KY Family savagely attacked by roving gang of 50-100 teens

Status
Not open for further replies.
Surveillance video released on Monday shows a group of high school students beating a man at a Tennessee gas station.

Police said a large group of Northwest Prep Academy students swarmed a BP gas station outside Memphis.

“As we got to the car they are in the parking lot throwing up gang signs and putting up a ruckus,” Orrden Williams, Jr. said.

http://ktla.com/2015/04/14/man-carry...n-gas-station/
==========================================================================================

So these were students at a Prep Academy. Looks like a lack of educational opportunities is not the problem after all.

This is what I thought, too. But a poster upthread made a comment saying that the school was one for "problem"children and that was why this happened. I will go look for that post.

ETA: weird. I couldn't find it. But I KNOW I was thinking "rich prep school kids" and then read a post that said the school was a "second chance" kind of school and the students were mostly minority children with disciplinary records.

Regardless it is no longer there and it doesn't matter if the children are privileged or impoverished. That behavior is wrong. I guess seeing"prep" school made me think "what the heck are you rebelling against?"

Surveillance video released on Monday shows a group of high school students beating a man at a Tennessee gas station.

Police said a large group of Northwest Prep Academy students swarmed a BP gas station outside Memphis.

“As we got to the car they are in the parking lot throwing up gang signs and putting up a ruckus,” Orrden Williams, Jr. said.

http://ktla.com/2015/04/14/man-carry...n-gas-station/
==========================================================================================

So these were students at a Prep Academy. Looks like a lack of educational opportunities is not the problem after all.
No, this is an alternative school. Seven of nine arrested already had felony charges.
I don't have a link but you can check channel 5 Memphis
We had a thread on this the other day and I don't know what happened so I'm not saying anything
more on this one

No, this is an alternative school. Seven of nine arrested already had felony charges.
I don't have a link but you can check channel 5 Memphis
We had a thread on this the other day and I don't know what happened so I'm not saying anything
more on this one

Thank you! I knew I read that. Like many people, I saw "prep" and thought "privilege". Not that it excuses anything, but it is not as surprising to know that the kids doing this are disadvantaged.

To be perfectly accurate, Manson's "plan", such as it was, was to ENCOURAGE racial strife by appearing to implicate blacks in criminal attacks against whites. I'm not sure how this is comparable.

I'd be more apt to blame bath salts.

Because that is all I personally have ever seen KTO post. Stories about black mobs harassing whites. The mods had to shut one down about a month or two ago. I was just giving my opinion on his threads. I am not re-writing history or comparing him to Manson. Just an opinion and comment.

you forgot to mention the enablers who ignore or make excuses for their behavior.

JMO

I believe the 'enablers' are those who don't show any human compassion for people who are at a disadvantage in life. The enablers are those filled with hate and bias and discrimination who would just as soon execute anyone they assume might be a criminal rather than work toward something positive. Their hate fuels aggression.

Because that is all I personally have ever seen KTO post. Stories about black mobs harassing whites. The mods had to shut one down about a month or two ago. I was just giving my opinion on his threads. I am not re-writing history or comparing him to Manson. Just an opinion and comment.

As a long time reader, I do see your point. I often know which threads to avoid simply by who originated them.....

Embarrass me? As soon as I read the thread title, I knew immediately this was a story from over a year ago. I remember when it happened. Embarrass me? No, I was embarrassed for him, thinking he did not realize he was posting past events as current news.
I was not attempting to intimidate anybody, I doubt I could. What was intimidating? You have a unique way of perceiving others opinions.

Unfortunately the attacks by roving gangs of teens is still a current story all over the country. It is still happening.

JMO

A security guard at the door would been able to spot the crowd in advance and could have locked the door. If necessary they could hire an off-duty police officer to man the door. That would certainly solve the problem. It's the stores responsibility to secure their establishment.

Maybe keeping a gun behind the counter would be a good deterrent.

I believe the 'enablers' are those who don't show any human compassion for people who are at a disadvantage in life. The enablers are those filled with hate and bias and discrimination who would just as soon execute anyone they assume might be a criminal rather than work toward something positive. Their hate fuels aggression.

My college student son was mugged on a sidewalk in Chicago. Hit in the head and face. His money he had EARNED was in his pocket and was taken. I have no compassion whatsoever for the teenagers who committed the crime or their parents, who apparently show no interest in controlling them.

JMO

My college student son was mugged on a sidewalk in Chicago. Hit in the head and face. His money he had EARNED was in his pocket and was taken. I have no compassion whatsoever for the teenagers who committed the crime or their parents, who apparently show no interest in controlling them.

JMO

I'm sorry this happened, I hope he is alright!

Yeah, that must be the problem. It has nothing to do with their own lack of initiative or criminal behavior. It is everyone else's fault. Sure.

OT
Really is nice to see you guys! There are a few I haven't seen in awhile miss y'all too!

Sorry! The parents really need to step up to the plate and be a parent. IMO

Yeah, that must be the problem. It has nothing to do with their own lack of initiative or criminal behavior. It is everyone else's fault. Sure.

That's not remotely what I said. I never once said the person committing the acts takes NO blame for their criminal behavior. Good grief.

ADMIN NOTE: Since the topic of this thread is the Kentucky family, and not one posts other than the opening one mentions the Kentucky family, there is no point in keeping this thread open.

The thread is now closed.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member