KY KY/IN - Days Inn Murders, I-65, Mary Gill, Jean Gilbert, Vicki Heath, 1989

When searching the internet for the crimes of what I believe is a prolific Serial Killer I have come across quite a few unsolved series of murders in the US. These cases seem to go under the radar a little so I will give them a bump. Here is a good link with information about a number of cases and composite sketches of possible suspects:

I-65 Serial Killer/Days Inn Murders

Apart from a lazy eye and the fact he commits murders I could not say the description of the I65 Killer is that much like my suspect in the I70 Killer case. I just want to compare the composite sketch from another unsolved murder with that of the I65 Killer:

rofstadspt1.jpg

Carol Rofstad: Murdered in 1975 at Illinois State University ~True Crime Diva

636609609168384011-I-65-killer.jpg

https://eu.courierpress.com/story/o...cky-serial-killer-still-runs-loose/578539002/

There is not that information about these nasty but interesting cases. Here is a criminally listed video about crimes in Hotels and there is a good segment on the I65 Killer:

Doing some research on this case due to some recent activity in the area. I found what @meanmaryjean said about the hotel clerk in Lebanon IN in 1987 also very interesting.

Will take some time to get up to speed on this. Does anyone have anymore information on these murders including the Lebanon case............yikes I live right off I-65 in the proximity.....I've never heard of these cases.

This is making me crazy- we moved to Lebanon IN in 1987. Within a couple of years of moving here, the female night clerk at the Lebanon Holiday Inn (I-65 and SR 39) was brutally beaten to death. Likely with a golf club she kept behind the desk for protection. No one has ever been arrested.

I cannot help but wonder if it is connected. I've never heard of these three cases before.

Just got this info from a local: Victoria Harshman, September 19-20 (overnight), 1991.
The Murder of Victoria Harshman

This fits with a criminal that is very close to many of these crime scenes. He even got a ticket for speeding between 2 of the crime scenes.

Attachments

• EDE5A108-0EED-431A-8C53-F03C02629694.png
    EDE5A108-0EED-431A-8C53-F03C02629694.png
    324.3 KB · Views: 17
So that was an interesting article but what’s even more interesting was the comment someone posted to the writer below the article...

At the suggestion of Damion Moore (American Crime Journal) I covered the murder of Vicki Cozzy Harshman in my most recent episode. Spoiler! I don't think she was killed by the I-65 killer.

Women are still going missing or are found dead in this area...really all along I-65, I-75 and the Bluegrass Parkway which makes a perfect loop for a driving route. This route could also go through Cincinnati which is another hot spot for similar cases.

I follow missing people in Kentucky on Facebook and have noticed a ton of women have gone missing recently in the Richmond area which is right off the highway as well. Really makes me wonder if there is still an active serial killer in the Midwest area.

BREAKING: I-65 Serial Killer Case Solved - American Crime Journal |

"American Crime Journal has been able to confirm through multiple sources, that the man we’ve called the I-65 Serial Killer, also known as the perpetrator of the “Days Inn Murders” has been identified and is deceased.

[...]

Both Elizabethtown Police Department and Indiana State Police have stated that a press release is coming in the next few weeks (possibly months). The other agencies have declined to go on record or comment, with the Indiana agencies referring to the ISP, though another detective confirmed that the suspected killer is deceased."

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Buffalosleuther
Back