Found Deceased KY - James 'Mike' Kimsey, 48, Louisville, 29 May 2015

Why has nobody mentioned his relationship with his wife? No one has said (AFAIK) that he would never leave his wife etc. Why did she wait to report him missing? She is a victim in this, of course, but she has not acted in his best interest imo.

I found the comment mentioning paranoid schizophrenia really strange, too. But I also know that paranoid schizophrenia is extremely difficult to treat to a level that results in normalcy, so I have serious doubts about him having it. But the fact that it was brought up did pique my interest. I know that bipolar disorder can have schizoid features, and that IS something that's very treatable, so...I did consider if that might be a possibility.

Another strange thing--a photo of a "missing" flyer showed up on Facebook three weeks after he went missing. I have no idea who made it or where it came from originally, but there was practically no information on it. It had a picture, his name, his height and weight, and a contact number. That was it. No last seen, what he was wearing, nothing. That evening, the first news reports also showed up online.

Three weeks is a long time.

I just think its highly unlikely that some one kidnapped him in the middle of the night at gunpoint, there are easier and safer locations to jump some one than their own home with family inside.

looking for meds without a car? unlikely as well

Pilots are generally devastated if they are no longer able to fly especially if its their only source of income. Im thinking he may have got some bad news regarding his health and kept that to himself and possibly suicided

I found the comment mentioning paranoid schizophrenia really strange, too. But I also know that paranoid schizophrenia is extremely difficult to treat to a level that results in normalcy, so I have serious doubts about him having it. But the fact that it was brought up did pique my interest. I know that bipolar disorder can have schizoid features, and that IS something that's very treatable, so...I did consider if that might be a possibility.

Another strange thing--a photo of a "missing" flyer showed up on Facebook three weeks after he went missing. I have no idea who made it or where it came from originally, but there was practically no information on it. It had a picture, his name, his height and weight, and a contact number. That was it. No last seen, what he was wearing, nothing. That evening, the first news reports also showed up online.

Three weeks is a long time.

I understand that his parents printed up the original flyer because no one else was making anything public about him being gone and it took awhile for his friends to even realize he was missing. I believe all the talk about mental issues and being dependent on medication is complete BS! I knew him years ago and everyone who knew him liked him and he is a very accomplished man. Everything I've seen online has been completely supportive of him - haven't seen one person state anything negative other than the original information the police were given, which I believe was an attempt to distract and delay efforts to find him. It's a sad and confusing case - everything is so secretive and it doesn't sound like the police are giving out any information at all.

The delay in reporting him missing could be because of marital problems - his wife initially might have believed he left her or needed a break or went to his girlfriend, etc. JUST MY SPECULATION!

I have seen it many times here on WS that certain truths are initially hidden from the public. These include mental illnesses, marital problems, sexual behaviour that is not 'the norm' (being secretly gay, certain fetishes, etc), addictions, etc. I'm not saying that any of this is the case here, but I think we all picked up on the fact that he wasn't immediately reported missing, and often there is a reason for such behaviour by the spouse.

really worried about him... I agree with previous posters that I don't see why he'd look for meds with no car.... I don't see this being a robbery or kidnapping either if where he lives is relatively isolated?

really worried about him... I agree with previous posters that I don't see why he'd look for meds with no car.... I don't see this being a robbery or kidnapping either if where he lives is relatively isolated?

I agree. What does this leave us with? Accident or suicide I suppose?

He's been missing for 6 weeks ... :/

I just think its highly unlikely that some one kidnapped him in the middle of the night at gunpoint, there are easier and safer locations to jump some one than their own home with family inside.

Pilots are generally devastated if they are no longer able to fly especially if its their only source of income. Im thinking he may have got some bad news regarding his health and kept that to himself and possibly suicided

I think you make some good points. I tend to agree overall. I will say I have heard from a local cop that there have been a rash of car break-ins in the driveways of homes in that area of Louisville. While he may not have been taken in the home, he could have happened upon somebody in the neighborhood doing something wrong and then found himself in some danger. Just a thought.

It isn't isolated by any means. His house is part of a large subdivision of pricey homes. That subdivision is close to other subdivisions of homes, and it is on a road that is only a mile or so from nothing but urban landscape. Because his subdivision and other subdivisions near his are relatively new, there is still a lot of undeveloped land nearby. Just because there is some open areas nearby, though, doesn't mean that he lived in an isolated area. Sorry if I confused you.

All that stated, what did occur to me is that his neighborhood is full of new and very, very nice homes. Here is a satellite view of his home and neighborhood. He lives at 3807 Woodmont Park Lane.
https://www.google.com/maps/place/3807+Woodmont+Park+Ln,+Louisville,+KY+40245/@38.291386,-85.480164,706m/data=!3m2!1e3!4b1!4m2!3m1!1s0x8869990aeb408c89:0x375941d1fa5a06ac!6m1!1e1

I could easily see where some burglars could target such a neighborhood.

Mike's smart, he's had a great career and I find it hard to believe he wouldn't have a sizable savings. Regardless, he never struck me as the type to kill himself. Something isn't being said, but I don't know what it is. I mean, it took three entire weeks for any details except "he's missing" to come out at all. It just doesn't set right with me.

Reminds me of Shannon Burgess in Canada.
Husband didn't report her missing for 5 days.
She was recently found after a year in or on the property they owned. I'm not clear on exact location yet.

Was reading the FB page tonight, looks like it's run by his mom and dad. Nothing from the wife. Also surprised to read someone say that Mike is NOT paranoid schitzophrenic and they don't know why the person who reported him missing would say that to the police. When asked who said it, the poster stated, "I'd rather not say on a public forum".

Sadly, I see it one of two ways: Mike's misfortune lies very close to home (which is where I'm leaning) or

He does have a mental illness and in our hushhushaboutmentalillness culture, his loved ones feel they are doing him a service by hiding it. Entirely possible that Mike's absence from flying had to do with mental fitness, js.

The meds one would be prescribed for actual diagnosed paranoid schizophrenia would, to the best of my knowledge, disqualify him for military service or a pilot's license. Was this a statement from the police or his family?

The meds one would be prescribed for actual diagnosed paranoid schizophrenia would, to the best of my knowledge, disqualify him for military service or a pilot's license. Was this a statement from the police or his family?

The only statement I saw was one comment on the FB page.

From what I've googled and read there are only a few psych meds pilots are permitted to use and they are all antidepressants. (Wasn't the Germanwings pilot on ADs?) I didn't find anything specifically addressing anti-psychotics (which are prescribed for schizophrenia), but due to their common side effects - tremor, dizziness, headaches, changes in vision, etc - I would be shocked if someone were allowed to pilot a plane while on one.

The only statement I saw was one comment on the FB page.

From what I've googled and read there are only a few psych meds pilots are permitted to use and they are all antidepressants. (Wasn't the Germanwings pilot on ADs?) I didn't find anything specifically addressing anti-psychotics (which are prescribed for schizophrenia), but due to their common side effects - tremor, dizziness, headaches, changes in vision, etc - I would be shocked if someone were allowed to pilot a plane while on one.

Unfortunately whilst the rest of the 1st world learns to (slowly) accept and open up about Mental Health issues this does not stretch as far as pilots (yet! I hope that one day soon it does). If you have a spare 20 mins this link is interesting reading - I feel so sorry for pilot's that are put in this unacceptable position in this day and age.

This case makes me think of the Jerry Michael Williams case. Things just don't add up.

I'm stirrin' that pot myself...

It is also interesting that the 'timeline' of events is solely provided by her...when was the last time someone ELSE saw him? I believe he was seen earlier in the day - but everything that we know is predicated on her statement. Yet, as many of you have commented, all of the messaging around his disappearance say things like "he would never leave his son" and "Mike would never leave B willingly" Nothing about the wife, nothing about "leave his family" - which is so standard as to be suspicious when it is altered this way.
I'm sure the police have explored if there are any exterior video cameras in the neighborhood that may have captured "goings on". But the story that has been provided by the wife doesn't add up. It doesn't make sense. It isn't logical - and in my mind, it isn't believable then.

Speculating on things that don't add up or that aren't logical is fairly common I would think. LE is the first group to say that when a spouse is missing/murdered, etc. that the first person they investigate is the spouse. LE is incredibly silent on this case, having said virtually nothing (that I am aware of). There are millions of alternative scenarios that could be (and hopefully ARE) playing out in this case. But a) a spouse is always a suspect and b) timelines are essential in determining what happened and knowing where to investigate, where to look. Best case scenario is he comes home today, sheepish and apologetic for having caused worry to his friends, family and community.

Speculating on things that don't add up or that aren't logical is fairly common I would think. LE is the first group to say that when a spouse is missing/murdered, etc. that the first person they investigate is the spouse. LE is incredibly silent on this case, having said virtually nothing (that I am aware of). There are millions of alternative scenarios that could be (and hopefully ARE) playing out in this case. But a) a spouse is always a suspect and b) timelines are essential in determining what happened and knowing where to investigate, where to look. Best case scenario is he comes home today, sheepish and apologetic for having caused worry to his friends, family and community.

It might be common, and it might be the first thing LE does, but we don't do that here on WS. The family is considered victims unless LE says they are suspects.

i am a fellow resident of woodmont, the neighborhood where mike kimsey lives.
a few extra notes on him. first, i believe the medication referred to is for pain, not psyche treatment. that appears to be something inferred by others.
second, no one knew he was missing until about a day before the news story broke. his house had a cadaver dog truck, and 2 crime scene unit trucks. but nothing sense that day or maybe the next. the crime scene unit appeared to take a look at the neighborhood nature trail, but it didnt appear to be very extensive.
his wife has made no public announcements or pleas... all of the search and details appear to come from his parents.

woodmont is an upper middle class neighborhood, and mike's house is on the main drag near the front entrance. he is well known by face, if not by name, because he would spend many days outside watching the traffic come and go in the neighborhood. in fact, that particular behavior was found a little creepy by some residence. his mailbox was run down twice within a month about a year ago, and some think that's why he keeps a watchful eye.

so far there has not been any additional police presence or search that anyone is aware of. current theories include that his wife may be involved, that he saw a burglary and got involved, or perhaps that someone kidnapped him for his flying expertise. it is possible that it could be suicide, but unlikely given the lack of body nearby. there are commonly breakins here, but nothing violent has occurred.

he was reportedly at a kindergarten graduation party for his son at chuck e cheese the day before the night he disappeared.

its very doubtful that he went walking and got lost or injured. while we are on the edge of he city/county.... we arent very remote. we back up to another neighborhood, and another is across the main drag. the roads leading in and out are heavily travelled by residents of these neighborhoods. the "nature trail" is a short, 1/4 mile path that leads from the main drag abt 200 yards from mike's house... and ends near the tennis courts, pool, and clubhouse.

i would like to remain anonymous, but can answer questions anyone has about the area.

Welcome to WS, and thanks for your input. Info from someone who knows the neighborhood, etc. is so helpful.

I agree with you about the medication. The initial posted article noted he was on medication following surgery. Maybe he spent so much time outside because he was becoming stir crazy from being off work!

It seems to me, IMO, that the schizophrenia comment was misinformation, accidental or deliberate, who knows.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sassyfox
Back