KS KS - Randy Leach, 17, Linwood, 15 Apr 1988

Just heard about this extremely sad case. RL was a kid who had his whole life ahead of him, and then vanishes without a trace. I agree with others that one of two things probably happened here:

1) Something happened to RL at the party. I.e., either an alcohol overdose or something else. And, the other party-goers panicked due to fearing they would get in trouble - so, they disposed of RL & his car.

If this is what happened, it may have been similar to the well-known Kurt Sova case - also from the '80's. However, in that case KS was later found.

2) Since RL's car still hasn't been found, it's very plausible that RL accidentally drove his car into a body of water, drowned - and he/his car still haven't been found. This type of thing has happened in the past; i.e., someone drives into a body of water & is found many years later. I.e., the car could have sunk to the bottom of a lake/river; the car could have been washed down-stream; etc.

Randy Leach

As of Oct. 11, the organization said the case has officially been dubbed a homicide and not a missing persons cold case, however, Leach and the vehicle have never been recovered. Therefore, there is no evidence yet that a homicide actually occurred.

RL's car still hasn't been found, it's very plausible that RL accidentally drove his car into a body of water, drowned - and he/his car still haven't been found. This type of thing has happened in the past; i.e., someone drives into a body of water & is found many years later. I.e., the car could have sunk to the bottom of a lake/river; the car could have been washed down-stream; etc.
Yes, I also think the car being missing is the clue too.

Is there anyway we can find out the license plate or VIN and can check if it was ever found/stolen/sold...even in another state.

I shall also have a look on google satellite for any potential lakes around the Linwood, KS area.

His drink y have been spiked, he he may have driven off into a lake or river.

Or a nefarious person may have killed him and put him in his car and pushed the car into a body of water to hide all evidence.

Local bodies of water to Linwood, KS.

Linwood is right on the Kansas River. In some places nearby it is over 1000 feet wide. Not sure of depth.

Less than 30 miles from Linwood are 2 lakes. Clifton Lake and Perry Lake, both look quite large. It's not beyond the realms of possibility he and his car could be in here, especially if someone else killed him, and drove him in his own car to dispose.of evidence.

Maps attached below.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20231017-125157~3.png
    Screenshot_20231017-125157~3.png
    483.6 KB · Views: 1
  • Screenshot_20231017-125223~2.png
    Screenshot_20231017-125223~2.png
    588.7 KB · Views: 1
Yes, I also think the car being missing is the clue too.

Is there anyway we can find out the license plate or VIN and can check if it was ever found/stolen/sold...even in another state.

I shall also have a look on google satellite for any potential lakes around the Linwood, KS area.

His drink y have been spiked, he he may have driven off into a lake or river.

Or a nefarious person may have killed him and put him in his car and pushed the car into a body of water to hide all evidence.
If the original agency flagged the VIN, it would have been notified of any activity.

Randy Leach

As of Oct. 11, the organization said the case has officially been dubbed a homicide and not a missing persons cold case, however, Leach and the vehicle have never been recovered. Therefore, there is no evidence yet that a homicide actually occurred.
Wow! I really have always been of the opinion that he ended up in a body of water with his car. They must have some sort of evidence that he was murdered for this to be a homicide case, right?

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Linnymac68$
Back