GUILTY KY - Alex Johnson, 32, Lexington, 20 December 2013

True...but what kind of truck is for sale? People have been killed over vehicles before.

It was an ad from 12/7/13 on Lexington Craigslist for a Ford f250 1997 heavy duty 3/4 ton truck. Wish we knew what kind of truck Alex has and if he was selling it.

He seems like such a good person. I hope he is found safe...and soon!

Just thought I would throw out there that the knock on the door might have nothing to do with his disappearance. Could just be that he got off the phone to answer the door...and did so. Then decided to go out and run an errand, drop by a friends house etc...

That means this comment is posted in two different places then. Sounds like she's trying to get her question about the truck out there.

The comment was screen captured and posted to the FB page, so I think it is just one comment. But the FB admin (which maybe his sister) is aware of the question and has the name and FB contact for the person asking, so if it is helpful, it is already in the right hands.
I do wish we could get more solid info to go on. Have they gotten his phone records, are there any new contacts that are unfamiliar, did he meet any new people lately, the questions about listing or buying off Craigslist..... So many questions but no answers...

This case is strange. I've only recently moved out of Lexington after being there for nearly 10 years and I can't really remember any random crimes similar to this. I hope he just wasn't in the wrong place at the wrong time if he left home and the person knocking didn't have anything to do with it.

I don't think the area is unsafe. I so hope this mystery is solved soon!! And with a good outcome. I just followed his missing FB page and he reminds me of my friends.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

if he was talking to his girlfriend and the knock on the door was from an unexpected visitor, I don't see where someone would hang up their conversation just to answer the door. Most would be like, hold on let me see who is at the door. Now with what he said to her it seems that he was expecting someone. How close are the neighbor apartments? How far is the mall? Could he have gone to the mall since he was going shopping anyway? Has any video been looked at there just to see?

if he was talking to his girlfriend and the knock on the door was from an unexpected visitor, I don't see where someone would hang up their conversation just to answer the door. Most would be like, hold on let me see who is at the door. Now with what he said to her it seems that he was expecting someone. How close are the neighbor apartments? How far is the mall? Could he have gone to the mall since he was going shopping anyway? Has any video been looked at there just to see?

I believe his apt is a good distance from the big shopping areas. Too far to walk but I guess he could have used lextran. Lexingtons public bus. I hope he is found soon

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

if he was talking to his girlfriend and the knock on the door was from an unexpected visitor, I don't see where someone would hang up their conversation just to answer the door. Most would be like, hold on let me see who is at the door.

I thought the same.

Wonder where he was when he was talking to his girlfiend? Was he on a landline in the bedroom and couldn't see who was at the door? We don't have a landline phone in our house but my Mom and Dad still do...they actually have 4, one in the kitchen, one in the livingroom, one in the bedroom and one in the basement. If he was on a landline in a room not close to the door, I could see why he'd want to hang up. Plus maybe the girlfriend had alot to do and he didn't want to lay the phone down and tie her up.

Has it been stated what kind of vehicle he had as there was mention that there was a truck for sale?

It was an ad from 12/7/13 on Lexington Craigslist for a Ford f250 1997 heavy duty 3/4 ton truck. Wish we knew what kind of truck Alex has and if he was selling it.

I can tell you that he drives a blue-ish ford ranger.....
http://www.lex18.com/news/police-suspicious-circumstances-in-disappearance-of-lexington-man
If you watch the video on the link, and jump to 0:55, you can see his truck, his apartment and a RED tuck sitting in the driveway. I think that is where the comment about a red truck came from, although I think that the driveway could be shared by both houses in the video....also, i dont think he was selling his truck, but i cant say for sure....

I can tell you that he drives a blue-ish ford ranger.....
http://www.lex18.com/news/police-suspicious-circumstances-in-disappearance-of-lexington-man
If you watch the video on the link, and jump to 0:55, you can see his truck, his apartment and a RED tuck sitting in the driveway. I think that is where the comment about a red truck came from, although I think that the driveway could be shared by both houses in the video....also, i dont think he was selling his truck, but i cant say for sure....

Thank you foofus, that eliminates the possibility of the craigslist ad being his.

Just wish we had more info to go on....as I'm sure everyone does. But something for me that would be good to know is, was Alex the only occupant of a house...or one of other apartments within a house? For instance, if some stranger knocked on his door....it could make a bit more sense if it was the 1st floor front door of a house. But if this was some random act it could hardly make any sense at all if they went to a 2nd floor apt. door within a building with other apartments. It would almost have to be someone he knew if it was a multi-tenant home. The door was locked as he left, but his vehicle is still at the house. It seems that scenario would fit if the person at the door was someone he knew and he left with them. I don't know....I just keep running this through my head and there is so little to go on :( Did he leave in his own vehicle and bring it back later? Or did someone else bring it back and park it there? I wonder if they found his car keys? I would be finding a reputable psychic....what is there to lose at this point?

Thank you foofus, that eliminates the possibility of the craigslist ad being his.

yes....still you never know, i hadnt heard anything about him selling his truck, (a lead worth checking though)...

still, i wish LE would release some more info......a lot of people here, in lexington, are at a loss and dont know what to do next, i have heard of some wanting to form some sort of search, but no one knows where to start and LE has been hush-hush on this...i have to believe that his phone was with him and not shut off right away, which makes me think there was a "last known ping".....i keep coming back to this because there are people here that want to help but dont know what to do or where to start...what do you guys think we should do? the family, (as far as i know) are not in the area and there for may not be able to form such searches....havent heard of any LE searches....:please:

I've only read that the last activity on his cell was the call with his girlfriend. Don't recall reading if they have his cell or if that was just from the records.

Something I was just thinking...since he went missing on a Friday, I wonder if he got paid on Fridays? Could he have gone to an ATM and withdrawn a good bit of cash for his planned shopping trip?? Maybe someone was watching him. I live in Ky, but closer to Cincinnati and we have a horrible problem in this area with heroin addiction. I don't know how prevalent that might be in Lexington, but as we all know, addicts will do just about anything for money. Of course, I'm sure LE has looked into this by now and would have his bank records, etc. and video from an ATM if he used one.

Since it was obviously not a robbery, I'm thinking someone must not have liked him for some reason and since he was loved by everyone that knew him I'm thinking maybe his girlfriend had a jealous exboyfriend or maybe even a stalker that she wasn't aware of that didn't like her seeing this man and decided to do away with the competition.

This is an off the wall comment but sometimes I wish that people had a tracking device installed in them like they do animals and we were able to trace people when things like this happens. It is amazing since I have joined this forum the huge number of people who just poof! Vanish into thin air.

I don't know, I don't think he's still alive. It's been too long, he even missed the holidays. So sad. I just hope they will locate him soon.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
butiwantedthatname
Back