank you,

Hoppy

I see a couple of my posts are gone, and I do apologize if I stepped over the line. My emotions got caught up in all the hurt.
I only want justice and peace for Pat and the Kimmi kids.

[ame]http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Home_Interiors_and_Gifts[/ame]

was doing some digging into ReH (with two names that start with R I am using Re as the "she" and Ro as the "he") and found that home interiors went bankrupt in 2008 (company that Re worked with)

My apologies to all if my previous post violated tos. Out of love and respect for my Mom, however, I felt the need to protect her against the rumor being circulated. Perhaps I am completely misinterpreting cowgirlsleuth's "gossip" but there is only one rumor that has gone round and round and round, and that is what I thought she was posting about. Now it is not just local, but reporters are calling to ask us about it. There is no truth to it, anyone who knows my Mom in the least would know that, and certainly anyone w/ "firsthand" knowledge would know better than to repeat it. So I have to question the motives of the person made it up in the first place, whoever that may be.

Rita, don't apologize. I have heard the rumor I am sure you were thinking about and to be quite frank, it ticked me off. If the people spreading this rumor knew your family, your mom, they would not be speaking that horrible rumor. I myself have tried to squash that when I have heard it. I know it is mainly from what I understand coming from the Sabetha area. At least that is from whom I heard it first and tried my best to stop it. Know how hurtful something like that would be to all of you. Sorry that it is even out there.

Hugs

1. Tell others how to or what to post

My guideline for myself is to only post what I would feel comfortable saying if the family and the rest of this site were in the room with me. That is MY thoughts and no one else is expected to follow suit and I wouldn't dream of indicating that. I am a nurse and we deal w/ confidentiality all the time so I get uncomfortable w/ gossip and rumors anyway--- even if the person is not my patient.

For me, it is great to be able to toss ideas back and forth and think of what could have happened and what someone might be thinking and where this is heading next.... the 'TONE' of a message can make a difference. I don't think anyone has had an issue w/ anything before that message and it may not have seemed 'odd' to others, but it sure raised a red flag to several people on here that something seemed a bit off.

Great site! I think this group has worked well together and the family is wanting the information and sharing information w/ us and handling it all remarkably well w/ truly amazing grace. I am glad they feel comfortable on here w/ us and hope they continue to come because I almost feel like I've adopted this family as my own!

((sorry if this seemed un-educated or nutty))

I would also like to appoligize for my post. I think I took something wrong about the ex statement... All my thoughts are with the Kimmi family. My prayers are there each and every day praying that today will be the day. It is time that Pat came home!

I found Re's maiden name, too. I recognized it, and I have some ties to the family in really distant ways. My sister knows some of her family. A close high school friend of my sister's dated one of Re's brothers. This was all way back when -- 60s. Sister is hearing also that Re is timid and shy, commonly thought to be because of spousal abuse. That would be rumor, of course. If so, too bad the brothers didn't step in, and teach Ro a lesson. It looks more like they got him a job at Goodyear. :-(

Saylor insurance provides crop insurance/ farm insurance for farmers

<H2>Commercial, Farm, and Crop Insurance
Saylor Insurance offers insurance packages that are tailored for different types of businesses and farms. Whether it is insurance for your building, business property, farm, machinery, equipment, or crops, we offer products and services to protect you and your assets.

Saylor Insurance only works with companies that are financially sound, will stand by you and be there when you need them, just as we will. When your farm or business is on the line, why take another risk? Insure with Saylor Insurance today!
http://www.saylorinsurance.com/products.html
</H2>
Hollisters=from Sabetha
Hollisters=home searched
Hollisters=farm
saylor insurance cap=found at second crime scene

1. Tell others how to or what to post

My guideline for myself is to only post what I would feel comfortable saying if the family and the rest of this site were in the room with me. That is MY thoughts and no one else is expected to follow suit and I wouldn't dream of indicating that. I am a nurse and we deal w/ confidentiality all the time so I get uncomfortable w/ gossip and rumors anyway--- even if the person is not my patient.

For me, it is great to be able to toss ideas back and forth and think of what could have happened and what someone might be thinking and where this is heading next.... the TONE of a message can make a difference and I don't think anyone has had an issue w/ anything before that message and it may not have seemed 'odd' to others, but it sure raised a red flag to several people on here that something seemed a bit odd.

Great site! I think this group has worked well together and the family is wanting the information and sharing information w/ us and handling it all remarkably well w/ truly amazing grace. I am glad they feel comfortable on here w/ us and hope they continue to come because I almost feel like I've adopted this family as my own!

Tone, you couldnt have chose a better word!!! Lets talk about tone, if it isnt too far off the subject matter. Actually, its right on, hang with me.

If you get too far from the music, the tone is the 1st thing to go (after volume decreases). If the radio is too low in the car, the tone becomes muffled, to the point you arent sure if you are hearing a saxiphone, a guitar, or a piano. I have even thought I heard one song, only to be surpised its another when i adjust the volume up & the tone becomes defined. Another set of tone destroying "things happen" when the music is too loud, but lets talk about it being too low.

So the tone of a conversation. If I am sitting across the room from you, talking, looking you in the eye, & we are experiencing each others body language, we are probably at full tone of conversation.

If i call you on the tele, we lost some of that.

A cell phone with drop outs disinigrates it a little more.

It might get worse or better if I write you a letter, depends on how well my writing skills are, depends if I can add some parables & paint you a picture you can see.

My personal observation is, that an internet board probably lacks the most tone. In this thread, we are excited when new evidence comes up, we want to post "fast". We read something, we misunderstand it or just plain make a misktake in reading it, or the writer isnt very savvy at laying our their thoughts properly. It happens.

Yea, great advise, checking our tone.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member