KY KY - Crystal Rogers, 35, Bluegrass Parkway, 3 July 2015 #2

Status
Not open for further replies.
First time poster to this thread. I live in Southern Indiana, right across from Louisville KY. and have followed this case closely and caught up on the threads.
I have watched the Oxygen channels series about Crystal as well. I must say it's so unreal that this has not been solved. But after seeing how le has handled this case, I'm not surprised.
1. They gave Crystal 's car back to her parents without even doing the slightest forensic basics to collect evidence.
2. Only 10 bags of evidence can be submitted to the crime lab without a judge giving the ok to submit more? Is this real? No wonder so many cases are unsolved.
3. BH interview with le: this guy should have been under 24/7 surveillance the moment he walked out that door. NH calling BH during that interview made me laugh: they had that planned before he walked into that interview. Fake.
4. Tommy getting gunned down on the opening day of gun season? So tragic. I tear up seeing footage of him looking for his daughter not knowing the fate that awaited him.

Why has it taken so long to lock these evil people up? I just don't understand what's going on in Bardstown....

First time poster to this thread. I live in Southern Indiana, right across from Louisville KY. and have followed this case closely and caught up on the threads.
I have watched the Oxygen channels series about Crystal as well. I must say it's so unreal that this has not been solved. But after seeing how le has handled this case, I'm not surprised.
1. They gave Crystal 's car back to her parents without even doing the slightest forensic basics to collect evidence.
2. Only 10 bags of evidence can be submitted to the crime lab without a judge giving the ok to submit more? Is this real? No wonder so many cases are unsolved.
3. BH interview with le: this guy should have been under 24/7 surveillance the moment he walked out that door. NH calling BH during that interview made me laugh: they had that planned before he walked into that interview. Fake.
4. Tommy getting gunned down on the opening day of gun season? So tragic. I tear up seeing footage of him looking for his daughter not knowing the fate that awaited him.

Why has it taken so long to lock these evil people up? I just don't understand what's going on in Bardstown....

In regards to the forensics done, the lead detective on the case insisted that what was shown on the show was sensationalized. He, of course, wasn't the one who did the processing but he insisted that testing was done. I do know the crime scene tech had a pretty distinguished career working for a bigger police department so I'm not sure how accurate the tv portrayal is.

In regards to the forensics done, the lead detective on the case insisted that what was shown on the show was sensationalized. He, of course, wasn't the one who did the processing but he insisted that testing was done. I do know the crime scene tech had a pretty distinguished career working for a bigger police department so I'm not sure how accurate the tv portrayal is.
The car still had everything in it, it was dirty and there were empty bottles and wrappers and grass and other debris. I don't know how the car would look like that if everything had been tested; they aren't going to pull things out, test them, and then put them back. And KY does have the rule about 10 pieces of evidence, so it's not necessarily the PD's fault.

The show didn’t claim testing wasn’t done. They claimed only the 10 allowed pieces of evidence were processed. As the poster above said, how would the car look like it did if it was fully processed beyond 10 pieces of evidence? That doesn’t mean there was evidence in there that they missed. In fact what they thought could be blood, wasn’t. But I don’t believe it was fully gone over.

I need to know thoughts on the oxygen show. I did not get to watch it all but have seen the clips and I just can't understand how this has not been solved yet. I've looked on youtube and other places so if anyone has a link to the full episode, please let me know. This one breaks my heart is too close to home. Tommy deserves justice and justice for his daughter. The other murders being related just really would not surprise me.

They never even processed Crystals car or not properly! But looks like not at all!!! Also there may be blood in her trunk, pending results

I'm kind of curious. This program we are talking about was probably taped a while ago and is being shown now. Has anything come of all this investigation? Any charges?
Crystal's parents really loved their daughter and somebody is either very smart or very lucky.

The car still had everything in it, it was dirty and there were empty bottles and wrappers and grass and other debris. I don't know how the car would look like that if everything had been tested; they aren't going to pull things out, test them, and then put them back. And KY does have the rule about 10 pieces of evidence, so it's not necessarily the PD's fault.
The crime scene tech put a statement out about items she collected that were deemed important. She mentioned that she wasn't the one who released the car after being processed by her because KSP did latent print testing. She said it was all documented in her report and then the sheriff's department took it back into their possession. I'm not saying every thing was tested, but the show was portraying it as if it wasn't ever processed at all and that it should've had dust from testing for prints and that just wasn't entirely true.

I'm kind of curious. This program we are talking about was probably taped a while ago and is being shown now. Has anything come of all this investigation? Any charges?
Crystal's parents really loved their daughter and somebody is either very smart or very lucky.
It was filmed last summer. The only thing that's happened really is Brooks Houck ended up being arrested on theft chargers for stealing shingles from Lowe's. This forum has done a really good job of keeping any new information updated with links so it might be helpful to read through them.

They've already been denied an indictment from a grand jury once, they're probably not going to go back before one until they're absolutely sure that they can get an indictment. It seems like they don't have solid DNA evidence. If they could get a corroborating witness or some type of confession, they'd probably be able to persuade the grand jury.

Potential Human Remains Found In Search For Missing Crystal Rogers

.."
The first search group then made their way to the area team two had canvassed, and a cadaver dog named Duke also alerted in the same spot.

Tammy Finci, Duke's trainer, told Sherry: "Now honey, it may not be her, OK? But we got two great dogs on the same spot."

"It's something, I do believe it's something," Sherry said through tears. "I just hope it's my answer."

To find out what happens next, watch "The Disappearance of Crystal Rogers" on Oxygen. "

Potential Human Remains Found In Search For Missing Crystal Rogers

.."
The first search group then made their way to the area team two had canvassed, and a cadaver dog named Duke also alerted in the same spot.

Tammy Finci, Duke's trainer, told Sherry: "Now honey, it may not be her, OK? But we got two great dogs on the same spot."

"It's something, I do believe it's something," Sherry said through tears. "I just hope it's my answer."

To find out what happens next, watch "The Disappearance of Crystal Rogers" on Oxygen. "

So I'm guessing it's nothing? Boy this is a tough one. I too feel so very sorry for Crystal's brother and sister. They have had no life at all except looking for Crystal. Sad for them.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member